Shower caps?

Cfinan

Earning My Ears
Are shower caps being provided at DVC resorts these days? SSR specifically. Thanks!

I got one in a normal grand Floridian room, but not in a DVC grand Floridian room!

Paid for by Disney Parks & Resorts Division, specifically the Grand Floridian Resort budget.

I’m not a VGF owner, but I’m happy that my BWV dues don’t pay for shower caps at BWV. I bring my own.
I don’t use them - paid for by Disney parks or anyone else! Honestly thought it was odd to find one in our grand Floridian room in November.

There is usually only lotion and bars of soap in the DVC bathrooms. Some of the villas still give the individual shampoo, body washes and conditioners but those are more rare as most have been replaced with the refillable soap stations in the showers.

1707190209864.jpeg
These were the extra toiletry amenities in our VGF resort studio in December. First time I’ve had a shower cap and mouthwash provided. They used to give the sun gel at VGF but it had stopped a while back, so it was a nice surprise.

We stayed at a CCV cabin in January and got even more stuff, toothbrushes with toothpaste and a shaving kit, no sun gel though.
1707190505946.jpeg

There is usually only lotion and bars of soap in the DVC bathrooms. Some of the villas still give the individual shampoo, body washes and conditioners but those are more rare as most have been replaced with the refillable soap stations in the showers.

View attachment 831875
These were the extra toiletry amenities in our VGF resort studio in December. First time I’ve had a shower cap and mouthwash provided. They used to give the sun gel at VGF but it had stopped a while back, so it was a nice surprise.

We stayed at a CCV cabin in January and got even more stuff, toothbrushes with toothpaste and a shaving kit, no sun gel though.
View attachment 831876
Hmm, interesting! I wonder whether these added amenities will extend to other DVC villas or is special to Resort Studios because they’re basically GF resort rooms (or the housekeeper didn’t know the difference) and to CCV Cabins because of their higher points cost? Do Poly bungalows get the items that were in the CCV Cabin?

Hmm, interesting! I wonder whether these added amenities will extend to other DVC villas or is special to Resort Studios because they’re basically GF resort rooms (or the housekeeper didn’t know the difference) and to CCV Cabins because of their higher points cost? Do Poly bungalows get the items that were in the CCV Cabin?
I haven’t stayed in a bungalow yet and the cabin for me wins hands down. I was really surprised that they gave so many amenities and they were in the Disney packaging.

I use shower caps on vacation, so I notice when they're there and when they're not. We had them in a Grand Cal studio last summer, but never in the WDW studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter