slo’s WEDNESDAY 11/23 poll - Thanksgiving Time Off Work

Thanksgiving Time Off Work - When are you off? (M.C.)

• Sunday 11/20 or 11/27 - please post which or both

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Monday 11/21

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Tuesday 11/22

• Wednesday 11/23

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Thanksgiving Day 11/24

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • Friday 11/25

Votes: 46 59.0%
  • Saturday 11/26

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • I’m unemployed

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I’m retired

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

• Total voters
I get both Thursday and Friday off as paid holiday. Saturday and Sunday are normal days off.

I actually think the opposite is true, except for government agencies. Most employers are business as usual on Friday. This my first employer to give Friday off as a paid holiday. My last employer I took Friday off but had to use my leave time.
Live and learn. My company has two business units in the States; one in Austin and one in Long Beach. They get the Friday (and all the legal holidays in their states), and also get Canadian Thanksgiving off (2nd Monday in October; as well as all Canadian civic holidays) due to our corporate calendar. Lucky them!

Live and learn. My company has two business units in the States; one in Austin and one in Long Beach. They get the Friday (and all the legal holidays in their states), and also get Canadian Thanksgiving off (2nd Monday in October; as well as all Canadian civic holidays) due to our corporate calendar. Lucky them!
Private businesses in the US are not required to give any holidays off paid or not. Yes, we have federal and state holidays but there are not required to be given as days off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter