Several Year Passholder/Making the DVC Plunge

AustinL

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the DisBoards, my fiance got me into Disney several years ago. We got engaged in 2019 at Disneyland, and later that year became passholders during our WDW trip, and have been active passholders since. We're from Pennsylvania and she's already a member on this board, and has had great experiences with members of this forum.

We recently put an offer in on our first DVC contract buying resale at GF. It's a modest 125 point contract, we'll look to build up soon.

We're from the Philly area, and try to get down to WDW for the Run Disney events, and a couple of additional trips in the fall.

Welcome to DisBoards, and hopefully not too early to say Welcome Home! I hope you pass RoFR! GF is a beautiful resort - one of my favorites, although I have only stayed there one time (I have visited it a few times though). I used to live in B'more, not far from Philly. I moved to Texas recently though.

Remember to check out the DVC boards here. Settle in, make yourself comfy and let us know if you have any questions along the way!

Yeah we’ve only stayed there once, but had a great time. We really like the monorail resorts and think we would have chosen Poly, it’s very much our vibe (sorry Paul and Amy), but we were disappointed it was studios and bungalows only.

some of the events we always try to go to are the runDisney events. We stayed at Saratoga for the Marathon weekend and we’re able to enjoy the pool after the runs. Generally we like some lazy days in our plans and like being able to watch fireworks from the resort and early nights.

Yeah we’ve only stayed there once, but had a great time. We really like the monorail resorts and think we would have chosen Poly, it’s very much our vibe (sorry Paul and Amy), but we were disappointed it was studios and bungalows only.

some of the events we always try to go to are the runDisney events. We stayed at Saratoga for the Marathon weekend and we’re able to enjoy the pool after the runs. Generally we like some lazy days in our plans and like being able to watch fireworks from the resort and early nights.

My first home is BLT - when I have small kids with me, I love BLT since it's just a short walk to MK. We can watch the fireworks from the resort, but I would often (pre-pandemic) get a desert party at MK, then mosey on back to the resort - no need to worry about the crowds piling onto the busses.

With the walkway being finished, that puts GF almost as close so makes it equally attractive.

When I want to just "get away from it all", my favorite is OKW. So quiet and relaxing there you can just forget about the world. It's like living in your own little sanctuary.

One of my favorites for in room vacays is AKL. I really enjoy a 1BR in Kidani and just watching and animals roam around.

Of course that's the beauty of DVC - each resort has it's own charm and there is not a bad one to stay at!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter