• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I cancel my Disney World Trip?

Oh and also if I decide to cancel I will be out 1500 because I rented through a timeshare owner at club wyndham. I guess cause could always forfeit the disney tickets and the family just hang out there, but I don't even know if I'd get reimbursed for that, I did it through someone and not sure

Oh and also if I decide to cancel I will be out 1500 because I rented through a timeshare owner at club wyndham. I guess cause could always forfeit the disney tickets and the family just hang out there, but I don't even know if I'd get reimbursed for that, I did it through someone and not sure
Unless they are promotional or special discount tickets (through employer, military, etc. (I don't know the terms, so can't address), unused tickets will retain their value even if expired. You can use them toward the purchase of new Disney tickets at a later date. The ticket thread has more complete info

We are debating the same thing. Not pregnant but neither of our under 12 year old kids have had covid before.

I’m so unhappy about it. A month ago everything seemed totally fine.
That’s what happened to us. I booked when they announced HEA was returning, then in just a few short weeks everything changed. We’re vaccinated, but my 9 yr old grandson is not. One of my daughters has had Covid, so we know it’s a real risk. We’ve developed a 4 pt system for moving thru the parks. One person leads, then 1 person on each side of him and another behind him creates a little bubble of space for him.

We’ve refined it knowing just how much of a gap we can make between us all where people won’t crowd into him. Sounds complicated, but after the first day it came naturally to us and works pretty well. We all wear masks all the time unless we are in a very uncrowded area. We’ve done no indoor dining and few enclosed attractions until they started the new mask policy.

I still worry that we’ve exposed him, but we’ve been vigilant and hopefully I worry for nothing. We’ll get tested the day after we get home, then test again a week later. If I had known when I booked what conditions would be like, I wouldn’t have. We won’t be returning until things have settled down and Disney is fully up to speed again.

We have a Disneyland trip booked for October and we’re praying the vaccine is available for him by then. If not, I’m not sure I want the stress of worrying him again. It’s just not worth the risk.

I wouldn’t be concerned about Covid with your medical histories, but WDW sounds like an absolutely madhouse right now and no way would I want to be there as a pregnant woman with a 2 yr old in this heat wearing masks. Uh-uh, no way. Go and relax at the condo and go to LegoLand or something small like that.

Since you decided to go, just wondering how it was. I am debating going in September with my family. One of my kids had it; the other has not and is too young to get vaccinated. DH and I are vaccinated, but I caught Covid even though I was vaccinated. It was awful.

The choice is yours ultimately and you should do what you think is right.

Personal opinion- I would cancel and reschedule for another time.

It's not going to be easier with a newborn.

I think you will be fine going if your two year old is ok wearing a mask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter