"Simple" scrapbook pages....what does that mean to you?

bigbabyblues

DIS Veteran
Just curious of what others think, and, let's face it, I'm bored!

I've read posts of people saying their pages are simple. I know there is no right or wrong answer, but what does that mean to you? What do you think of when you see "simple pages"?

I'm working on one this evening that I consider simple. I'm using the white album page (CM), one strip of patterned paper down the side, a title I made with the cricut, two pics mounted on colored paper, and three buttons glued down. If I would stay at the table and work on it (instead of working on dinner, using the computer, going in to watch part of the news, etc), it probably would take about 15 minutes start to finish.

Steph

That's about my speed. I usually have 1 or 2 accent patterns, some photos (sometimes matted) a title and then 1 or 2 embellishments (stickers, Cricut cut outs, ribbon etc) I think my style is pretty simple.

I think the more complex is several embellishments, stamping, photos, ribbon etc all on one page.

For me the definition of simple scrapbook pages differs between traditional scrapbooking and digital scrapbooking.

Traditionally it means clean lines and little embellishments. Digitally is means the layouts already done, all I have to do is click, drag, drop.:rotfl2:

Simple (mine):
DSC_0690.jpg

not so simple (not mine):
831A55ABB1394198B28E8A8F6EAD0F16.jpg

Great LOs BAMB!

I'm not one for labor-intensive LO's. They are beautiful, but man oh man, I don't have the patience or the creativity!

bigbabyblues said:
Great LOs BAMB!

I'm not one for labor-intensive LO's. They are beautiful, but man oh man, I don't have the patience or the creativity!

me neither. I saved the one on the bottom from the cricut boards because I thought it was gorgeous (sp?) but honestly it would take me days to do. Then how do you put that in an album with simple pages, all of my pages would have to be fancy. It would take me years to finish a book.

I think "not simple" is where you construct loads of stuff just for the page - complex cutting, painting, glittering etc. Simple for me is - minimal cutting, use what's to hand and if possible swap pieces (because they are "not simple" but because they are ready they are nice and quick;) ). I know its not a race and I should spend time looking through all my stash to find the perfect arrangement of embellies etc., but they're all nice and cosy in bags and noxes so it seems a shame to disturb them:rolleyes1

I scrap simply- I use what I have on hand when my pages look elborate it is generally because I had lots of swap items that went perfecvtly together. I can't imagine spending more than about 30 minutes on a layout- I spends tons more time than that on a swap though. I like my pages being simple because I want them to be about the pictures and story I am telling not about all the other stuff I put on the page. That is not to say I don't use all my fun supplies , just not all on 1 page.

Rebecca

JMHO....

Simple = cardstock (one or two colors), photos, journaling, title, done.

One step up from simple = cardstock (two or three colors), patterned paper (maybe more than one), photos, maybe an embellishment or two (flowers, brads, stickers), journaling, done.

Not so simple = handmade (or cricut made) embellishments, fancy titles, lots of matting (double matting or triple matting), labor intensive embellishments (like a large heart made entirely of brads...:rotfl: ), lots of hand done "doodling" or art, two or three colors of cardstock and two or more patterned papers, photos, journaling, done.

60% of my pages are in the "one step up from simple" category. Another 30% are in the "simple" category and just a mere 10% are in the "not so simple" category.

Some once suggested that if just every 3 to 5 pages of a book was FABULOUS and the rest were just SIMPLE, then the entire book would give the impression of being FABULOUS. I kind of try to remind myself of that as I am working. NOT EVERY PAGE HAS TO BE STUPENDOUS, FABULOUS, and OUTSTANDING. Simple is okay (and quick usually! ;)). And sitting here, reading the DIS for the past 2 hours is just a crazy! Gotta get rolling......P

I'm a very simple scrapbooker. For whatever reason, I buy a ton and a half of embellishments, and yet still somehow manage to use cardstock and patterned paper for 85% of my pages. :confused3

I'm definitely a simple scrapper. To me that means using the plain CM page or a piece of cardstock, pictures, maybe matted but probably not, one or two embellishments, journaling. I learned a rule at a CM crop years ago from another scrapper - kind of like pjilla said - for every 3 or 4 simple pages, throw in one "over the top page" (see Buffy's second picture above for an example of WAY over the top ;)). That works for me and I enjoy it more than trying to make every page super spectacular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter