Single Rider - Hagrid's??

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
I will be doing a couple solo days without my family this October and was wondering if there is a better time to jump in the single rider line for Hagrid's?

I know the single rider line for Hagrid's is really slow moving, but was wondering if there is a good time for the single rider line? Is it open during early entry?

Anyone know if the Single Rider line is open during Early Entry or if there is a best time to use the single rider line?

Anyone know if the Single Rider line is open during Early Entry or if there is a best time to use the single rider line?
I have been told that SR if they open it opens at normal park open time. However, sometimes it opens a little earlier. If I see the person for it at the bottom of the stairs, I will switch lines to SR. I have only done this after entering the normal line after being told SR was closed. It still can save some time if you don’t mind the sidecar.

It is hard to judge. During EE the line moves pretty fast and I have not seen the SR line open. I have had some long SR line waits. Usually now I just pick a time when the regular wait time is down some and get in it instead, then I can be sure of getting the motorbike (much preferred over the sidecar).

Yes, the SR line for Hagrid’s is very hit or miss. We always wait until around noon/1:00 when wait times are typically lower for Hagrid’s then jump in regular line. Just my family’s opinion: we’d much rather wait 60 minutes walking and moving through the queue and taking in all the details of the queue than getting up at the crack of dawn and waiting 45+ minutes in one spot at the turnstiles (and sometimes there’s a delayed start).

SR lines aren’t usually open during EE… maybe towards the end of EE. Typically SR line of Hagrid’s is slow as you already mentioned. When we wait in standby I’ve often noticed SR people taking about the same time as us. We have switched once or twice when they open or reopen the SR line as someone mentioned but otherwise we find standby line is usually more efficient. The SR line may appear short, but it moves painfully slow.

Thanks everyone! I think I'll just ride Velocicoaster during EE an then keep an eye out for wait times during the afternoon for Hagrid's and jump in the regular line when the wait times seem reasonable.

Like @wdwrule , I'd rather be moving semi continuously than being stagnant....

Thanks everyone! I think I'll just ride Velocicoaster during EE an then keep an eye out for wait times during the afternoon for Hagrid's and jump in the regular line when the wait times seem reasonable.

… and Velocicoaster is a great choice during EE. We are usually able to ride it twice with very low waits during that hour (we typically enter the park 15-20 minutes after EE starts).

Just FYI if you allow notifications on your phone you can set a “wait time notification” in the Universal app. I usually set Hagrids for ~45 minutes and it lets me know when posted wait gets there (or less)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter