Singles/Solos/Adults Food&Wine 2015 Roll Call!

Hubby and I will be there 10/8-10/19. Staying at fort wilderness. Would love to meet some fun folks to hang out with at food and wine

Hey, our dates are almost identical! Oct 27th-Nov 3rd :D

This will be my 3rd solo trip, so if you have any concerns, feel free to ask! I was nervous my first time too, but (obviously) that feeling didn't last!

Hey, our dates are almost identical! Oct 27th-Nov 3rd :D

This will be my 3rd solo trip, so if you have any concerns, feel free to ask! I was nervous my first time too, but (obviously) that feeling didn't last!

Hah I will probably have soo many questions :) Nerves probably... hopefully...go away once you arrive? Lol... Think I am most nervous about being alone since the parks are huge! Lol... and because some rides aren't single riders! lol... We may have to meet up then since dates are close! Do you have your park days decided?

Hah I will probably have soo many questions :) Nerves probably... hopefully...go away once you arrive? Lol... Think I am most nervous about being alone since the parks are huge! Lol... and because some rides aren't single riders! lol... We may have to meet up then since dates are close! Do you have your park days decided?

I think for me, I was most nervous about eating alone, since it's not something I'd ever done before. I found that I actually enjoyed my Table Service meals MUCH more than the Quick Service, because trying to find a table while holding all my stuff was not fun..plus once I found a free table, I always had families ask to share with me, then proceed to ignore me and make me feel like the stranger at my own table, lol! So now I make a lot of ADRs, and eat QS at off times when they're less crowded.

Once you get on that first ride, I promise your nervousness will disappear! Most of the time, you won't be seated with anyone. I've met some really nice people on rides! There was a thread on here asking what rides are awkward solo, but I can honestly say that I haven't felt awkward on anything, and I've done them all!

I have most of my days planned out (kind of unavoidable with FP+, boo!) but I'm doing a lot of hopping this time, so I'd definitely love to meet up! :)

I think for me, I was most nervous about eating alone, since it's not something I'd ever done before. I found that I actually enjoyed my Table Service meals MUCH more than the Quick Service, because trying to find a table while holding all my stuff was not fun..plus once I found a free table, I always had families ask to share with me, then proceed to ignore me and make me feel like the stranger at my own table, lol! So now I make a lot of ADRs, and eat QS at off times when they're less crowded.

Once you get on that first ride, I promise your nervousness will disappear! Most of the time, you won't be seated with anyone. I've met some really nice people on rides! There was a thread on here asking what rides are awkward solo, but I can honestly say that I haven't felt awkward on anything, and I've done them all!

I have most of my days planned out (kind of unavoidable with FP+, boo!) but I'm doing a lot of hopping this time, so I'd definitely love to meet up! :)

Ahh that stresses me a little less now too actually :) I seem to always get nervous before the trip but way less nervous when i get where I am going when solo! lol.. ah message me the times if you would like! or we could even meet up at the springs if that works too

I just heard from my parents who arrived this afternoon at Fort Wilderness. Sounds like the Brocktoon RV will be in site 105 ... right up near Pioneer Hall. If all goes well I should be flying in and be at the Fort by late morning tomorrow. Current plans look to be:

10/21: lounge around the Fort and Bay Lake after arrival. Hit MK for some FPs in the evening (including Wishes FP)
10/22: Epcot in the morning including 12 PM F&W beverage seminar. Disney Springs in late afternoon / evening
10/23: BOG early lunch and MK in the afternoon. Epcot for Mixology seminar at 6 PM
10/24: Parisian Breakfast @ Epcot in the morning. Afternoon lounging at the Fort with some beers / drinks. Party for The Senses in the Evening
10/25: ??? Not sure as sort of a free roaming day. Dinner at night with the parents at Kona Café
10/26: Plan to pretty much hit up F&W and Epcot all day!
10/27: AK in the morning. Mickey's Halloween at night! Including Hallowishes dessert party
10/28: HS in the morning ... Epcot and F&W after
10/29: Not sure yet ... open / clean-up day
10/30: I'm done ... time to head home

I should have access to a laptop while I'm down, so if anyone thinks they may be near the Fort and wants to stop by for a beer, or if their park plans overlap ... feel free to send me a PM. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up on the DIS and try to post when I arrive tomorrow

Made it 2 days into my trip and then managed to get pretty sick. Felt like a quick moving flu. Friday was a complete wash for me. After eating lunch at BOG, I pretty much had to go back to Fort Wilderness where I slept all day with a fever and chills. Saturday I was good enough to get around and managed to still do the Parisian Breakfast and there was no way I was going to miss the Party for the Senses. Great time at both events although I wish I had a bit more energy as I still didn't feel great

Feeling MUCH better this Sunday morning! Planning to head to Disney Springs for lunch at the Boathouse and probably do the amphicars with the parents. Then maybe back to The Hanger which I hit earlier on Thursday (really fun bar). Since I'm still around til Thursday as long as I feel pretty good healthwise, I think the majority of my trip is salvageable.

Hubby and I will be there in a few weeks! November 9-18th, staying at Pop Century. Would love to have my first Dis meet!

Hubby and I will be there in a few weeks! November 9-18th, staying at Pop Century. Would love to have my first Dis meet!

I am going solo November 8-11th & staying at POP also! I'll be at MVMCP on the 8th & F&W on the 9th & 10th. I'd love to meet up too!! PM me to coordinate!!

Dang, I just got back from 4 days at F&W...totally missed this thread. It was a fantastic time.

trekkie68Sunday. ost: 54631624 said:
At Pop now since Sun

I will be there solo 11/8 - 11/11, staying at POP.

Will be at F&W 11/9 & 11/10. This will be my first F&W Festival & I'm so excited!!!!

If you'll be keeping track of MVMCP, I'll be there 11/8.

I'll be at AS-Movies solo 11/11-11/17, and definitely at F&W 11/12, 11/13, and 11/16.

11/13-11/17 with the Bestie, DM, and her Bestie. OKW. 30th Birthday on Nov 16

I will be at Food and Wine 11-7 thru 11-13 first 2 nights at OKW and the rest at Boardwalk. My DD 28 is running in the 1/2 marathon on 11-7 We were thinking about MVMCP.

Nov 11-19!!!! :)

I'll be there Nov 5-14! Staying at Riverside solo but will be meeting friends during the 10 days there!

Hi! Sorry, haven't been on here in awhile. I bet we could probably arrange that :)

Hey everybody! Arrived this morning and am just now going to bed. Am going to F&W tomorrow, and will be in town until next Monday :)
If anybody would like to meet up in the next week, send me a message and we'll figure something out!

I'll be down 15th-18th heading to Epcot next Monday the 16th for the last day of food and wine if anyone wants to meet for a drink and a ride!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter