Should I make an arrival day ADR?

mom of 3G's

DIS Veteran
We are scheduled to depart at 6 a.m. and arrive at MCO at 1:30 on Saturday, Dec. 4th and we will be using ME. My question is would you make an ADR for that day in a park or would you stay out of the parks and just relax at the resort. We are staying at GF so it would be easy to hop on the monorail and get to MK for a bite to eat, but do I really want to do that and get the kids tired on the first day? Maybe I should just book an ADR at The Grand Floridian Cafe and get to bed early to start our vacation out with rested kids.

We're going through the same thing. We'll likely be getting up around 6 for our 9:00 AM flight. On the day we get down, MK closes at 6:30, and EP at 9.

Originally, I had 1900 PF for the first night, but that would only leave about 3-4 hours in MK (we should be in the park by 2). Now, we're considering going to MK for a few hours, and then hopping to EP for Coral Reef on the first night (just got a 6:20).

I don't know if your family is interested in the characters at 1900 PF, but you may want to consider an early dinner there the first night. That way, the kids still have some Disney time, and you can still go to bed early and be ready to go early the next day.

We always get an ADR for our check-in day. Chef Mickey is our tradition. 1900 also has a fun character meal. I think that is a nice way to immerse yourself in Disney on the first day without going to the park.

I was planning on doing an arrival day ADR, but we arrive the last weekend of F&W, so we'll just snack or CS in World Showcase in Epcot that evening. Hoping to get an afternoon nap for the kids after an early flight....

I agree with PP that a dinner would be fun...close by are 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's, Ohanas or Whispering Canyon Cafe. You may be able to even attend Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness (depending on day of the week).

I would just keep the dinner hour early and head to bed afterwards.

Have a magical trip!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter