~~~SEWING my way to POFQ ~ American Girl outfits & Custom Park Bags! ~~~

I plan to do 3 Holiday outfits this season. This is the first... I am not happy with it at all... I took the top off 2 times and redid it entirely twice. I had it completely finished last night, and then I ripped it apart again today (for the 3rd time) becuase I didn't like the fit. I still don't like the fit, but I am afraid I will take a scissors to the whole thing if I try to rip it apart again. popcorn::

BTW... the main color of the dress is actually red - so if you are seeing hot pink (like I am) - it's actually red. :confused3

Anyways...

aIMG_2058.jpg

D~

This is stunning. I love it.

If I had a clue how to use photo shop I would SOOOOO do this! I was just saying yesterday how I wasn't taking my big 3 ring binder this trip (I think it will be trip #10) because I never needed it. But I do use it for planning. I was just going to use some large index cards and laminate them after I got all the info entered...Yours is so much cuter!

Nini

I can probably help you out in Photoshop, and create something for you. The only problem is that I would need to use my pictures, your pictures or permission to use someone else's for this purpose. Let me know if you want me to work on this (of course, it will have to be after my trip). :thumbsup2

This is stunning. I love it.

Thank you! :)

D~

OK, so here's the dining plan checklist I created. This will be inserted inside the front cover of my Mini-Planner. :thumbsup2

Photobucketdiningchecklistcopy.jpg

D~

Hi!! New reader - you do FABULOUS work!!! I have 2 nieces & friends who have AG loving little girls, so I'll send you a PM! :)

Going back to read more carefully now,... :)

I plan to do 3 Holiday outfits this season. This is the first... I am not happy with it at all... I took the top off 2 times and redid it entirely twice. I had it completely finished last night, and then I ripped it apart again today (for the 3rd time) becuase I didn't like the fit. I still don't like the fit, but I am afraid I will take a scissors to the whole thing if I try to rip it apart again. popcorn::

BTW... the main color of the dress is actually red - so if you are seeing hot pink (like I am) - it's actually red. :confused3

Anyways...

aIMG_2058.jpg

D~

:goodvibes Love it. I love the little hidden Mickey Marshmallow :love:

Sooo, besides sewing... I've also been messing around in Photoshop a bit.

I've always made calendars for when we go to WDW, and I always bring this gigantic 3 ring binder... which really sucks to carry around. It's heavy, cumbersome, annoying, large...

So, a few weeks ago - I was perusing other PTRs, and happened upon PoisonApplePrincess' PTR, she had this fabulous idea for a mini planner... I loved the idea so much, I decided to borrow it for myself - with a link back to her PTR, of course...
Dear Santa, I'd like a Disney Trip for Christmas!

This is just a fantastic idea - and I just love it!

So, how do you make this mini planner, you ask? Well, first of all - go to your local Target to purchase yourself a $2.00 plastic photo book (found in the scrapbooking aisle) - of the 4x6 variety - just make sure that you can remove the cheesy cover that they have in the cover slot. :thumbsup2

Then you dabble in Photoshop for a while...

Here's the front cover I designed... It's not spectacular, by any means, but it gets my point across. :thumbsup2

cover-3.jpg

Inside the front cover will be a DDP checklist, so I can check off our meals as we go. I plan to design my own - which I haven't started yet.

The back cover will be one of my "famous" calendars... the fame is well known with in my immediate family - in case you were wondering. :thumbsup2

Here is our food budget from our 2008 trip... Yes, I know, I am a bit obsessive as a planner - but I will have you know, we added up our food receipts when we got home, and we came in at -$8.00. To me, that's impressive. :rolleyes1
Geurtsfoodbudget1.jpg

(Photos used with permission from Dznefreek)

I plan to update the planner as I finish the pages - so that will give everyone something fun to look forward to... Besides my AG outfits, of course. :surfweb:

D~

I actually used one of those tiny photo albums for our outfits on our last trip. That way I could keep track of what we were wearing each day:lmao: I wish I had photoshop on my computer.

I can see where bringing a big binder would be hard. I decided that my workplace needed a binding machine:rolleyes1 so now I bind everything including our itinerary and BG autograph books:rotfl:

OK, so here's the dining plan checklist I created. This will be inserted inside the front cover of my Mini-Planner. :thumbsup2

Photobucketdiningchecklistcopy.jpg

D~

OH I love this picture. Do you have it blank? That would be awesome for autograph cards.

So, rarely do I ever like anything I make... But this outfit, I am super happy with, from top to bottom. So much that I contimplated keeping it for myself. :rolleyes1

The fit is perfect, the top stitching is perfect, the fabrics are adorable, and the applique actually turned out. :wizard:

#2 Holiday outfit:
aIMG_2059.jpg

aIMG_2060.jpg

D~

Hi!! New reader - you do FABULOUS work!!! I have 2 nieces & friends who have AG loving little girls, so I'll send you a PM! :)

Going back to read more carefully now,... :)

Welcome!!! I hope you are enjoying my PTR! :lovestruc I see you have one too - I'll have to go check it out. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Love it. I love the little hidden Mickey Marshmallow :love:

Thanks - I was wondering if anyone would notice. :wizard:

:I actually used one of those tiny photo albums for our outfits on our last trip. That way I could keep track of what we were wearing each day:lmao: I wish I had photoshop on my computer.

I can see where bringing a big binder would be hard. I decided that my workplace needed a binding machine:rolleyes1 so now I bind everything including our itinerary and BG autograph books:rotfl:

Excellent idea! :thumbsup2 I am just happy to have two 3-hole punches at my house. :thumbsup2

:OH I love this picture. Do you have it blank? That would be awesome for autograph cards.

If you Google "Disney world dining" it will give you several blanks. :thumbsup2

Off to cut out outfit #30... I am determined to get out of the 30's this week! :thumbsup2 And I am so excited that I finally got the kinks worked out of this pattern... which makes me want to rip apart outfit #32 for the fourth time and do it again - but alas, I have spent too much time on it already. :sick:

D~

So, rarely do I ever like anything I make... But this outfit, I am super happy with, from top to bottom. So much that I contimplated keeping it for myself. :rolleyes1

The fit is perfect, the top stitching is perfect, the fabrics are adorable, and the applique actually turned out. :wizard:

#2 Holiday outfit:
aIMG_2059.jpg

aIMG_2060.jpg

D~

Another super cute outfit! You need to keep selling them to get out of the 30's this week! Keep on going! You're doing great!!

OMG your outfits are CUTE!!! I love your new one; I can see why you'd want to keep it!! :)

I am still working out the kinks with my main calendar for my Mini-Planner, so I thought I would post an individual day.

The calendar page will be the entire trip at a glance, then I will have a page for each day, giving specific details. I will be adding more details to the pages, once specifics (parades/firewoks) are released by Disney.

Day 1 - arrival:

photobucketDay1.jpg

D~

#2 Holiday outfit:
th_aIMG_2059.jpg
th_aIMG_2060.jpg

D~
So sweet! I agree with you that the bodice fit looks better on the second dress, but only because you kept pointing out how dissatisfied you were with the first one. If you really aren't happy with the first you could always just gift it to someone instead of selling it (a BG perhaps). I really liked the colors in the first one, but once you posted the green one I LOVE the colors in it.

My dd is suddenly into her AG doll again. She went through last year's catalogue and circled the thousands of dollars of things she wants me to get her. Most of the items are pets, horses and furniture. There is one kitchen set that has a doll with an apron and dd wants that doll too so she can bake her current doll cookies :rotfl2: So I think I will be making more clothes for dd's doll in the near future.

Another super cute outfit! You need to keep selling them to get out of the 30's this week! Keep on going! You're doing great!!

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I know... I forgot I'd made plans with my bff today, but I still plan on making the best of efforts to finish this outfit today - I have a lot to do on it though. I will be able to finish up tomorrow morning, for sure.

OMG your outfits are CUTE!!! I love your new one; I can see why you'd want to keep it!! :)

Thank you. :lovestruc

Hot chocolate is one of my favorite things in the whole world! :goodvibes So I absolutely ADORE the past two outfits you made! (If they were in my size I would be buying both! :rotfl2: )

ROFL... that can be arranged. :rotfl2: Totally kidding, of course. :lovestruc

D~

#2 Holiday outfit:
aIMG_2059.jpg

aIMG_2060.jpg

D~

This one is adorable too!

Thanks - I was wondering if anyone would notice. :wizard:

D~

I am trained to see °O° mickey heads everywhere and now I have even trained my kids too:lmao:

If you Google "Disney world dining" it will give you several blanks. :thumbsup2

D~

Thanks! I will have to go searching.:surfweb:

My dd is suddenly into her AG doll again. She went through last year's catalogue and circled the thousands of dollars of things she wants me to get her. Most of the items are pets, horses and furniture. There is one kitchen set that has a doll with an apron and dd wants that doll too so she can bake her current doll cookies :rotfl2: So I think I will be making more clothes for dd's doll in the near future.

:lmao: My daughter circled the whole catalogue for her list to Santa:santa:

So sweet! I agree with you that the bodice fit looks better on the second dress, but only because you kept pointing out how dissatisfied you were with the first one. If you really aren't happy with the first you could always just gift it to someone instead of selling it (a BG perhaps). I really liked the colors in the first one, but once you posted the green one I LOVE the colors in it.

That is awesome that your dd is into her AG again... My dds come and go... usually around the holidays, their interest is it's most intense (probably has something to do with dreams of new items in their stockings and under the tree). :confused3

I am still not sure what to do with that dress. Since I am only making 3 and don't have enough fabric to even make one more, I don't think I could get away with donating it, I wish I could.

Thanks! I will have to go searching.:surfweb:

:lmao: My daughter circled the whole catalogue for her list to Santa:santa:

ROFL... I hope you found the picture, if not, just let me know.

:rotfl2:

You're mini-planner is awesome! Totally putting mine to shame!

I'm not trying to put yours to shame... I'm anxious to get over to your ptr and see how yours is coming along. It was your idea after all. :lovestruc

Having a rough day... everyone is crabby - even me. A dropped her Ipod and cracked the screen in a major way... :sick: Can't wait to get to bed and start over again tomorrow.

D~

OK, so I finally finished the calendar page for the back cover of my Mini-Planner... I just want it to be an "our trip at a glance" page. Which park, which days and our ADRs. I have not decided what I am going to do with the inside of the back cover yet. Any ideas?

(ETA: I moved around a few of my days, so this is the current version of the calendar... current as of 10/25/2011)
photobucketMarch2012calendar1.jpg

I also want to give a few photo credits... Most of the photos used for this page were taken by Dznefreek (Jim is such a nice guy to let me use his photos for this). The adorable character heads of us wearing our Mickey Ears are from Tebi73 - she is currently on a Disign break - but she was kind enough to let me take the heads and ears that I wanted and disign them myself - the bodies are all mine... well, sort of, I made them out of the characters. :wizard:

Personally, I love how the "March 2012" turned out... I only wish that Donald was a little more prominent on this page - after all - he is my favorite guy. :lovestruc

D~

OK, so I finally finished the calendar page for the back cover of my Mini-Planner... I just want it to be an "our trip at a glance" page. Which park, which days and our ADRs. I have not decided what I am going to do with the inside of the back cover yet. Any ideas?

photobucketMarch2012calendar.jpg

I also want to give a few photo credits... Most of the photos used for this page were taken by Dznefreek (Jim is such a nice guy to let me use his photos for this). The adorable character heads of us wearing our Mickey Ears are from Tebi73 - she is currently on a Disign break - but she was kind enough to let me take the heads and ears that I wanted and disign them myself - the bodies are all mine... well, sort of, I made them out of the characters. :wizard:

Personally, I love how the "March 2012" turned out... I only wish that Donald was a little more prominent on this page - after all - he is my favorite guy. :lovestruc

D~

That is adorable. Love how you made that page.

photobucketMarch2012calendar.jpg

D~

SUCH TALENT!
:love::love::love:

(I impress myself if I can take someone else's designs, put them together into Embird and get them to stitch half way right! of course, what I do doesn't take talent... just a bit of time!)

Not only is the sewing machine your friend, but you can make the computer do your bidding as well! So love these pages. Of course, I would be afraid to actually carry something like that...someone might take it!

Nini

Here's the 3rd and final outfit in my Holiday 2011 series. And yes, the main color of this one is hot pink. :thumbsup2

aIMG_2064.jpg

And just in case you wanted to see the back of these dresses...

aIMG_2065.jpg

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter