Servers/Assisstant Servers/Headwaiters

Originally posted by WDWLVR
We had Maclean as our head server on the 5/10 Western and he was great. We had Sylvester (from India) as our server and Joel (from the Phillipines) as asst. server. They were fantastic! A truly great pair!

I'm right now on the 5/31 Eastern and I have the same trio. Sylvester and Joel are great!! I think I like Joel a little more...but maybe that's because he spends more time at the table. My diet coke is always full and he's managed to spread a little pixie dust on to this cast member. The way he interacts with the kids at my table is great!!

Originally posted by BethA
Does the crew have email on the Magic?
Crew members on the Wonder and Magic (even the room hosts) are given an Internet access code. They can access the Internet and receive e-mail <B>if they choose</B>. Some crew members even have their own personal computers onboard in their cabin during their contract and receive e-mail at their established address, such as with AOL.

Originally posted by DisneyBusDriverToo
I'm right now on the 5/31 Eastern and I have the same trio. Sylvester and Joel are great!! I think I like Joel a little more...but maybe that's because he spends more time at the table. My diet coke is always full and he's managed to spread a little pixie dust on to this cast member. The way he interacts with the kids at my table is great!!

Please tell them that Mark & Mary Gums from the May 10th Cruise (table 64 early seating) say hello! We really miss them!

Originally posted by DisneyBusDriverToo

That is great to hear!! Is Sylvester doing his magic tricks for you?

If you can, please tell them both Todd & Leslie from 5/24 Table 66 say hello & that we are already booking the 5/22/04 cruise & will be asking for them, if they are still there!

Hope you are having an awesome time. I am still smiling from our cruise!

Leslie:earsgirl:

Do Servers and Asst. Servers always work as part of the same team or do they switch partners every so often? Also, does anyone know if the room stewards are always assigned the same rooms or do they switch around. If we are in the same room this year as last should we expect it to be highly probable that we would have the same room steward?

I'm not sure about the stewerds and stewardesses, but the assisstant servers and servers do switharound if one is promoted.... I think...

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

We were also on the 5/31 Eastern. We had Maclean as the head server, Chetan as the server, and Lek as the assistant server. We were seated at table 39. I really enjoyed seeing them each night, plus they gave EXCELLENT service! They took extra good care of us & our children. The first night I asked for a plastic fork for Jenna & every night, she had one waiting for her at her seat. One night Alyssa got a mickey bar & it came with sprinkles. Chetan saw her picking off the sprinkles & he quickly brought her one with out the sprinkles. Definitely a great pair!

Maclean runs a great crew - that's for certain! It's rare to hear any negative about any of the servers/assistants who work for him.

I know we will be asking for him/his team special next cruises - you just can't say enough about good service and personality!

Roger leaves the ship tomorrow and with him goes our best wishes - Giorgio is still there though!
Rae

When we sailed this past March we had Clive from Jamaica as our server and Pema from India as our Assist. Server. Our head server was Stephanie from France. They were all great and made our trip very special. Clive was so much fun and always attentive and could'nt do enough for us. Pema was just a doll baby. She was just so sweet and always there to fill our glasses and take away any dirty dishes that we might have on the table. Stephanie was always around and made a point to stop and speak to each table and ask if there was anything she could do for you. Even when we were out and about the ship and she saw you she would speak and ask how your day was going and if you would be dining in the dining room that night. My last night there we were in Luminiers (Spelling??) and I had ordered something I thought I would like, but when it came I was not real fond of it and was just sitting there pushing it around on my plate. I was not really hungary either and decided not to bother anyone and order anything else. But, Stephanie came by and saw I was not eating and asked what was wrong. I told her I was not to hungary but she would not hear of that. She went and got a menu and ask me to order something else, insisted on it, and then went and got it herself and brought it back to me. I thought this was very thoughtful of her. Just one example of the wonderful service we received from these three.

Mowanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter