slo’s TUESDAY 1/23 poll - Soda vs Pop vs Coke 🥤

Soda or Pop or Coke - What do you call it and where do you live? (m.c.)

• Soda

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • Pop

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Coke

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Both Soda & Pop

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I live in the United States

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I live in Canada

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I live in England or Europe

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I live in another country not listed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
The other day at work (my little second job at a baseball & softball complex) a player asked me if we had any pop. So I replied - No soda, but we do have Gatorade and water. The player than said (he was very young) - what’s soda?

This reminded me how we call this drink something different depending on what we prefer, what are family may say and where we live. When I researched this a little, I found that many just say Coke - this I didn’t know and found it interesting. So I’m very curious…..

Do you say Soda or Pop or Coke?
Do you live in the US or another country?
(multiple choice)

*For those in the US - please post where
*For those in another country - please post which country and please let us Americans know if your country has different areas that call it something different.

For Me…..I always say SODA. In northern Indiana people generally say POP, my family says POP, but years ago I decided that I like the word SODA better and trained my brain to always say SODA.

IMG_1517.jpeg

Soda - Chicago suburbs

My daughter lives in St Louis and she said that everyone calls it Coke, no matter what carbonated beverage it is. :)

I grew up/live in a “pop” area, but my husband’s family is from a “soda” area, so I think I have adopted saying soda more often but I definitely understand both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter