Shower Caddy?

Sallieanne

Mouseketeer
I read on these boards, a while back, about someone who bought a mesh shower caddy that enabled you to access each product without having to remove it from it's "pouch"? Does anyone out there know what I'm going on about? It sounds ideal for the small bathrooms on the DCL.
Please can someone help?

Sallie

I don't remember seeing it on the boards, but I think I've seen something like that at Target or Bed,Bath and Beyond. At least I've bumped up your question.

Thanks for the "bump" but it was definitely on these boards as these are the only boards I gather info from.
I'm almost certain it was a man who wrote about it & I think he was responding to someone elses packing tips?
It's frustrating the hell outta me & I've wasted many hours trying to search through past threads!!!:(

However, Thanks for replying I really appreciate the info, but I have been into most of the US store websites trying to find this little treasure - I think I'm going to make my own!!!!

Sallie

I read somewhere, I think here, where someone bought a plastic shoe organizer and hung it on the back of the door. That's where they put their bathroom things! I think I will try it too!!

I'm a notorious overpacker, and I've never needed anything like that. That corner "tower" in the split bath is more than enough, and my "war paint" stays on the desk/vanity.:p

Thanks for your replies but you still don't get what I'm after!
Picture a mesh bag with individual sections - the bag has a drawstring that hangs over the shower nozzle & each product is placed inverted into its own section. When 4 of you are showering, using different shampoos & bodywash (fussy lot!) it would be super easy/lazy to just squeeze your fav out - you don't even have to remove it from the caddy!!!

The shoe caddy is one of the best ideas for storing bathroom stuff - I have already tried & tested this one!!

I realize it's not the end of the world but us obsessive planners like to explore EVERY timesaving spacesaving gadgets available (LOL)

Thanks again
Sallie

Sallieanne, you are not losing your mind. I read the same thing here about two weeks ago. I have also looked everywhere! He said it hung from the shower head and you could put the bottles in upside down, so all you had to do was squeeze!

I'm gonna try Bed Bath & Beyond today. I'll let you know if I have any luck.:crazy:

Sallieanne: I have also seen that on these boards somewhere. I have looked all over this town for that mesh thing to hang in the shower to no avail. I kinda gave up though, guess I will just use two of the over the door shoe things and put one on the inside and one on the outside of the door. I found those at Big lots for cheap cheap.:D

Just a warning--putting a shoe caddy on the outside of the door did not work in our experience (putting one on the inside of the bathroom door was heavenly. Putting it on the outside extended into the hallway which was just too narrow to handle it--also, it interfered with the door handle on the outside in a way that it did not on the inside for some reason).

brerrabbit70: I'm so glad you also read it - I was just beginning to doubt myself - The latest is, I've done a little thinking (ouch) & I've had a brainwave - I'm going to buy a couple of packs of the smallest size laundry bags (those mesh ones that stop tights, or pantyhose in US speak, running/snagging) & transform them into my very own version of the "mystery shower caddy":smooth:

In the meantime, if you do find it, I will probably still buy one so keep me posted.

Sal

DoctorP: Thanks for the heads up about the shoe thing being in the way. Bumping into it and all, interference etc. We have never done this before, so all advice helps.

Sallieanne: that is a great idea with the mesh laundry bags, converting to the mystery shampoo holder. I have a couple of those around the house. Maybe I will experiment a bit

:D

PenskeSth1: Thanks for replies - maybe we could have a "show & share" of our efforts - or maybe NOT (my sewing box is full of velcro & wundaweb LOL)
Sal

Sal,
My sewing machine is covered in DUST!! LOL
This could take a while

I googled mesh shower caddy and came up with - perhaps what you are looking for - not too expensive.

I don't know if I can post links to commercial sites or not - so just go to google.com, type in the words -- mesh shower caddy -- and lots of them popped up! All seemed to run about $8.99.

Tesabat: THAT's solved it, Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou! It's strange but I did the google search weeks ago & didn't get those sights - Unfortunately, the one I'm after is from supersavers & they don't sell to the UK!! (I even asked if I could paypal & get it sent to my hotel in Florida to no avail) But at least I have a picture to go on when I adapt my own version!!:)

Many thanks to you all

Sal x

Tesabat: THAT's solved it, Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou! It's strange but I did the google search weeks ago & didn't get those sights - Unfortunately, the one I'm after is from supersavers & they don't sell to the UK!! (I even asked if I could paypal & get it sent to my hotel in Florida to no avail) But at least I have a picture to go on when I adapt my own version!!:)

Many thanks to you all

Sal x

Those mesh shower caddys look like a great idea for traveling because there's never enough space in the shower/tub for everything. They look like they have 3 hooks that would hang over the shower curtain rings. Has anyone used these on the Disney ships? I know that Disney has bathtubs so I'm guessing the shower curtains are standard and it would work. On other cruise lines the showers are so tiny that even if they have 3 rings, you need to slide them over to get out. (I exagerate a little, but not much).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter