Singles Meets on the Ships

Favorite Auntie

<font color=red>8 Disney nieces & nephews!<br><fon
Has anyone ever gone to one of the singles meets things on the Magic? I am single and 30 and everytime I go my family wants me to go to those things, but I am a bit shy and don't want to go alone. Has anyone ever attended one of these lunches or anything??:confused:

I go to every singles' gathering! Even though there are usually only a few people there, I have met some really nice people and it's a great way to get to the know the cruise staff!

Oo! I forgot to list that in my why-I-love-the-Eastern-a-hundred-times-better-than-the-Western reply.... On the Western, because of the whole Key West and loss of day-at-sea thing, there is the singles' gathering the first night and then not again until halfway through the cruise. And the first night doesn't usually attract but a couple people, because folks are tired and such...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the singles' get-togethers again next time. :)

-gina-

Hi Favorite Auntie.

Has anyone ever gone to one of the singles meets things on the Magic?

I was considering it on our first cruise, but "never got around" to it. Add me onto the "Too Shy" list...

I tried to go but when I arrived (few minutes early) at the place I thought it was going to be there was no one else there. Waited around and no one else came not even CM's. Went back to the cabin, check the Navigator and was in the right place. I am going to try it again on the next cruise though in Sept..

Hey disneygal58.

You, shy? I can't imagine.....

Around eligible single women, yes. Once comfortable, no. But ALWAYS a gentleman - a "do as I do" reinforcement for my son...

I met back up with my friends at the first Singles Lunch on the Eastern in March. I had already eaten, so I just joined them. It was alot of fun. DJ Dan hosted ours. I had been to the spa that morning and embarrassed the heck out of myself but I did have alot of fun. Kept running into the other folks and we always said hi. Definitely worth a stop in to say hi.

figment52 the same thing happened to me.

Thank You,

I guess I am not the only "shy" one out there. Thanks for the info, maybe I will try in November!

BD,
Beautifully executed explaination. If you consider changing your ressie to January 3rd, I'll meet you at the Single's luncheon and we can forgo the initial shyness and move directly onto comfortable conversation. Your style - both wit and writing - remind very much of a man I once dated and remain close to all of these years later.
I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day. And congrats on the 1000 post milestone.

Dawn Hope

Hi Dawn Hope.

If you consider changing your ressie to January 3rd, I'll meet you at the Single's luncheon and we can forgo the initial shyness and move directly onto comfortable conversation. Your style - both wit and writing - remind very much of a man I once dated and remain close to all of these years later.

What a nice sentiment to write. Thank you. If I could but look upon your favor this January, how slow the time would pass in this my haunting anticipation. Not a fear to bare explanation, tis the truth of hope and hope of faith so strong which gives me pause to think and smile and wish no-to-maybe-to-yes like a flurry of emotions with everywhere to go.

Hey, not bad - that above. Wish I could add January 3rd. The body and mind are willing, but there is no way the budget will co-operate.

Yes, Fathers' Day was terrific. I'm not really a connoisseur of The Rug Rats movies, but "Buckaroo" enjoyed it and the popcorn (no butter) tasted great. The day before, in pre-celebration, we went to The American Museum of Natural History. An exhibit just opened on the history of CHOCOLATE! We had a private tour of the exhibit which 'Buckaroo" said was "really cool" and then met one of the Godiva chefs for an hour + of chocolate-making fun. Yum yum. Each child had to be with one parent. The kids did most of the work and they all enjoyed licking clean any mistake - whether accidental or on purpose...

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
What a nice sentiment to write. Thank you. If I could but look upon your favor this January, how slow the time would pass in this my haunting anticipation. Not a fear to bare explanation, tis the truth of hope and hope of faith so strong which gives me pause to think and smile and wish no-to-maybe-to-yes like a flurry of emotions with everywhere to go.

*blinks*

BD, would you please have yourself cloned, and send one to Texas? ;)

-gina-

Originally posted by Gina
*blinks*

BD, would you please have yourself cloned, and send one to Texas? ;)

-gina-

There is room for one like you in Michigan too.

BD,
Tis a pity when the body, mind and budget wrestle. Heavy Sigh. I dare suspect that you might find an entourage if you attend during your scheduled voyage...Enjoy,enjoy - with or without me. It is not only parting that inspires such sweet sorrow.

Dawn Hope

Hi Francisca64 here...

Yes, I have thought about the singles meet and I suppose it's going to just take a bit of courage, but remember everyone else there is probably nervous and shy too! :-) I'd like to meet another single mom (or dad) who understands that it would be nice to have someone to chat with at Palo's (can't miss the souffle, can I?) or to drag out on the dance floor while the kiddies are kicking up their heels in their clubs.

But alas, I too am a bit hesitant...will I take my own advice??? :-)

Okay, I have to chime in on this again. :)

I am WAY shy when it comes to stuff like this. Divorce does a number on your self-esteem and self-confidence, and for 5 years now most of the conversations I have had have revolved around Pokemon, or Power Rangers, or Bionicles, or the like. I am left with the social skills of a houseplant, I feel like.

:rolleyes:

That being said, I have had more fun with the singles than I ever expected to have, and the amazing cruise staff is the key. They do an incredible job of getting people to talk to each other without feeling uncomfortable, of dragging you out on the dance floor if you're sitting there looking awfully alone, of just saying hi every time they see you like you are more than passenger #xxx. If it weren't for them, I probably would have just stayed in my stateroom and stared out the porthole, or sat up on deck by myself or something. But they draw you in and make you feel welcome and each year I get to spend a week like I actually have a life. :)

What I'm trying to say is, GO... go the first night, go to lunch the next day, just go and you won't be sorry. You can come back and flame me here if I'm wrong. ;)

-gina-

I agree with Gina,
The cruise staff is awesome. Remembered our names the whole cruise and made sure we were having a wonderful time. Even at the sail away party on Tropicali...nite, they would razz us a bit to get us to join in instead of standing there just enjoying. It was great and I can't wait to go again.

Originally posted by Francisca64
I'd like to meet another single mom (or dad) who understands that it would be nice to have someone to chat with at Palo's (can't miss the souffle, can I?) or to drag out on the dance floor while the kiddies are kicking up their heels in their clubs.
I don't know how many single moms will be on your September cruise, but there will be at least a few of us solo/single/separated or divorced individuals on that one. You won't be alone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter