• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I book the 50th tour (aka From Imagination to Celebration)

stampinshauna

Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise L
My DH and I are going to DL in August for a couple days before his business trip. We've been there a few times together and will also spend a few more days there this year (thanks to our AP's).

Anyway, we've been thinking about taking the 50th tour because I've read that it is pretty cool. I called today to book it for August 4th and they said that there is only one group and it starts at 2pm. I had previously heard that there were 4 groups, one of which got preferred seating for the parade and another for the fireworks. We'd love to do the tour if we get good seats for the fireworks, but we've seen the parade and don't really care to get seating for it. The cast member told me that the preferred seating depends on the day and the crowds and other factors, so we'd have to book without knowing what we'll get. She said that we go on the tour and then would get a voucher or something like that for the preferred seating.

So, is it worth it to do the tour? We'd love to do something different and don't mind spending a little extra if it is worth it.

Shauna

We did the tour back in May 2005 and just loved it. I can't comment about the 2 pm tour because we did the 10 am tour and we got an extra attraction rather than the preferred seating. My Mom and I were the only ones booked for the 10 am tour so we ended up getting our very own VIP tour of Disneyland. It was very cool...especially since this was our first trip to Disneyland. Our tour guide was even able to personalize our tour for us...like when we mentioned we weren't fans of Splash Mountain...she took us to the Haunted Mansion instead (which we LOVE) and told us all the history behind it.

I really like the tour and would take it again in a heartbeat. I would highly recommend it.

When we took the tour (last year), they took you on 4 of the 5 attractions and at the end of the tour you got preferred seating for either the parade or fireworks (we had fireworks) There was no voucher for the seating, it was just the end of the tour. I would think in August it would be peak time and they would be running more than one tour a day. I would call back and double check.

I'm with you stampinshauna-- preferred viewing of the fireworks is worth so much more that preferred viewing of the parade IMO. I have not been on the tour, but was considering booking it largely for the fireworks preferred viewing and would personally pass if I were not given that option. I did get to sit in the preferred viewing for the fireworks once before, and thought it was very cool! You don't get a good viewing of the images on the castle (at least for my eyes), but it's a great viewing for all other aspects of the show.

My niece and i took the tour in June of 2005 and were lucky enough to be the only ones and got our own private tour. We loved it and did the extra attraction instead of preferred seating. I have told lots of people about it and encouraged them to look into it. I also loved the Fantasmic seating with all you can eat dessert and we actually got to sit in chairs rather than the hard ground for hours. We were in the seating area down near Haunted Mansion and can't wait to do it again. If you have never done the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour you should look into that as well. Can you tell I'm a tour junky? :yay:

Does anyone know if this tour will be extended beyond the end date of the 50th Celebration. We're visiting DL 3 weeks after the end of the 50th (arugh bad timing!!), but would love to do this tour.
Thanks!

I see it's not on the list of tours on the Disneyland sight so give them a call and ask about it. Disneyland® Resort Guest Information at (714) 781-7290

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter