• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sky Class - Drink package?

DisneyDad64

Mouseketeer
With all of the drink that are available as a part of Sky Class, does the drink package make sense? Can I get the same drink during ‘Happy Hour” in the lounge?

With all of the drink that are available as a part of Sky Class, does the drink package make sense? Can I get the same drink during ‘Happy Hour” in the lounge?
SKY
  • Concierge Service
  • All Day Access to Coastal Kitchen*
  • All Day Access to Gold and Silver Dining** for guests onboard Spectrum of the Seas®
  • Specialty Bottled Water (upon arrival)
  • Complimentary VOOM, The Fastest Internet at Sea
  • Flexible Arrival Boarding & Priority Departure
  • Priority Dining Reservations
  • Reserved seating section in select entertainment venues (reservations required)
  • Suite Lounge Access (complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cocktails each evening)
  • Access to Suite Sun Deck. Sky guests onboard Spectrum of the Seas® have access to The Balcony
  • Royal Caribbean Plush Bathrobes for Use Onboard
  • Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
  • Luxury Bathroom Amenities
  • Lavazza Espresso Coffee Machine
  • * Reservations are required for dinner at Coastal Kitchen (upon availability). Beverages are not included.

r.e. bold-- We cruised Oasis Crown Loft without *Beverage Package* and all was well since DW doesn't do alcohol and I limit mine. IMO, if one enjoys a *Drink In Hand* throughout the Day, then the *Package* would be advisable or pay as you sip.

We now cruise another line where All Drinks are available throughout day and evening on the entire ship so no need for a package plus the additional *Perks* for a lower Cost just adds to the value for money paid.

p.s. - DW will often have
a Double Espresso and an Extra Spicy Bloody Mary or Red Snapper waiting for me at the Top Deck Outside Bar/Grill table where we eat breakfast, instead of the Private Restaurant, because she usually gets there before I do.

Last edited:
@DisneyDad64 you did not share which ship you are sailing. We have done cruises in suites on both the Oasis class and Quantum class, which are the only ships that currently utilize the Royal Suites Class designations, including Sky class. There are some key differences in those two ship classes.

On the Oasis class it will be much easier to forgo the drinks package. As mentioned above the Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen area is on deck 17, and you will have access. The Lounge will be open all day with CK serving breakfast, lunch and dinner service. The basic beer and wine will be available in the lounge on the Oasis class during the day. The bar is full service but without the package during the day the other items will be a charge. There is a happy hour in the evening where liquors and mixed drinks will be available.

On the Quantum class ships the lounge is separate from the Coastal Kitchen. They will still have breakfast in the lounge and snacks, especially at happy hours. The only time you will get drinks in the lounge on a Quantum class ship is during the happy hour. There is not a bar directly connected like on the Oasis class ships so the servers will round and take orders.

If you are interested in drinks only at happy hour and maybe to take to dinner you should be fine. If you are looking for drinks during the day, on Oasis class you are fine as long as you are good with beer and wine. On the Quantum, class if you want to drink outside of the happy hours you should consider the package.

We now cruise another line where All Drinks are available throughout day and evening on the entire ship so no need for a package plus the additional *Perks* for a lower Cost just adds to the value for money paid.

p.s. - DW will often have
a Double Espresso and an Extra Spicy Bloody Mary or Red Snapper waiting for me at the Top Deck Outside Bar/Grill table where we eat breakfast, instead of the Private Restaurant, because she usually gets there before I do.
We have taken about a dozeen MSC YC cruises and have over 500 points on RCL. Can not beat the price and inclusions of YC. Closest comparison would be between sky and star class on RCL but at half the price of a Crown Loft. Thought the YC rooms are closer to Royal JS size. But the YC Top Sail lounge makes up for the smaller cabins. Few years ago YC was a bargain but prices have been creeping up. Still a bargain for what you get.

We still cruise RCL and have a 17 night B2B cruise on Brilliance in a couple weeks. This cruise in a JS cost more than our 14 nights on MSC YC this past June in Europe.

Safe travels and maybe we will cross cruising paths one day.

We have taken about a dozeen MSC YC cruises and have over 500 points on RCL. Can not beat the price and inclusions of YC. Closest comparison would be between sky and star class on RCL but at half the price of a Crown Loft. Thought the YC rooms are closer to Royal JS size. But the YC Top Sail lounge makes up for the smaller cabins. Few years ago YC was a bargain but prices have been creeping up. Still a bargain for what you get.

We still cruise RCL and have a 17 night B2B cruise on Brilliance in a couple weeks. This cruise in a JS cost more than our 14 nights on MSC YC this past June in Europe.

Safe travels and maybe we will cross cruising paths one day.

r.e. bold -- Outstanding :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 and enjoy

Our Crown Loft on Oasis was amazing but can't justify the $$$ when compared to YC. Don't mind less Sq. Ft. when having all the other PERKS with YC. Met a woman who sailed Haven and she felt YC was wonderful and a bargain in comparison. Her next sailing was going to be a STAR Class and she said it had better be WAY BETTER than YC. We have some 4+3 -- B2B coming up and prefer those to the 7 day since we get Diamond Perks for each cruise.

Have Nov. then next June and Oct. set up so far and might add another 2024 or start 2025 booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter