"sharing"seats with those in front/behind

smidgy

dimples
the way they cram us all in, the seats are SET UP to be MULTI PURPOSE. in other words, the person behind me is going to be using the tray on the back of "my" seat. and using the pouch , that is also on the back of "my" seat".

even though it is on the back of "my" seat, for all intents and purposes, anything on the back of "my" seat is there for the use of the person behind me.

and the person in front of me is probably going to be reclining their seat, and/or shifting around a bit during the flight.

on the way to calif. from chicago, the guy behind me was miffed cause I shifted back and forth a few times, trying to sleep. and then the pilot siad we were flying over the Grand canyon, and I jerked up to look and the guy behind be swore and got al kinds of pissed off cause it jiggeld his I pad or tablet or whatever.
ok, so I should be real careful, incase the person behind me wants the tray to be still
sorry, I am NOT a morning person. I will shift back and forth a bit.

but on the ride home.. just the opposite..I pulled out the magazine to see the menu for the drinks, .. put it back, pulled it out again to see the crossword..oops... someone workde it already. .. put it back and took out hubby's . then put my mag. back. eventually put my book in the pouch.

now.. the guy in front and to the left is telling me to stop jiggling his wife's seat. !!!:rotfl: well how else am I going to use the pouch that is there for my use?

and they didn't like that I jiggled the tray a bit while I worked the crossword puzzle.

basically, they cram us in like sardines. we are all in the same boat. NO ONE can sit with the seat upright for over 4 hours and sit perfectly still.
we all do what we can to "get through" it. some don't care.. others are in full panic mode.. and some oare in the middle
you are not guaranteed that the person in front of you or behind you is going to sit in an upright positon and not budge an inch for over 4 hours. .. and if you have that need, I suggest you pay extra for a first class seat.

the way they cram us all in, the seats are SET UP to be MULTI PURPOSE. in other words, the person behind me is going to be using the tray on the back of "my" seat. and using the pouch , that is also on the back of "my" seat".

even though it is on the back of "my" seat, for all intents and purposes, anything on the back of "my" seat is there for the use of the person behind me.

and the person in front of me is probably going to be reclining their seat, and/or shifting around a bit during the flight.

on the way to calif. from chicago, the guy behind me was miffed cause I shifted back and forth a few times, trying to sleep. and then the pilot siad we were flying over the Grand canyon, and I jerked up to look and the guy behind be swore and got al kinds of pissed off cause it jiggeld his I pad or tablet or whatever.
ok, so I should be real careful, incase the person behind me wants the tray to be still
sorry, I am NOT a morning person. I will shift back and forth a bit.

but on the ride home.. just the opposite..I pulled out the magazine to see the menu for the drinks, .. put it back, pulled it out again to see the crossword..oops... someone workde it already. .. put it back and took out hubby's . then put my mag. back. eventually put my book in the pouch.

now.. the guy in front and to the left is telling me to stop jiggling his wife's seat. !!!:rotfl: well how else am I going to use the pouch that is there for my use?

and they didn't like that I jiggled the tray a bit while I worked the crossword puzzle.

basically, they cram us in like sardines. we are all in the same boat. NO ONE can sit with the seat upright for over 4 hours and sit perfectly still.
we all do what we can to "get through" it. some don't care.. others are in full panic mode.. and some oare in the middle
you are not guaranteed that the person in front of you or behind you is going to sit in an upright positon and not budge an inch for over 4 hours. .. and if you have that need, I suggest you pay extra for a first class seat.

Ignore them. The only time I ever say something is if a kid is kicking the seat or banging on the tray. The parents should stop them.

When flying people have to expect some amount of movement from the people in front, behind, next to them. Its human nature. At some point this could be obnoxious (like the child behind you continuously kicking your seat) but normal activity is to be expected. Some people are just grumpy fliers.

Ignore them. Anyone not expecting movement in the seats around them is not living in reality.

Ignore them. Anyone not expecting movement in the seats around them is not living in reality.

I agree, but then again when is it too much? Sept 22nd I was flying home from Orlando. I was in an aisle seat and next to me was a mom and her about seven year old son. I do not like to fly and usually as soon as we can, I lean my seat back, put in my earphones, listen to music and try to go to sleep. On that flight that kid got up. I kid you not, like twelve times during the 2 hour 22 minute flight. He went to the restroom three times and went to go see daddy and little brother nine times. The first three or four times, it wasn't a big deal, but after that it got really irritating. After the fourth time they tapped me and said he needed out, I admit I did start giving them an irritated look. I hate window seats, but finally asked the mom if they'd like to trade seats or I'd trade with the little brother, since he had to get up so much to go see them. She refused, saying both boys had to have a window seat, so they could look out. What! the kid wasn't staying in the seat more than maybe 5-8 minutes at time, otherwise he was making me stand up, so he could go walk the aisle.:rolleyes: It got very irritating. At one point when I stood up to let him out, I caught the eye of the guy sitting behind us. He grinned and made a comment about the little jack rabbit being up and about again and how he wouldn't put up with it if he was me. The mother heard him and looked between the seats and glared at him and said he had a right to move around some and that kids get bored.

I agree, but then again when is it too much? Sept 22nd I was flying home from Orlando. I was in an aisle seat and next to me was a mom and her about seven year old son. I do not like to fly and usually as soon as we can, I lean my seat back, put in my earphones, listen to music and try to go to sleep. On that flight that kid got up. I kid you not, like twelve times during the 2 hour 22 minute flight. He went to the restroom three times and went to go see daddy and little brother nine times. The first three or four times, it wasn't a big deal, but after that it got really irritating. After the fourth time they tapped me and said he needed out, I admit I did start giving them an irritated look. I hate window seats, but finally asked the mom if they'd like to trade seats or I'd trade with the little brother, since he had to get up so much to go see them. She refused, saying both boys had to have a window seat, so they could look out. What! the kid wasn't staying in the seat more than maybe 5-8 minutes at time, otherwise he was making me stand up, so he could go walk the aisle.:rolleyes: It got very irritating. At one point when I stood up to let him out, I caught the eye of the guy sitting behind us. He grinned and made a comment about the little jack rabbit being up and about again and how he wouldn't put up with it if he was me. The mother heard him and looked between the seats and glared at him and said he had a right to move around some and that kids get bored.
I don't know that I would have thought about it on the flight, but if keeping my eyes closed didn't work, I'd keep leaning over them to look out the window to "see where we are".:lmao:

I agree that would be very irritating! I was basically talking about how the back of your seat is for the use of the person behind you, and you are to use the pouch/tray on the back of the seat in front of you.

in either case, you're going to be jiggling, either the tray behind you or the seat in front of you. lots of people use the tryas to play cards, write, etc. it's gonna jiggle. and by the same token, my fidgeting a bit or moving around a bit will jiggle the tray behind me.

that mom should have (after a while) either made the child stay in his seat, or traded seats with you (or even had him trade with the brother).

but then again, as a waitress, I know many parents no longer believe that children have to stay in their seats ;)

I have my own code of conduct regarding seat back position.

If the seat behind me is empty and it is a long flight and I need to sleep, I will use the recline position while napping. If I am awake, the seat is back to the upright position so if there are passengers in the other seats in that row so they can easily get in and out.

If the seat behind me is occupied, I keep the seat in the upright position. If a very long flight and I need to nap, then I will move the seat only slightly back.

Folks, there is no reason to shove your seat back the full recline position if someone is behind you. Yes, you have the right to do so. No, it is not the right thing to do. We are all stuffed in there together so a bit of courtesy can make the journey a little better.

To me, the seat back recline isn't enough to get upset about. It "reclines" (speaking coach) 2-3"? I don't recline it mainly because I don't see enough benefit. I don't mind someone reclining the seat in front of me. Now, if they recline, retract, recline, retract, recline, etc, THAT would bother me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter