Shannon & Craig's Scottish/Canadian TR! WPBeach/ADH, 5/5/08 - Day 3 Bachelorette!

Don't have too many pics from today, but once my ladies send them to me, I'll add them.

I was so excited when I got up on Thursday morning. My two BMs from British Columbia were coming to meet me and we were going to get the bustle put in my dress at Carolyn Allen's. It also meant that I was going to get to meet Brandy's 3 month old son, Mason. He is sooooo cute and so good. He was doing anything she requested on cue. Quite the performer.

We packed all the gear and headed to CA. I had two hoop skirts to pick from a 2 and a 4. The 4 won hands down. Best call...except when I got stuck in the door of the dressing room! Ha...just like that scene in Enchanted! Mason chilled out in his seat and Sue's husband played with him to keep him entertained. We did a five tie french bustle and put in bra cups. Sue also suggested to take it up a little more. I was so happy that she could get all this done to bring it back to me on Sunday. When we left, it was a huge weight off my shoulders. We headed off to Target to get the last few things for our tolietry baskets to put in the washrooms at the wedding. I ended up buying a few more things and a new bathing suit. Love that they have Starbucks in there too! While we were there, our planner Ken called and we were able to tie up a few loose ends and he told us that he was able to upgrade us to the Garden Suite at BW for all three nights that we were there!! Whoo hoo!! Other than one free dessert at MGM (that they said we got for another reason), this was really the only Pixie Dust we received on the whole trip.

A good chunk of our friends and family arrived today, so we did a couple of airport runs to pick them up. After my sister got her bf at the airport, we made plans to go get our nails done. We ended up going to Magic Nails beside Panera Bread near the Premium Outlet Mall (Vineland Road). We both had tips done with a french polish. I also had a pedicure done. Both were good but even though I can't remember what I paid, I think it was a little expensive. Oh well, got the job done and that was all that mattered. There are lots of nail places around if you drive, but this one is pretty close if you don't have a car, you can cab for relatively cheap from DTD.

We made arrangements to meet up with everyone at the Ale House that night for drinks and to watch the Toronto FC/New York Red Bulls Major League Soccer Game. Apparently they don't take reservations, but we somehow managed to reserve three tables. Lots of people showed up and lots of drinks were had. I had a midnight airport run, so no drinks for me, but I had enough on Friday night to make up for it!

Up Next: Day Three: Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties!

Dad meeting Mason
OrlandoAleHouse-1-MomDadMason.jpg

Me and my new nails watching TFC
OrlandoAleHouse-2-ShanWatchingFC.jpg

Wow your wedding looks beautiful!!! Can't wait to read the rest. I am sorry the bridal salon was horrible but the dress looked fabulous on you!!!

Awesome vendor reviews, thank you so much for sharing those!

And, you look BEAUTIFUL in your dress!!! I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

I forgot to review Dunedin Scottish, the place where we rented the kilts in Tampa. I'm giving them a C+.

If you are coming from Scotland and can manage it, I'd rent over there. The selection and quality is better and you can rest assured that you have everything under control and fitting before you leave. If there are any problems with DS, there aren't any other options around!

Oh dear :( looks like we will be lugging heavy kilts with us then.

Linz xxx :)

I showed DF your cake and he summed it up. He said ours is boring now! So, he said we have to do the same thing! I think you may have started a trend because your cake is so fabulous!!!!

Thanks for writing the vendor reviews! Your dress is beautiful, sorry about all the drama you had. I have been to Ritche before and it was a good experience. If I hear of anyone going to Bridal and Beyond, I will spread the word about their terrible service. I love the picture of Mason in his kilt!

Wow your wedding looks beautiful!!! Can't wait to read the rest. I am sorry the bridal salon was horrible but the dress looked fabulous on you!!!

It was worth the pain. I'm still in love with it and keep trying to come up with ways to wear it again.

Awesome vendor reviews, thank you so much for sharing those!

And, you look BEAUTIFUL in your dress!!! I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Thank you! I know reading others helped me, so just doing my part. :)

Oh dear :( looks like we will be lugging heavy kilts with us then.

Linz xxx :)

Sorry!! Better safe than sorry?

I showed DF your cake and he summed it up. He said ours is boring now! So, he said we have to do the same thing! I think you may have started a trend because your cake is so fabulous!!!!

I don't think that it's possible for a mad hatter to be boring!

Thanks for writing the vendor reviews! Your dress is beautiful, sorry about all the drama you had. I have been to Ritche before and it was a good experience. If I hear of anyone going to Bridal and Beyond, I will spread the word about their terrible service. I love the picture of Mason in his kilt!

He looked so cute and was really good all day. I didn't mind Ritche, but I preferred the stores where all the dresses were there and I could look through them myself, which is why I went to B&B. Ugh. Bride by bride, I'll get that word out!

We spent Friday doing a little of this and a little of that. Nothing too exciting. The boys might have gone golfing. I didn't really eat any of the days leading up to the wedding except dinner. We seemed so busy during the days I was forgetting to eat. When I ate anything other than dinner it was Panera Bread! Think I lived there for a few days. Friday night had been designated boys night and girls night. We were really excited. The girls were meeting up at Jellyrolls and the boys were going (once again) to the Ale House because beer was cheap. Craig had his official bachelor party way back in September at home before he moved to Canada with me, so the boys didn't have a big night planned. When we worked there, I used to love going to Jellyrolls and I knew it was a place that would appeal to all ages of those coming along.

My sister (MOH) made my girls lime green tank tops that said Maid of Honour and Bridesmaid. She made me pink tank that said Bride that I had already been wearing. For the bachelorette, she made me a blue one that said Buy Me a Shot Cause I'm Tying the Knot! She made us all matching blue hoodies too. She did a super job. I also had a Bride-To-Be Crown with a veil. It was really cute and I like to wear silly things so it was fun. We all also had nametags but put Disney Character type names on it. We had Snow, Tink, I was Princess (naturally) and we even had Tweedledee and Tweedledum. My best friend and her sister were the lucky ones. Kiley picked Tweedledum because she says that's what my dad would have wanted. My dad has always bugged her about being blonde...even though she isn't. Jamie also made sure we had one of the dare games, which I hate. So, I turned the plan around. The girls did the dares and for each one they completed, I had to drink. Great plan. There were also Award Stickers to give out...said like hottest buns, worst dancer, etc. We forgot about them until very late in the night and I'm sure there were many strangers in the bar that went back to their rooms and couldn't figure out where the sticker on their back came from!

We had a great night in our little corner on the floor. My mom, grandma, aunts, cousin and friends all came. Craig's mom, aunts and stepmom came too. His friends girlfriends tried to come but the bus directions they got from *** were wrong and they almost ended up stranded. They were told to take a bus to EPCOT and then to take a boat to BW...which from the bus stop you can't do. They had to go to MGM, but they didnt' know it and didn't make it. This almost happened to Tweedledee and dum. I think they actually ended up cabbing it from EPCOT. Not really sure. The night got quite interesting when Craig's mom showed up. His stepmom had come with us as she met us at the hotel with Craig's dad to go with the boys. His stepmom and mom haven't seen each other in about 20 years or something. Ugh. This had to be the first meeting. His mom took "wicked stepmother"...as she calls herself and had the appropriate nametag for...to the bar for a drink and they chatted. All was good. They were out in the lobby talking because it was too loud inside (true...unusually loud that night) and a guy actually went over and started to chat them up. Funny.

They made me go up on stage and got a Brazilian guy that was celebrating his birthday come up and get on the piano. They tried to get him to do a sexy I'm a little teapot dance, but apparently they don't learn that song in Brazil, so I had to teach him. I love Jellyrolls because you can enjoy in sober, drunk or somewhere in the middle. We had a few in each category!! I love the drinks in the big red cups!!! I drink one or two and I'm usually good to go for the night. People kept buying me shots too...which I had to eventually stop because I started to feel terrible. My drunken ladies made sure that we met lots of random dudes and brought many other well wishers by to meet me. We even got some guys nasty underwear for the dare game...it was an attempted trade by him, but he lost. They even had us start a conga line. Tweedledee and Tweedledum were all over the place. I actually had some guy say to me, "I met your friends! Oh really, who? Tweedledee and Tweedledum!" Ha.

About 1am, a lot of people had already left and Craig, his Dad and my sisters BF Pete (which we started to call my Bridesman because of all the stuff we had him doing), showed up. All three were drunker than us and how they got in I'm not sure. Craig and my sister got in a fight over my mother. She's my mother! No, she's my momma now! Quite hilarious. My one BM disappeared with one of the random guys and reappeared with another that she apparently had a date with the next day after the rehearsal dinner!!! HA! I don't think anyone missed the drunk group in the corner and I know we gave the ladies along the upper ledge quite a few laughs. It was an awesome night. The boys had a good time at the Ale House (Craig fell over the railing to see his buddies and my cousins had to pick him up and throw him back over!) but I think our night was a little wilder! The pictures don't do the night justice, but are still very funny.

Me and most of my ladies...
May042008054.jpg

Sisters...we actually look alike in this pic...weird.
May042008059.jpg

Me and my cuz
May042008067.jpg

Sis, me and Mom
May042008071.jpg

Onstage
May042008072.jpg

Trying to teach
May042008083.jpg

Not sure the dare had anything to do with kissing the CM but she thought he was cute...
May042008085.jpg

Random Guy with me and Tweedledum
May042008094.jpg

May042008096.jpg

Oh the dares...
May042008097.jpg

Momma wearing the dare list
May042008104.jpg

Group shot
May042008115.jpg

Sister, Me and Brandy my evil twin (my hot momma)
May042008121.jpg

Random wellwishers checking out my ring
May042008133.jpg

May042008151.jpg

She didn't notice until the next morning!
May042008168.jpg

Then the boys arrived!
May042008197.jpg

May042008177.jpg

Sisters BF Pete
May042008161.jpg

May042008170.jpg

One of my favs
May042008175.jpg

May042008158.jpg

May042008159.jpg

May042008157.jpg

Then Craig wanted to dance...

Alone...
May042008191.jpg

With Mom...
May042008189.jpg

And with Me.
May042008196.jpg

Sorry. I'm a big picture freak. There were some great ones on the Boardwalk afterwards, but they must still be on the CD. I'll post them tomorrow.

All-in-all, Jellyrolls got a big thumbs up!

Next Up: Rehearsal Day and "I don't even want to see your face right now, let alone practice marrying you!"

WOW you guys look like you had soo much fun!!!! I watched your sneak peek video..I loved it!!!!! Girl your cake is like the coolest cake ever!!!!

Here are the last few Bachelorette Pics. My mom had the worst time ever trying to corral the drunken cattle back to the BW lobby to get cabs! My aunt and Craig's Dad were the worst two!

"She's my momma now too!"
May042008156.jpg

May042008204.jpg

May042008203.jpg

May042008217.jpg

May042008218.jpg

:cool1: Sounds like such a fun night, some of your pictures are so funny :laughing:

Can't wait to hear more! :listen:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter