slo’s THURSDAY 11/30 poll - Tupperware

Tupperware - Do you have any, what do you have, have you been to a party or host a party? (m.c.)

• I have Tupperware at home

Votes: 48 53.9%
  • I do not have Tupperware at home

Votes: 35 39.3%
  • I have FOOD STORAGE items

Votes: 48 53.9%
  • I have KITCHEN items

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I have TABLE items

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • I have been to a Tupperware party

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • I have hosted a Tupperware party

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • I currently sell Tupperware

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have sold Tupperware in the past

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
My favorite of the kitchen gadgets is probably an orange peeler that I think was a prize for answering a question at a party -
IMG_2609.jpeg

I got an orange peeler too. It was straight and had a deep hook at the end, like a crochet hook, that was able to get under the rind at the end of the orange. Loved it!

My mom had a bunch of it when I was growing up, and picked up more over the years as newer stuff came out. My sister in law sold it for a short time too. My Dad still has most of it. I have some of my own too.

I never liked Tupperware. It retains odors and stains.

Same here. The plastic it is made from seems inferior to other products sold in many stores. Other plastic compounds seem to do a better job at not absorbing odors. I never understood why they thought selling their product at those home 'parties' was the way to go. Think that brand of marketing no longer works like it might have originally.

Apparently Target now sells Tupperware in their stores. Found a few articles that said Tupperware was in danger of going bankrupt, but I can still see their website where they talk about hosting parties. Not sure exactly where they stand currently.

Last edited:
I no longer have any Tupperware items. I prefer glass for food storage. I went to many Tupperware parties in my younger years, and hosted one once.

Tupperware is still my favorite food storage. I use the modular mates for just about everything -- having tried most of the other brands out there. The pie keepers really keep the pies fresh.
The only non storage item I use is a shaker that can be used for salad dressing and stuff like that. It mixes things really well. Again, I've tried competitors, but the Tupperware one is my favorite.

I have a few Tupperware pieces, some very old that were passed down to me. I went to a party once, probably about 20-25 years ago. Most used items are a cereal container that I use for dry pet food, and a cake carrier.

I have mostly other brands of food storage containers, both plastic and glass, including Rubbermaid and OXO. We also sometimes wash and reuse the containers that we get from takeout food. Those, as well as some of the Ziploc brand, I consider disposable; I give them away and don’t expect them back.

I don’t have any and don’t think I ever have. Both my MiL and my mom did. I used to use the Rubbermaid/oxo/glad style containers and still have some, but mostly use glass now—Pyrex.

I used to be the queen of Tupperware, or so my dh claimed. He used to tease me about burying me in a Tupperware coffin and I'd be fresh forever as long as he burped the lid. Yes, we have weird senses of humor. At this point I have some Tupperware, some Pampered Chef, and some Rubbermaid. My only issue with the Tupperware was the clear bowls always ended up stained because on of my sons or dh would reheat spaghetti or chili in them no matter how many times I said to use glass for red foods.

I'm old. Yes, I've been to parties, yes I've hosted a party ( had to be 15+yrs ago and yes I still have the items I earned from that party. The items I have, I USE!!! I have food storage items great for leftovers and I have a small marinating container.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter