slo’s THURSDAY 7/27 poll - Universal Studios

Universal Studios - Have you been, which one did you visit, when was your last visit? (M.C.)

• I’ve been to Universal Studios California

Votes: 40 34.8%
  • I’ve been to Universal Studios Florida

Votes: 86 74.8%
  • I’ve never been to Universal Studios

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • I’m going this year - 2023

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I was there this year - 2023

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • I was there last year - 2022

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • I was there in 2021

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • I was there in 2019 or 2020

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I was there in 2018 or earlier

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Been to Universal Studios, the original in California when it was a mostly a real working studio tour probably in about 1974.. It was pretty cool. Returned in 2001, and it was just another overpriced theme park by then. I have no desire to ever go back.
Best studio tour we ever took was the Burbank Studios tour in 1984. They had one tour a day, limited to 10 people and you had to make a reservation months in advance. It was run out of a tiny house on the lot. It was a walking tour and what you saw just depended on who was filming that day. No shows or displays just for tourists, it was literally a tour of a working studio.

And the Waterworld stunt show is the best Theme Park stunt show ever!
I haven't seen it since 1996 when I was 9, so I can't comment on that one way or another. I don't remember it.
I did see the movie when it came out. I was a big Tina Majorino fan at that age.

I haven't seen it since 1996 when I was 9, so I can't comment on that one way or another. I don't remember it.
I did see the movie when it came out. I was a big Tina Majorino fan at that age.

Oh, man, it's so good. It's a must do when I go there.

When that sea plane jumps over the back wall! 🤯 So awesome!

It really is great stuff.

I went to Universal in Hollywood in 1992, and was not a fan. My youngest is finally tall enough for all the rides, so we are going this winter.

I’ve been to both.

Hollywood in the mid 80s when it was mostly a 2 1/2 hour tram tour and a few stage shows on the upper lot. I don’t think there were any rides and the long escalator ride to to lower lot wasn’t there either. I returned 4 or 5 times since, most recently in 2018.

I didn’t visit US Orlando until 2009, and enjoyed it very much and have returned multiple times since. Last time was March 2022.

We have been to both, but in the 1990’s. So, it’s been a long while!

I've been to both Florida and California. For our family it's really all about Harry Potter. We probably wouldn't go without that part of it. But we plan to return soon to the one in California.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter