Silly question for Mr. Landbaron.

Okay, my idea:

Put Eisner in one of those dunk tanks like they have at school carnivals and charge $5 a throw.

You'd collect millions just from the stockholders alone. I'd cash in my now worthless 401(k) for the chance.

Originally posted by clarkgriswold
Who cares baout the hours, minutes, days, night or whatever specific things are open and going on. It's Disney World. There's no way anyone can convince me there aren't a GREAT many options for fun that have nothing to do with park hours.

I can only speak for myself, but when I plan a Walt Disney World vacation, it's not so that I can go shopping, or clubbing, or parasailing, or swimming, or even golfing. I can do most of that at home, for significantly less money.

I go because I want to go to the parks.

I am paying the SAME admission that people during peak season pay, but I am getting substantially less. I said it before in a different forum, but I'll say it again here. If EVERYBODY was just about rides and attractions, there wouldn't be people who believe Animal Kingdom is a full day park!

I can understand the need to cut hours. (That doesn't mean I agree with it, I just understand it) But one late night a week OTHER than Saturday in the off-season would be nice. Even if it WERE an E-Ride night, and I had to pay for it.

Originally posted by SnackyStacky

I am paying the SAME admission that people during peak season pay, but I am getting substantially less. I said it before in a different forum, but I'll say it again here. If EVERYBODY was just about rides and attractions, there wouldn't be people who believe Animal Kingdom is a full day park!

The offseason hour for the years we go have always been shorter. Also the crowds are less. We have always paid the same and were able to accomplish all that we wanted to.

I think cost vs hours isn't the key. I think it's cost vs crowds vs hours.

Originally posted by Eeyore2U
The offseason hour for the years we go have always been shorter. We have always paid the same and were able to accomplish all that we wanted to.

If EVERYBODY was just about rides and attractions, there wouldn't be people who believe Animal Kingdom is a full day park!

If you'll re-read my post, you'll find the above statement. I can do all the rides and attractions that I want to do. But I don't get to see the Magic Kingdom at night. I don't get to see the MK fireworks, and I don't get to see Spectromagic.

I can only go in the off season, and I usually am not able to be in Disney World on Saturdays.

But my main beef isn't even with the fireworks and the parade. It's with the fact that I don't get to see the castle lit. Nor do I get to see Main Street twinkle. Besides, I also said:

I can understand the need to cut hours. (That doesn't mean I agree with it, I just understand it) But one late night a week OTHER than Saturday in the off-season would be nice. Even if it WERE an E-Ride night, and I had to pay for it.

Not to mention, that E-Ride nights were originally created to solve just the problem that I have. They were originally off-season perks to allow guests to see the Magic Kingdom at night. NOW, they're only for the peak season, which already has evening hours! I'm not saying to cut the summer E-Nights, I'm simply saying to bring them back to the off-season, for which they were designed!

So, maybe you are able to accomplish everything you'd like to, but I'm not because Disney has cut my opportunities to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter