She got cut off!!

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Watching one of my You Tube vloggers tonight at the party in the MK. She was trying to get in line about a quarter till 12 to see Pooh, and then a different character but got cut off both times!!
They told her something about the princess had to be back in the castle by midnight. She was not pleased and was surprised that it happened. Saying that this never happened before at a party she attended and she was entitled to party offerings till midnight, which is correct.

So is it starting to happen? Is Disney starting to snatch back what you paid for and skim off of the top that way? Could it trickle down to regular park nights soon?

Sat, Nov 11 (which is the date I believe you are speaking of) was not a party day in the MK. It was a regular MK date, open to all guests from 9:00AM until midnight. My cousin was there and I know they only had regular tickets and were there well into the evening. I also checked the park hours myself yesterday when I knew they were there.

And, yes, even at parties some of the character lines close before the end of the party. I believe during MNSSHP the Seven Dwarfs line closed possibly 1 hour before the party ended.

Attraction lines can be joined until 1 min before park close but I’m not sure that same policy is in place for characters.

I can’t look now as the park is closed but I would recommend checking the app tomorrow to see what hours are posted in the app for the princesses. Does it list that they meet until park close or, do they close at an earlier time?

My guess is that the line prior to the cut off point was what would go up until midnight. Characters have a harder stop than rides. While rides you can generally get in line up to closing, character lines could close sooner if they are busy.

Best rule is if a character is important to you, go to them first and don't wait until the end of the day or party.

Yup regular night last night. We were there. Watched the later night taping at the castle. Open till midnight. Was pretty fun.

Yes, it’s starting to happen, Disney is now clawing back time to be monetized, but that’s not all …

I was there last weekend and I smiled too much while I was there. I will be there again after Thanksgiving and I expect more of the same - I can only assume it’s a nefarious plot to remind me of an upcoming dental cleaning.

I don’t believe Character lines have ever had the same rules as ride lines.

We‘ve been unable to join Character lines towards the end of the night and seen plenty of people turned away over the years. It’s especially noticeable on party nights at the outdoor queues. This has always been our experience, so no big deal.

Watching one of my You Tube vloggers tonight at the party in the MK. She was trying to get in line about a quarter till 12 to see Pooh, and then a different character but got cut off both times!!
They told her something about the princess had to be back in the castle by midnight. She was not pleased and was surprised that it happened. Saying that this never happened before at a party she attended and she was entitled to party offerings till midnight, which is correct.

So is it starting to happen? Is Disney starting to snatch back what you paid for and skim off of the top that way? Could it trickle down to regular park nights soon?
This is normal for character lines to close before the party is over.

I thought they usually cut off character lines by putting a CM at the end to tell people the line was closed. Is that what happened to her? If so, totally normal.

Saying that this never happened before at a party she attended and she was entitled to party offerings till midnight.
If you’re watching that blogger to learn things about the parks stop. Getting in line for characters early in the evening because they close earlier than the park is Parties 101. It’s covered multiple times in every party thread here on the DIS.

I am howling at the idea she is “entitled” to anything. She is technically entitled to nothing, not even a refund if Disney so chooses. Fine print matters and here is the Xmas party’s right on the website prior to ticket purchasing “Tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable and may not be resold… All attractions, experiences, entertainment and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice”.

No I dont do characters. Just caught my attention as I have read that's not the way it works with rides. Interesting.

No I dont do characters. Just caught my attention as I have read that's not the way it works with rides. Interesting.
You don’t do characters, but amplified what a a YouTuber characterized as a negative experience on character meets and went further to posit that Disney was doing this (intentionally) to “snatch back and skim off the top” of party and regular experiences …

You don’t do characters, but amplified what a a YouTuber characterized as a negative experience on character meets and went further to posit that Disney was doing this (intentionally) to “snatch back and skim off the top” of party and regular experiences …
Yes. The reason it got my attention and interest so well was the fact that I was wondering if they would start doing such with the rides. I have read, for the most part, that is does not work like this for those, quite the opposite. It wouldn't shock me at all if Disney did start the practice with rides, but just wanting to be prepared for such come January.

Yes. The reason it got my attention and interest so well was the fact that I was wondering if they would start doing such with the rides. I have read, for the most part, that is does not work like this for those, quite the opposite. It wouldn't shock me at all if Disney did start the practice with rides, but just wanting to be prepared for such come January.
Ok, so a YouTuber posted something on what they perceived as a negative character meet experience stopping earlier than they understood, and you are now extrapolating it to suggest that Disney may start using this unrelated practice and apply it to when they shut down ride access before the park closing time.

I love to watch Youtube videos and read boards but have learned to take it all with a grain of salt. What might or might not happen to one isn't always what is going to happen to you. Even the "rule" that if you are in a line 1 minute before park closes you will get to ride the ride isn't always true. A few years ago I went to get into a line for FoP at about 10 min. before park close. There was no one in front of me but could possibly have been people inside the building. I was turned away and told the ride was closed for the night. The stand by sign was still lit and they did not say the ride was down. No big deal as I'm not a huge fan of the ride was just thinking what the heck why not. I politely said o.k., thanks, smiled and went about my evening. Didn't ruin a single thing.

Ok, so a YouTuber posted something on what they perceived as a negative character meet experience stopping earlier than they understood, and you are now extrapolating it to suggest that Disney may start using this unrelated practice and apply it to when they shut down ride access before the park closing time.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wouldn't put it past them at some point. I don't put anything past them now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter