Simply having a wonderful Christmas Time -12/24-12/31/12 UPDATED 3/4

We had BIG HUGE Plans for our last day. We intend to enter every single park, between the end of our breakfast and before the NYE pre-fireworks at MK.
We had KONA planned, EPCOT (needed to do the WS and Japan), pop over for the parade in Animal Kingdom, run in DHS to say we "did" it (and grab FP for Star Tours one more time) then head to MK to find a spot for the late fire works.
Im tired just thinking about it!

So we get up about 830. Our reservations are for 1015 at Kona. Definatly the most dragging morning we've had. No one wants to move at all. The promise of Kona coffee is what makes DH and I keeping moving feet.

We take the bus to MK and get on the resort monorail, and arrive at the Poly in no time. We check in, and are seated in minutes. First order of business - PRESSED POT PLEASE! Since we are on the DP, the two of us can share it for our drink. OMG. Nectar from heaven.

The girls order hot chocolate. It looks good and they LOVE it. Has a ton of whipped cream on it.

DH and DD11 order the Big Kahuna.

bigkahuna_zpsbe043325.jpg

DD7 says she wants french toast.

I attempted to order the macadamia nut pancakes. However, I am so tired I point to my hubby and say I just want the "pancakes"

I get regular pancakes. I looked at them and asked the waitress about the pineapple and nuts? And she said, oohh you said "just the pancakes"
She's right, I did. I said, oh you are right, I'm sorry. She asks if I want her to fix it and I told her no, that it was my fault, but I felt tears in my eyes.

TEARS????! WhAt the heck! I think it was b/c I was exhausted, but for some reason ordering the wrong pancakes made me cry. :rotfl2:

DH looked at me with that one-eyebrow-raised-who-are-you-what-have-you-done-with-my-wife look, and asked if I was ok. I dried it up and said, yeah. He said, I think we might be a weeee bit overtired (you think?). He cuts his pancakes in half, and so does DD11 and they are moving it to a plate so I can have some (yeah, I love those two). They knew how much I had been looking forward to them, when about that time the waitress shows up with a fresh order of macadamia nut pancakes. and I tear up again!!!

Im such a sap. She says "Sweetie, these are way different, and people should get want they want on vacation" (so yeah, she got a good tip :rotfl2:)
They were as good as I hoped!

mnpancakes_zps53d936d9.jpg

For the record, the plain pancakes are great too. I ate a few bites before I got these.

Kona was a great breakfast. I would book again in a heart beat.

We settled up the bill, and hubby said, ok, that was awesome, and I know we have a lot planned, but I say we all need a nap. With out one complaint from any of his girls, we nodded, and loaded up on the monorail and went back to MK, then to POFQ and were back in bed by noon. :rotfl2: Set an alarm to get up in time to make the parade at AK. We could still pull off our plan for WDW domination, even with this nap.

Or could we?

We settled up the bill, and hubby said, ok, that was awesome, and I know we have a lot planned, but I say we all need a nap. With out one complaint from any of his girls, we nodded, and loaded up on the monorail and went back to MK, then to POFQ and were back in bed by noon. :rotfl2: Set an alarm to get up in time to make the parade at AK. We could still pull off our plan for WDW domination, even with this nap.

Or could we?

We did this one year. I was so ambitious, we were going to spend the day at AK, but right after lunch we were all done. We all agreed to head back to the resort to regroup. No tears or anything, just a lot of angry eyes. ::yes::

Last day of vacation is always the best and the most tired day of the whole trip. :)

Ok what an awesome family... You've donea great job;) And what a great waitress!! I can't wait to hear more about your last day!

We did this one year. I was so ambitious, we were going to spend the day at AK, but right after lunch we were all done. We all agreed to head back to the resort to regroup. No tears or anything, just a lot of angry eyes. ::yes::

Last day of vacation is always the best and the most tired day of the whole trip. :)
HA yeah, angry eyes are just as bad. And everytime someone gets angry eyes, one of us brings up Mrs Potato Head from TS! :rotfl2:

Ok what an awesome family... You've donea great job;) And what a great waitress!! I can't wait to hear more about your last day!
Yep, I think I'll keep 'em. ;)
She was great. I wish I could remember her name. But I was so tired it didnt register at. all.

Love love love Kona. The Kona blend is great. Crap I''m out of it Dh and DD love it to. I need more!!! The food looks so good. Can't wait to see if your plan comes together.

After we got back from Kona we all took a nap. Even the kids fell asleep. Since my children don't nap, I'd say that means we were TIRED! :rotfl2:

We got up abt 230-245 and made our way to AK to catch the Jingle Jungle Parade :cool1:

By the time we got there the good spots were taken, but we saw some taped off area behind a walkway, and set up shop there next to some bushes. The CM was very sweet and told us that we could stay there but that there was a walkway that stayed open. I asked if they kept people moving on it, and she said yes. Our kids were big enough we decided to not worry and hug the bushes there. As it got time to start, a family with two little kids ended up behind us, so we let their little kids stand up by our DDs.

I gave DD11 my DSLR and let her take photos. So these are hers!

668_zps2c42d6ac.jpg

674_zps785ed2f2.jpg

696_zps914abd23.jpg

712_zps8358f413.jpg

717_zpse9dd7194.jpg

740_zpsb6352754.jpg

746_zpsfd3ebfed.jpg

769_zps3883d91a.jpg

774_zps0b251be1.jpg

788_zpsbdcdc740.jpg
These two were funny. They came up to our section and asked if the troublemaker section as causing trouble. :rotfl2:

809_zpsc7b3c2be.jpg

846_zps1b450f23.jpg

This guy was funny. He noticed DD11 standing under the branches of a bush and said: WOW some monkeys hiding in the bushes. Then he came over to our rope and talked to the kids. Made faces and got everyone laughing.

867_zpsfad6519f.jpg

Toward the end of the parade, the CM you can see in the picture with King Louie, came over and whispered to DD7. When I asked what she said, she told me that the CM wanted to see her after the parade. After the parade DD7 went up to her and she gave her a Chip pin because she was the "only kid in her taped area she didnt have to remind to stay behind the tape" DD7 was so HAPPY! She LOVES Chip and thanked her so much.

I thought DD11 did a good job with the photos! Such a cute parade. Worth coming to!

So we talked about riding a ride before we left, and the girls wanted to ride Dinosaur. Standby was 50 mins, and the FP time was for 1.5 hours later, and since our plan was WORLD domination by midnight, we got in standby. (what happened to the park emptying after the parade people??) it didnt happen. Check this out :crowded::crowded::scared1:

876_zps79a6c190.jpg

We rode Dinosaur.
877_zpsd26ea5c7.jpg

It took exactly 50 mins. The ride was cool. Dunno if its "wait 50 mins cool" but none the less, we did it.
Photo0493FourBySix_zpsee18381a.jpg

You can tell we liked it, except DD7. :rotfl2:

From here the girls wanted to ride Triceratops Spin. The wait was less than 10 mins, so we let them.
882_zps27ce42b3.jpg

Decided to hit the road to EPCOT! Remember, we were winging it now...

My carefully laid transportation plan was gone b/c we napped...and I didnt research the best route for our new plan.... ru-roh!

MMMMM, Kona!! Definately a fave for us too!!

I'm curious to see how the rest of your day went and if you were able to accomplish WDW domination :)

SHe did great with the camera. Maybe she needs one for her birthday. ;-) How nice DD7 got a pin for being good she should be proud of herself. Good job.

Ooh I can't wait to see if you guys made the plan or not!!!

Well done to DD7 for getting herself aChip pin and to DD11 for fantastic photography :-)

MMMMM, Kona!! Definately a fave for us too!!

I'm curious to see how the rest of your day went and if you were able to accomplish WDW domination :)
We loved Kona. Hafta wait and see!

SHe did great with the camera. Maybe she needs one for her birthday. ;-) How nice DD7 got a pin for being good she should be proud of herself. Good job.
She just got a point and shoot for Christmas...dunno about a dSLR! lol

Ooh I can't wait to see if you guys made the plan or not!!!

Well done to DD7 for getting herself aChip pin and to DD11 for fantastic photography :-)
You'll find out soon!!

Thank you so much for sharing. Great pictures and the best part is that you all look like you are having a great time.

When I left off, we were leaving AK to head to EPCOT. One of our must do's is Pick a Pearl, in honor of my FIL.

We head out toward the buses, and I realized I have no idea how to get there from here. We stopped and asked a CM the best way to get to EPCOT, and he told us the bus to the TTC. But the line there was at least two buses long, so we decided just to grab the bus to the Contemporary and get on the monorail to EPCOT. Why? b/c the bus was there and had room, and b) why not? Seemed as workable as TTC to monorail.

The bus ride to the Contemporary was the longest bus ride were were on all trip. I mean it was awful. And packed. After what seemed like forever, we got to the Contemporary and made our way to the monorail - to discover that there were a gillion people waiting for the monorail. Like so many you couldn't even get into the waiting area. I had a something isnt right thought - when a monorail pulled up, and then we moved into the waiting area. I wasnt sure of the typical monorail schedule, as we had never waited more than a couple of minutes for one. After about 10 mins, this guy behind us asked the operator what was going on? He told us the resort monorail was down, they had to take a train off the rails and it would be at LEAST 20 more mins before they were running again. Whoops.

By this point it was close to 7, and the fam was pretty hungry. So we bailed on the monorail line and decided to take a bus to DTD to eat at WPE. We had planned to eat there tonight anyway. After another miserably long bus ride we made it to DTD. As an aside - it seemed the Deluxe bus system was way worse than the moderate.

I have since found out that there is a bus directly from AK to EPCOT. Why the CM didnt tell me that I have no idea, and it sure would have been nice to know!!! Would have saved us a lot of time!!! (see, pays to have a full plan and not wing it:rotfl2:)

So we got to WPE and there was a pretty good line, but it didnt take much time to order and get our food.

DD7 got mac and cheese. This stuff was awesome!
Hannahscamerapictures636_zps3e4999d2.jpg

DD11 got Spag and meatballs
Hannahscamerapictures635_zps6cf36555.jpg

DH got Spag bolognese
Hannahscamerapictures637_zps7748d762.jpg

I got the Pesto Pizza (yum!)
Hannahscamerapictures638_zpsc3b9e46b.jpg

We had not given up on our plan of WORLD Domination yet, so everyone had cherry coke :rotfl2:

However, we realized while we were eating there was NO way we'd make EPCOT and get to Japan before 930, considering how crowded WDW transportation was today. I was most bummed about that, b/c we really didnt get to see the WS at all.

So, since it was winging day anyway, we modified the plan and decided to spend our snack credits at Goofy's. DD11 took this while we waited.
Hannahscamerapictures639_zpsde443381.jpg

We spent 11 snack credits and had a whole sack full of treats.

Then we went to the pick a pearl cart in DTD. It wasnt what I wanted to do, but the kids didnt know what they were missing and it was still special for them.

Hannahscamerapictures640_zpsa59243b4.jpg

They picked their oysters and tapped them 3x and said "aloha".

DD11 got a 6.5mm yellow pearl.
888_zps37e500b0.jpg

DD7 got a 7mm blue pearl.
887_zps5a442cac.jpg

Pretty!

Then we took a boat back to POFQ b/c were DONE with buses for now.
Hannahscamerapictures661_zpseab3c1f5.jpg

It was about 945....would we be able to continue our quest or would we crash and burn? EPCOT is already crossed off the list....

Stay tuned!!

Isn't it strange how the CMs don't always know things about WDW? One time we stayed at the Contemporary and I wanted to know when the Lights, Motor, Action show started that day. The CM looked it up on Steve Soars site! Apparently Disney doesn't have a site for that info. Weird. Why the transportation CMs don't have working knowledge about the entire system is beyond me.

On our past trip, my DD and I wanted to go from DHS to AK. It was the last pick-up location in the parking lot. No shade and it's June. Who's planning this stuff? :lmao:

Sorry you didnt get to do Pick A Pearl in Japan :rolleyes2, but at least you were able to do it at DTD.

Blech on the bus situation -- and then the monorail delay too.

Bummer about pick a pearl. At least you were able to go to the cart in DTD!! The only thing I can think is they have a huge influx of seasonal employees who just don't have all the info or that they are overwhelmed. I know sometimes after a day of being asked questions my brain turns to mush!! I love the pearl cages you have- I need to figure something out with my pick a pearl and can't seem to settle on any one thing!

I love the Cinderella Coaches that the pearls were in. I have never done a pick a pearl before. I saw the sign saying the pearls were $15.99. How much were the necklaces? Love that! Dinner looked yummy too! We love WPE.

Isn't it strange how the CMs don't always know things about WDW? One time we stayed at the Contemporary and I wanted to know when the Lights, Motor, Action show started that day. The CM looked it up on Steve Soars site! Apparently Disney doesn't have a site for that info. Weird. Why the transportation CMs don't have working knowledge about the entire system is beyond me.

On our past trip, my DD and I wanted to go from DHS to AK. It was the last pick-up location in the parking lot. No shade and it's June. Who's planning this stuff? :lmao:
I KNOW! It was very odd. I knew I should have checked the DIS over the CM:rotfl2:

Sorry you didnt get to do Pick A Pearl in Japan :rolleyes2, but at least you were able to do it at DTD.

Blech on the bus situation -- and then the monorail delay too.
Yeah - our only terrible transpiration was our last full day. (and, note the wing it day).

Bummer about pick a pearl. At least you were able to go to the cart in DTD!! The only thing I can think is they have a huge influx of seasonal employees who just don't have all the info or that they are overwhelmed. I know sometimes after a day of being asked questions my brain turns to mush!! I love the pearl cages you have- I need to figure something out with my pick a pearl and can't seem to settle on any one thing!

I think you may be right about the seasonal employees. I know office workers are sometimes pulled out and put on park duty during Christmas, so we may have gotten an employee that usually is in an office somewhere with NO idea about buses.

I love the Cinderella Coaches that the pearls were in. I have never done a pick a pearl before. I saw the sign saying the pearls were $15.99. How much were the necklaces? Love that! Dinner looked yummy too! We love WPE.

The necklaces were ...wait for it... $5 on Ebay. I was afraid they'd be cheap, but they are very sturdy. The girls LOVE them. We love WPE too, and DH was glad we finally made it there! :rotfl2:

Awesome deal on the necklaces. Were they made for that purpose?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter