slo’s MONDAY 5/13 poll - Tire Repair/Replacement

Tire Repair/Replmt - Have u had a flat tire, Was the car towed, Was the tire fixed or replaced (m.c)

• I’ve had a flat tire this year

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • I’ve had a flat tire last year

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I’ve had a flat tire a few years ago

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I’ve had a flat tire longer than 2 years ago

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • I’ve never had a flat tire

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I needed my car towed

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I didn’t need my car towed

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • The tire could be fixed and still used

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • The tire was unfixable and had to be replaced

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
It's been more than 4 years since my last tire repair. I don't have run flats and, if I remember correctly, it was a patch job. My newer car didn't come with a spare and has that inflatable repair kit; it looks simple to use.

All 3 of us have had flat tires in the last year. Husband’s could be patched - had almost new tires. Son’s couldn’t be patched - had new tires and had to buy a new tire. Mine could not be fixed and the tires were the original on my SUV, so we just bought new ones.

I drive a Volt - it does not have a spare. It came with a pump that does not work very well, that has a canister of fix-a-flat integral to the pump, that also does not work very well. LSS - when I get a flat, and I have a couple of times, the car needs to be towed. Annoying is not the word. I don't know if I could even find the jack or if it even came with one.

About 3 years ago I was driving home on an expressway when my car felt funny and I heard a strange noise. I pulled over onto the shoulder and checked and saw that one of my tires went flat. No blowout, just flat.

Fortunately I was less than a mile from my exit and there was a tire store right off the exit. However they didn’t have my size tires in stock so I had to leave my car there overnight. I called DH to pick me up.

And apparently for balance reasons I had to buy two new tires.

Dd hit a curb twice and busted 2 tires within 3 months last year.

This year on spring break, one of the tires not replaced blew out as she was driving on the interstate.

Dh hit a deer in early March. Got the car back from the repair shop and the next day got a nail in a tire on the interstate.

The night before Easter, a car pulled out in front of us and dh could not avoid hitting them. (Their fault) My auto was in the shop for 3 weeks.

Thank God for AAA.

Hopefully, our bad luck has run out

I have had several flats over the years. My cars have all had those smaller “donut” spares. I would change to the spare, and aImost every time the tire could be repaired. Once the damage was either on or too close to the sidewall and couldn’t be repaired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter