Small CM update, brief park report + park pics

Always enjoy your posts and pics! A couple of questions:
1. Love the half-red/ half-white lightbulb. Where is that located?
2. You so often post about being first in line on PP. But you also post about people running and the CMs not enforcing the "no running" rule other than sort of weakly calling, "No running, please." So, how DO you get to be first on PP? Is it because it's a Sunday, not MM, and you're first in line at the turnstiles and rope drop? I don't want to run, but I'm good with getting there early enough to be first in line at turntiles and rope drop. I can and do walk quite briskly. Last time we did this, we rope dropped on a non-MM (Wednesday) from the partners statue through the castle. We were on within 10 minutes, but there were probably 40 people ahead of us. That was September of 2016.

Last edited:
Always enjoy your posts and pics! A couple of questions:
1. Love the half-red/ half-white lightbulb. Where is that located?
That's immediately above the Coca-Cola/Refreshment Corner restaurant entrance on Main Street - the small entrance that looks like the front door. I believe the story is that Walt was once walking past the place and saw two white bulbs next to each other. Since there were an odd number of lights, painting one half red and half white was the only way to satisfy the requirement that the colors alternate.

2. I don't want to run, but I'm good with getting there early enough to be first in line at turntiles and rope drop. I can and do walk quite briskly. Last time we did this, we rope dropped on a non-MM (Wednesday) from the partners statue through the castle. We were on within 10 minutes, but there were probably 40 people ahead of us. That was September of 2016.
I'm the first in the park and right at the front of the rope at RD. I'm not sure when you plan to visit the park, but the castle is closed for refurb through May 27. That means you can't go through it until the refurb is complete. For a long time, that meant going the long way around FL and entering from the back (near Alice). Lately, however, the side paths have been open. Like you, I'm a fast walker. Always have been.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter