slo’s TUESDAY 5/7 poll - Bar Soap vs Body Wash 🧼

Bar soap vs Body Wash - What do you normally use? (m.c.)

• Bar Soap always - I’m a guy

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Bar Soap always - I’m a gal

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • Body Wash always - I’m a guy

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Body Wash always - I’m a gal

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Bar Soap sometimes - I’m a guy

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Bar Soap sometimes - I’m a gal

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • Body Wash sometimes - I’m a guy

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Body Wash sometimes - I’m a gal

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • Other - Please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Rub a dub dub, what do you use in the tub? (or shower)

Normally, do you use bar soap or body wash?
Are you a guy or gal?
(multiple choice)

*I ask about being a guy or gal because there’s not many women I know that use bar soap, and not many guys I know that use body wash, which is why I’m curious about all of you.

For Me……I’ve only used body wash my entire adult life, I’ve never known me to use bar soap since I lived with my parents 30 years ago. My DH only uses bar soap. I’ve bought him body wash in the past, but he never uses it - he just prefers bar soap.

IMG_1688.jpeg

Dove for Men bar soap. I hate it when I get to a hotel and they only have body wash. When I go away for more than a couple of nights I pack my own bar of soap and leave it there when I come home.

Reactions: NAB
Body wash in the shower always, bar soap in the evening on my face (Olay moisturizing),
Liquid soap in all bathrooms

DH uses bar soap in the shower (a gentle one or he breaks out)

LOL. I use body wash, my wife uses bar soap. I have no scientific research but if I was going to guess, I would say most women prefer bar soap not body wash.

I'm a woman and bar soap always, and I'm very picky about brands. Only Dove or Olay, nothing else seems to rinse clean.

I use body wash in both the shower and tub. DH uses bar soap. Body wash doesn't leave soap scum like bar soap does, which is an added reason to use it. :)

I hate the trend in hotels away from bar soap, like God intended, to body wash. Bar soap doesn't like film on me like body wash does, which is an added reason to use it ( ;) @ Wood Nymph).

Bar soap - almost always Dove. The green cucumber melon one during the warm months (such a cool and refreshing scent!) and the almond oil one in the winter. I find bottles of body wash to unwieldy to use with wet hands and getting the last out of the bottle is a pain. I take a bar with me when we travel. We use foaming pump-type hand soap at all the sinks.

I have found Dr Bronner's Castile in Citrus to be the best for me, I wasn't always a purist but my skin started to get blemishes from old favorites and there were sooooo many articles about bad ingredients, it seemed easier to just simplify & it worked.

Super, super dry skin here. I can only use the Dove Beauty Bar. Have tried several types of body wash and nothing compares--even Dove's brand that *should* be the same. I believe most body washes have to add a component of alcohol to some degree to get it to be appealing as a wash. I did try the Cetaphil body wash and it's awful.

Funny, we've been discussing this very topic.

I'm thinking of swapping more to bars, Dove most likely. I'd love to support local soap makers (who use lovely ingredients), but they tend to be very expensive and the bars dissolve quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter