Slinkyman's Wishes Come True Trip Report:DAYS 8 & 9 Added post 193 & 194

It makes us feel like you hung out with all of us.

I completely agree. Yavn, you guys are fantastic!
I really do feel like we've all had interaction with you, even if it wasn't direct.

Slink, I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well. I know how it feels to get sick at thr wrong place and time, and it is no fun at all. But I'm SO glad that you had the day you did! Seems like it was a blast, despite being sick.:goodvibes

I have to say, I never really pictured Yavn, but if I would have, I think I would have been right. And Dawg is adorable, exactly how I thought she'd look!

Thanks for sharing your story for all us here. It's an amazing gift you give to us to open your hearts and share in your joy. With all it sounds like you've been through it would seem you would be totally within your rights to hog it all for yourself. But a testament to you is your willingness and time to type up your story for all of us.

The events are well written, and I'm man enough to say I cried little drops of joy a couple times during your narrative. The best part are the pictures and they speak countless words. The happiness on all the faces including Ink and Small. Bug and Bearz. Yavn and Dawg and all the rest. Even sleeping Mr. Bug could be seen dozing with Mouse Ear Dreams.

What a marvelous time you all had and I'm very happy for you! It's very awesome what Yavn, Dawg, Tiki and all the rest of the Disney staff did for you guys. I thank them for you if only for the story I get to read and by which am uplifted and entertained, but mostly because you've really touched peoples' lives!

God bless you all!

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy is increased." - Callahan's Law.

Hi,

Do you know the whole story ChromePirate? He had 3 dreams,

go on a Disney Cruise, go to DLR and and Meet Yavn

Well Make a wish made his cruise a reality, Myself, the Dis community and the VMK staff and Yavn made His dream of meeting them a reality, and His dream of going to DLR I am making a reality next April. Does not get better then that.

After all you must have some dreams you would like to see happen someday-we all do. Dreaming is part of the enjoyment of life and having them happen is part of the excitement of living.
The whole report is not posted yet the cruise part is yet to be posted.
Corny maybe to you but I sure did love living these dreams with Ink.

Thanks Disney, VMK, friends and Dis!

Bug

AWESOMEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Thats All i have to say.. Im So Happy For you guys. And you got an awesome gift, going to disney! Its like VIP! :) this was a TRUELY AMAZING STORY!! My mouth was practically open the whole entire TIME!!! lol. Im jealous ;)

What a wonderful story!! I'm so glad it turned out the way it did for the boys! They both deserved that special time from the sound of things. I'm glad he got 2 of his wishes in one visit to happen! :cool1: Obivously Yavn and Dawg did a wonderful thing by giving that day to you guys and for being so understand about him not feeling well. Nice to see so many good people in the world. I can't wait to read about your cruise!
And very cool that you will make his DL dream come true as well. I hope he will love it here when he comes!

Already reported the post by clicking the red triangle. The DIS staff care for this dream, no reason why they won't delete the post. :)

Do you know the whole story ChromPirate?

Phew... Now I feel safe.

If we want to balance out the whole sentiment, I thought the 3 Dreams were awesome. Congrats to both Yavn/Disney and Bug+co for pulling it off. I'm betting it took an INSANE amount of planning/dealing with customer service to get this done.

I know that sometimes we get stuck in the dreamy-eyed aspect of these trips, but I did want to point out that this was a logistical nightmare.

And from the sounds of it, the trip succeeded. With FLYING COLORS.

Congratulations! :cloud9:

Hi,

Please everyone, please calm down. Ink has informed me that ChromePirate does not like him and this is just a ploy to get us all worked up. Let's let it drop and ignore it. We are better then that to fall into the trap of someone who just wants to cause problems. Time to move on and day 4 is done and day 5 started and I will post both together. Once again happy to share our story with you all that helped get us through our darkest days:)

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Bug

Shh...this is an "unofficial" post...I am posting as myself and not as a part of VMK...

I think that Bug, Ink, Small, and Bearz are extremely lucky to have friends like everyone here. Because of your efforts, something truly amazing happened for Ink and his friends and family. You should all be very proud of yourselves!

It just shows what amazing things can happen when people channel their goodwill into one cause! Just like when Ink raised all that money to buy notebook computers for the hospital, you all did something that everyone involved will never forget. It was special for everyone, whether or not they were there in person when it happened. I know it was truly a special experience for me!

A HUGE thank you to everyone who was responsible for making this happen...the people who wrote, the people who prayed, the people who gave, the people who hosted, the people who are reading, and the people who are posting messages of support.

Bug, you are an amazing individual...and should be very proud of the friendships you have cultivated here at the Disboards and in VMK. This is a prime example of how something like the internet can allow people from all over the world form a sort of "extended family". Even though some of us may never meet in person, we all share something very special...and that is our "brother", Ink.

Thank you...everyone.
TiKi

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress...:happytv:

Sorry everyone... I shouldn't have flipped out like that... :blush:

Shh...this is an "unofficial" post...I am posting as myself and not as a part of VMK...

I think that Bug, Ink, Small, and Bearz are extremely lucky to have friends like everyone here. Because of your efforts, something truly amazing happened for Ink and his friends and family. You should all be very proud of yourselves!

It just shows what amazing things can happen when people channel their goodwill into one cause! Just like when Ink raised all that money to buy notebook computers for the hospital, you all did something that everyone involved will never forget. It was special for everyone, whether or not they were there in person when it happened. I know it was truly a special experience for me!

A HUGE thank you to everyone who was responsible for making this happen...the people who wrote, the people who prayed, the people who gave, the people who hosted, the people who are reading, and the people who are posting messages of support.

Bug, you are an amazing individual...and should be very proud of the friendships you have cultivated here at the Disboards and in VMK. This is a prime example of how something like the internet can allow people from all over the world form a sort of "extended family". Even though some of us may never meet in person, we all share something very special...and that is our "brother", Ink.

Thank you...everyone.
TiKi

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress...:happytv:

TikiT,

I am once again moved beyond words and am sitting here shaking while reading your post. I did so well to hold tears back in WDW but am not doing it well now. You posting here means the WORLD to me. I am very PROUD to be a member of the Dis community and proud to call them my friends. The people here gave me more support then I received from my real family and friends. You see cancer scares many people and scares them away. But not here. Everyone was here for the support I could not get elsewhere and I am forever grateful for that.

As far as the laptops it was merely a way to channel our anguish-make something positive out of something so bad and at the same time be great life learning lessons. Ink could see there were kids far worst off then he was and he wanted to help them. Maybe that is why this all happened to him I don't know- some questions have no answers.

I say thank you so many times and I just don't feel like it is enough. Our life has been changed by everything-Ink's cancer, the support community I have here, The Disney Magic that surrounds us and all the wonderful people that came into our lives. We are truley blessed.

Tiki we were truley blessed to have met you and the boys as well as myself adored the time we spent with you. They speak often and highly of you. Thank you for taking the time to join this thread that will become part of Ink's memory book.( I read it to them and they were beaming ear to ear) You and everyone here are keeping my spirits flying and I love all of you for doing it.

Bug-pass the tissues please

Sorry everyone... I shouldn't have flipped out like that... :blush:

It's Ok I was about too, but I bit my toungue. Many people have dreams, most of them never fulfilled, this young man had THREE. We should all be lucky to have family and friends such as his supporting us in times of need.

Jealousy strikes a deep chord in most.

I look forward to sharing my answered dreams soon!

p.s. I'm one of the lucky ones. I know it. :goodvibes

Day 4 April 21 We Board the Disney Magic

After a short night-we went to be so late we awoke to a bright beautiful morning and the excitement of going on our Disney Cruise. It was a good morning Ink was better!! He had his color back and was very hungry-a great sign. We readied the suitcases and headed to Denny’s across the street from the hotel. Had a great breakfast and I made Ink eat easy as I did not want to overwhelm his system with too much food-that would happen on the ship.

Back to the hotel and then a quick shuttle to the airport. The transfer to the Port went smooth as can be. A quick check-in get rid of the luggage and they had us on a bus in no time. Was a quiet ride on the bus and I took some time to make a few quick phone calls. Poor luvthattink was on the phone with me when the Magic came into sight-she heard all our commotion. Here is the beautiful ship from the bus as we approached:

magic1.jpg

From the minute we entered the terminal the magic was flowing. Because we were on a make a wish trip we were ushered into the concierge line which really made the check in progress go fast. We were giving a boarding number of 2 and told 1 and 2 would be called at the same time and we had only 5 minutes before they started boarding. Here is a great picture of Ink and small and his mom while waiting to be called:

waitingmagic.jpg

If you happen to be wondering about the hat Ink is wearing it is a special hat that Disney gives Wish kids. It has the Genie on the front symbolizing “we have some wishes to grant” and on the back it shows a small white Mickey glove holding a heart with the words Disney Hands. This hat was sent in Ink’s welcome package from Disney with a letter explaining to him that the cast members in the parks and on the ship are trained to recognize this hat as a child who is on their Make a Wish trip. He was to wear it when he was out in public.

Our number was called and we were about to board the Disney Magic. There is nothing like the feeling of hearing you’re named announced as you enter into the grand foyer of the ship. I am sure we were beaming from ear to ear. So here we were on this great ship nice and early. We were off to explore. The first thing I wanted to do was to take the boys up on deck and let them get a good look around. This was their first time on a cruise ship and I wanted then to take it all in. Here are a few of the first things they saw-the pool area with the jumbotron TV, The wonderful speakers that would play the ships horn to the tune of When you wish upon a star( I loved hearing that) and the stack and lastly the cast members pool area.

deck1.jpg

deck2.jpg

deck3.jpg

At this point we were hungry so we decided to go the the inside restaurant-Parrot Cay and have lunch there. On the way we passed a great photo spot so I had the boys stop infront of the large port hole window-there were many of these through out the ship:

boysday1mag.jpg

Parrot Cay is a wonderfully themed colorful restaurant. Bright Caribbean colors and with the theme it gave me the feel of a colorful Tiki Tiki room place to eat. We decided this would be a great place to take the flats out. Now let me explain something about our flats. We of course had the 4 of us. We took Yavn and Dawg flats with us as we saw it fitting that since they made so many dreams come true for us they should be part of our trip. Lily-sweet Lily was so funny before the cruise. She kept joking that she could hide in our suitcase. So one day I asked her about bringing her flat with us. She thought it was a great idea and even posed for her screen shot. So Lily joined us in spirit and flat form:

parflat.jpg

With eating done it was time to head to the room and check it out. We were booked a verandah room and Ink and mom were booked an ocean view room. We gave Ink the honors of opening our door since this was his wish trip-notice the door as we entered it and after ink decorated it:

door.jpg

Our room was great! Once inside there were goodies waiting for the boys. We had ordered them DCL Ball caps. There were also wonderful baskets waiting for them made by other great Diser Shirley-many many thanks Shirley. Here are the boys with the baskets and Smalld’s mom getting into the pirate mood:

boysbaskets.jpg

pirmom.jpg

Our veranda was awesome and the boys and the flats decided to check it out:

balcony.jpg

It was getting time for the muster drill and sorry to Ink but I have to include the life jacket picture:

drill.jpg

It was time for the sail away party. I loved seeing the cast member at the terminal with their white Mickey gloves on waving to us as we left and then nothing but open blue water ahead of us-the adventure had started!

bye.jpg

It was getting time to go to dinner and it was at this time my husband started not feeling well. My instinct told me he was coming down with the bug Ink had the day before. So he opted to skip dinner. The rest of us went off to dinner in Lumieres. Then we went off to our first evening show. I just love Disney shows-they really know how to do it. The Welcome Aboard show was great!

welshow.jpg

After the show we stopped for a picture of the boys in front of the Walt Disney Theater. I love this wall and enjoyed seeing Walt each day when we walked by:

waltboys.jpg

Time to head back to the room and my fears were true-I came back to a very sick husband. Ink had kindly shared. I went to bed that night with him grumbling and me thinking about our next day-port of call Key West.

Day 5 April 22 Port of Call- Key West

Well I awoke to a still sick husband. I will take this opportunity to say he is a big baby when sick. On the day we met Yavn Ink sucked it up and held him self together and took it like a “man”. Well with my husband the world is ending because he is sick-time ceased to exist. Sorry but I had to get out of the room. We were not due into port to around 11 am so Ink and I headed to Lumieres to have breakfast with Smalld and his mom. Well when we got together I found out that Smalld was not doing that great either. He kept saying he was sea sick but I thought he had the “bug” that was sweeping through us. We went to breakfast and Smalld did not eat and did not look well as you can see from this picture-the poor kid:

keybrk.jpg

After breakfast we walked around the deck for a while and watched us pull into port. Key West was not what I was imagining- it was wall to wall buildings:

kewy2.jpg

We relaxed the rest of the morning and since we docked close to lunch we decided we would eat then venture off the ship. I went back to check on husband. He was still in bed saying the world was going to end.

Even though Smalld did not feel great he decided he wanted his feet on solid ground and joined us on shore. Our original plan was to rent an electric car and tour the island. Well with my husband not with me and seeing the congestion of the area we decided to skip that idea. Instead we decided to do the trolley tour and let them drive us around. I am happy we choose that. We toured for about a 1 ½ hours and they brought us back to the dock. Smalld was still under the weather so he and his mom went back on the ship. Ink and I shopped a bit, had an ice cream then headed back to the Magic. Here is a picture of the boys at the port in Key West:

kwship.jpg

By early evening husband and smalld were feeling better so they decided to come to dinner. Tonight we were eating at Animator’s Palate. Those that are not familiar Disney Magic has 3 themed restaurants and you rotate through them a different one each night. The boys were very much looking forward to eating here. This restaurant starts out as all black and white even the cast member’s outfit’s and as the meal progresses the room is painted with colors through Disney Magic.

animpal.jpg

kewy.jpg

With dinner done the next order of business was to see a Key West sunset and I must say we were not disappointed. Was a glorious evening with a magnificent sunset:

sunsetkeyw2.jpg

sunsetkeyw.jpg

We also caught up with Ink’s favorite character on deck and he stopped for a few pictures with us:

goof1.jpg

goof2.jpg

We went to the show that evening and it was a variety show. Well during the show I started to feel not myself. Well take a wild guess as to what is next…….. Yup it was my turn to be ill. I was not happy as in the morning we had our character breakfast scheduled. It was a day at sea tomorrow and I did not want to be sick. We went back to the room was greeted by a cute towel animal and I crashed into bed praying I got better in a hurry…

towela.jpg

To be continued….

Woot Ink looks great and goofy too!!! Oh wait, thats goofy in the middle, my bad SmallD, sorry about that :rolleyes1 ROFL

Glad I had more to read Bug @_@

Oh, and I wanted to mention, that TikiT we all love your pins :)

aww, sailor goofy!!! thanks for the update on the cruise!!! sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!!!!!!!!! so jealous! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter