Simple "Cost of DVC" Calculator

As far as BWV and BCV, they won't defy logic for long. With "Toy Story Land" set to open in 7 months, and "Star Wars Land" set to open in 18 months
that BWV and BCV will skyrocket in price. Those "lands" will be a big draw and a short walk to both resorts.. Let's put it this way-- I don't
think those 2 resorts will be going down at all....
I think you misunderstood the intent of my post. Mathematically speaking, BCV and BWV should be dropping in price as we get close to the end of their lifespan. However, due to events like F&W Festival (and their subsequent year round clones), they are resisting that downward pricing trend because the demand for the resorts is consistently high. As you said, the opening of Toy Story and Star Wars lands will likely increase this demand even more thus keeping prices high despite the mathematical nature of these resorts that suggests that they should be decreasing. So essentially we agree, and you supplied two new data points to support my original theory. :)

That being said, I still believe that the DVC at Caribbean Beach may possibly have an effect on the demand for the Epcot DVC resorts.

I think you misunderstood the intent of my post. Mathematically speaking, BCV and BWV should be dropping in price as we get close to the end of their lifespan. However, due to events like F&W Festival (and their subsequent year round clones), they are resisting that downward pricing trend because the demand for the resorts is consistently high. As you said, the opening of Toy Story and Star Wars lands will likely increase this demand even more thus keeping prices high despite the mathematical nature of these resorts that suggests that they should be decreasing. So essentially we agree, and you supplied two new data points to support my original theory. :)

That being said, I still believe that the DVC at Caribbean Beach may possibly have an effect on the demand for the Epcot DVC resorts.

I would also like to say I think BWV,and BCV will stay high in price even though they only have 25 years left. At maybe 3-7 years left on the contract,
Those will go down in price and of course from years 3 to zero years left they will be worth little to nothing.. BUT, I think for the next 17 years or so
with F/Wine and "possible new lands" later on down the road and the close proximity to BOTH parks will keep the price strong..
As a previous poster said, Location, Location, Location...

And, who knows what will happened in 2042?? No one knows..

As for Rivera Resort, I feel that will be strong as well, but of course it won't expire till 2069... I think that resort will do well..

Just my .02 cents..

I would also like to say I think BWV,and BCV will stay high in price even though they only have 25 years left. At maybe 3-7 years left on the contract,
Those will go down in price and of course from years 3 to zero years left they will be worth little to nothing.. BUT, I think for the next 17 years or so
with F/Wine and "possible new lands" later on down the road and the close proximity to BOTH parks will keep the price strong..
As a previous poster said, Location, Location, Location...

And, who knows what will happened in 2042?? No one knows..

As for Rivera Resort, I feel that will be strong as well, but of course it won't expire till 2069... I think that resort will do well..

Just my .02 cents..

My .02 cents is that Rivera will be like SSR. People will buy to get into the system, intending to stay somewhere else. Disney will make the points per night too high to make it attractive when you could book BWV/BCV which are closer to the Studios and Epcot, turning into a distant third choice over those two resorts. And it will lack the charm of a cohesive theme because Disney has decided that isn't that important any longer. It will be a high rise hotel, whose hook is the skyway. And that skyway won't have sufficient appeal.

My .02 cents is that Rivera will be like SSR. People will buy to get into the system, intending to stay somewhere else. Disney will make the points per night too high to make it attractive when you could book BWV/BCV which are closer to the Studios and Epcot, turning into a distant third choice over those two resorts. And it will lack the charm of a cohesive theme because Disney has decided that isn't that important any longer. It will be a high rise hotel, whose hook is the skyway. And that skyway won't have sufficient appeal.
Ah ... I hope you are wrong ... but, fwiw, your $0.02 matches my suspicions except for the part in bold. I'm guessing the point-per-night may be just a little above SSR but far less than BLT or the Grand Floridian.

Edited: Hmmm ... I think the skyway will be a reasonable hook. Just enough to nudge Riviera ahead of SSR in popularity.

Last edited:

I think it will be very popular. It's supposed to have an upscale, regal theme (Grand Floridian esque?) and a good pool with a lazy river (SAB 2.0?)

It's 8 floors, so I guess you could say "highrise" but Boardwalk is 6 floors so it's really just two more.

The theme might not appeal to kids, but with F&W and Star Wars land geared more towards adults I think it'll be a top choice. I agree the point cost per night will be higher than BWV/BCV, though.

I’m curious about where you heard this?

I think it was one of the wdwmagic sources, so it hasn’t been officially announced and could be wrong or plans could change. I doubt Disney will give any updates on Riviera while they are trying to sell CCV.

I think it was one of the wdwmagic sources, so it hasn’t been officially announced and could be wrong or plans could change. I doubt Disney will give any updates on Riviera while they are trying to sell CCV.

I just knew I hadn’t seen anything on the News/Rumors thread and I thought maybe I missed something...It would be awesome if that’s the case!!!

Ah ... I hope you are wrong ... but, fwiw, your $0.02 matches my suspicions except for the part in bold. I'm guessing the point-per-night may be just a little above SSR but far less than BLT or the Grand Floridian.

Edited: Hmmm ... I think the skyway will be a reasonable hook. Just enough to nudge Riviera ahead of SSR in popularity.

That's still too high to compete with BWV and BCV. It may be more popular than SSR (frankly, what wouldn't - its a huge resort whose hook is Downtown Disney), but it isn't going to be a "strong" resort, unless it has an OKW point scale with the skyway.

As to a lazy river, upscale resort - we've heard that one before - most notably that was going to be the SSR hook. A few times. I'll believe that when I see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter