Skyliner ??? Probably very basic

PattyCakes808

Believes in impossible things
Hi! Does anyone know if there is a big difference (advantages/disadvantages) to using the skyliner hub at CBR vs Riveria? My family’s staying at CBR and their main focus is being near the skyliner. Not sure if I should advise them to request Jamaica (& thus being closest to the CBR hub) or Aruba (closer to the Riv hub) TIA!

If you are going straight to Epcot and your building is closer to Riv station than CBR's, I would just walk over there to jump on.

Otherwise I would think it's a wash since you have to transfer for everywhere else at the main CBR station. So if going to DHS and they are near Riv station, they would get on and still have to get off at main CBR station to transfer to skyliner for DHS.

I think!

If you are going straight to Epcot and your building is closer to Riv station than CBR's, I would just walk over there to jump on.

Otherwise I would think it's a wash since you have to transfer for everywhere else at the main CBR station. So if going to DHS and they are near Riv station, they would get on and still have to get off at main CBR station to transfer to skyliner for DHS.

I think!
Ahhhh So CBR is like where all the transfers occur. I didn’t realize that. Thanks!

There are three lines, all coming together at CBR.
CBR <-> Pop/AoA
CBR <-> DHS
CBR <-> Riviera <-> Epcot

We stayed at Martinique and almost always used the Riviera station and it worked well for us.

Can you use the Skyliner if you use a Scooter?
Yes. In fact most stations have a HA queue where the gondolas are taken offline to enable people with scooters and wheelchairs to load without having to board or exit a moving vehicle. Once loaded with guests, the gondola leaves the HA spur and joins the regular Skyliner. The exception is at RIV where there is no HA spur because the station is a pass-thru for the CBR <-> Epcot line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter