Shuttle or drive into Sequoia NP?

Keyser

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever done the shuttle into Sequoia NP (sequoiashuttle.com - it's linked to from the park webpage)? It looks like it picks up in Visalia in the morning, and returns in the afternoon. Our other option is driving the car in. I guess the questions I have are:

- Do we miss much on the drive in by riding a shuttle? On one hand, we can't pull off at scenic overlooks (are there any?). On the other, I could actually look out the window, instead of at the road worried about driving off the edge.

- What will we miss by not having a car once we're in the park? Is driving thrugh the fallen tree no longer an option, or does a bus go there? It seems the cavern might also not be an option without a car (or would it likely sell out even if we did have one?).

- If we had our own car, an option would be to go in the park on one side and out the other - we miss that option with a shuttle. But, is there really that much more to see (e.g. by exting to the North)?

- Our main goal was to see some of the large sequoias esp. the General Sherman tree, see some interesting scenery, probably spend some time in the museum, and maybe do a hike in Crescent Valley or Moro rock. We have a 4 year old, so we can't do anything too long or strenuous (would that mean Moro rock is out? I would worry about going on something like that with our 4 year old, anyway). Any guesses as to how long we would want to allow in the park?

- Also, it looks like construction will be blocking the road in and out, with it opening only once an hour on the day we're there. Would we be more likely to avoid delays (since the shuttle drivers know what they're doing) with the shuttle?

Thanks for any help - the boards have really been a big help to us already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter