shrub-Spiraea

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Spiraea-These are dense thicket shrubs, they range in heights of 20 inches to 6 feet. It's best to choose a variety that fits into your landscaping. The spring flowering tend to be white, while those that bloom later tend to be pink to red.

One of the spring variety called bridal wreath has arching stems. I have read not to prune spring-flowering spiraea. I do not grow any of the spring flowering varieties, so I would assume you would be taking off next years blooms. I do think eventually they would need a pruning.

The summer flowering bushes are quite pretty when in bloom they are covered with tiny blossoms. Some are compact bushes, but all the summer flowering varieties can be controlled.

When finished flowering I cut mine back to a 1 foot ball. It is not very pretty when first cut-back, but soon it turns green. This cutting keeps the shrub fairly small and compact and also under control. I know next year the shrub will be covered in blooms.

Spiraea likes sun to semi-shade and ordinary soil.

Spiraea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter