Slide Mount Swap Complete!!!!!

Just to make sure y'all know. Rachel's paper didn't photograph very well--it is irridesent (sp?) so it changes color as you move it. The one is blue w/purple & green overlay and the other is white w/pink overlay. But, yes it is very sparkly ;) She LOVES bling!!

Just to make sure y'all know. Rachel's paper didn't photograph very well--it is irridesent (sp?) so it changes color as you move it. The one is blue w/purple & green overlay and the other is white w/pink overlay. But, yes it is very sparkly ;) She LOVES bling!!

I could tell...it looked different from regular bling!! They are great! I am so impressed how quickly she works with school and teenage life! Very good!

Just to make sure--specialty paper and embellished 1 way is OK?

Rachel crops as a "reward" to herself for getting homework done ;) She especially loves making swap items so she can post pics & get encouragement from someone other than her mom ;)

Just to make sure--specialty paper and embellished 1 way is OK?

Rachel crops as a "reward" to herself for getting homework done ;) She especially loves making swap items so she can post pics & get encouragement from someone other than her mom ;)

In all of the othrswaps, specialty paper counts as an embellishment. So, as far as I am concerned, adding the 3-d shapes (in Rachel's case) is embellishing it twice. Maybe PN96 can weigh in a bit more on this since she has hosted this swap previously. I think embellishing these more than twice can be overkill. They are small and we don't want to over do it. Thanks for asking before we get too far into it, though!! And, I have seen all of the slide mounts you did for other swaps and they were perfect. So, keep with your instincts! What a great little reward for her! I hope she keeps posting...makes the anticipation so much more to have a preview!!!!

I always forget that specialty paper counts as an embellishment (duh):upsidedow I forget about embossing too. I need to read the embellishment list more often :rotfl:

I agree, I only like a little embellishing on the slide mounts. I'll need to remember to try different stuff this swap :flower3:

Man Rachel, you are a quick worker! I have 2 girls who love sparkle and Bling too. Your slidemounts look great. Keep up the good work!

In all of the othrswaps, specialty paper counts as an embellishment. So, as far as I am concerned, adding the 3-d shapes (in Rachel's case) is embellishing it twice. Maybe PN96 can weigh in a bit more on this since she has hosted this swap previously. I think embellishing these more than twice can be overkill. They are small and we don't want to over do it. Thanks for asking before we get too far into it, though!! And, I have seen all of the slide mounts you did for other swaps and they were perfect. So, keep with your instincts! What a great little reward for her! I hope she keeps posting...makes the anticipation so much more to have a preview!!!!

My feelings are exactly as stated above... too much is over kill.. MDD is perfect!!!

Now to get my act together.. at least today on the bus to the field trip I set goals for completition dates for my groups... now one set needs done tomorrow... ERGH!:headache:

Thanks for all of the kind words. :goodvibes
I just wanted to make sure they were okay. I thought they were, but it's always good to double-check. :upsidedow

Figured out what I'm doing for my groups, starting them tomorrow!

I hope to post my Mickey Slidemounts this afternoon!!! My idea better work!!!!!!
I'm having to keep up with a 16yo!!! OY!

Actually, I just turned 15. ;)

And I only compete with my momma. :goodvibes :rotfl2:

It's true, every swap we're in together is a contest to Rachel AND she usually finishes first :goodvibes That's how we both got so much done in July--she's very competetive w/me ;)

These are my General Disney Group

These are the Mickey Group

These are the Leading Lady Group

These are the Fab 5 Group

Sorry the colors look a little off, camera issues....
all complete, just need to bag, tag and then to PO!

Ok I have 2 of my groups done!!!

Here is my Mickey Group:
100_4267.jpg

Black is Recollections - gemstones
Red is Core'dinations - gemstone
White buttons & gloves are Core'dinations - gemstone

Here is my Princess Group: Belle
100_4265.jpg

Deep Yellow is Core'dination
Embossed w/ swirls

My goal is to get Easter cut tonight and AK... we will see how that goes as DS10 has a big science test tomorrow...if not, they'll be done tomorrow!

Those are all very, very nice :) You ladies have been busy today! I've tried 3 different general Disney prorotypes & I don't like any of them :(

WDWMickey!!
I feel your pain.. I templated 2 General Disney and got so disgusted I said forget it for the night... Science quizzing to DS10 was more exciting! :faint:

Off to finish the last load of laundry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter