September/October 2014 Roll Call

For anyone looking for Frozen costumes - they are back in stock at Disney store online! I ordered a deluxe Elsa, deluxe Anna and regular Anna today to be shipped to our hotel. I went a little nuts and bought Minnie, Princess Leia, Pocahontas, Jasmine and deluxe Belle too. It's going to be a costume palooza!

The limit is one of each Frozen dress per person, I wonder how fast they will sell out this time?

Just a little nuts dabecs :rolleyes2
So is that a costume/day each? Sure is a costume palooza. They will be so rapt! Good shopping.

Still not sure if I am pleased (pocket-wise) or sad that my DD was (in her words) most definitely NOT into princess costumes when she was young! (R2D2, unicorns, Harry Potter - that's a different story - and in 1997 I can vouch a unicorn outfit was nowhere to be found - pre EBay and all that. Oh to zip back in time with a unicorn onesie for that fancy dress dance rather than glueing cardboard unicorn horns to headbands by a very non-crafty mum....).

It's nearly the end of the month and this week brings the change into the month of October.

Happy travels to those travelling this week! May you be blessed with good weather, exciting days and safe travels.

Watching some episodes of Dis unplugged while I kick back on the couch. Only a few days till I can say "I'm going to Disney this month!"

Have started packing which is fun:)

We leave to travel to Sydney for our departure to DL on Friday and my Disneyland countdown has been a little stressful..my DH was admitted to hospital last Wednesday and I am hoping he is well and out by tomorrow after a procedure today. He wasn't coming on the trip but worry has taken over my excitement and my brain is frazzled. I have two days left at work and so many things to do. So worried I will forget something, but I think I have everything under control

Will be so glad to get on that plane and praying everything will be fine while I'm away.

We leave to travel to Sydney for our departure to DL on Friday and my Disneyland countdown has been a little stressful..my DH was admitted to hospital last Wednesday and I am hoping he is well and out by tomorrow after a procedure today. He wasn't coming on the trip but worry has taken over my excitement and my brain is frazzled. I have two days left at work and so many things to do. So worried I will forget something, but I think I have everything under control

Will be so glad to get on that plane and praying everything will be fine while I'm away.

Hope everything goes well and DH has a quick recovery :flower3:

We leave to travel to Sydney for our departure to DL on Friday and my Disneyland countdown has been a little stressful..my DH was admitted to hospital last Wednesday and I am hoping he is well and out by tomorrow after a procedure today. He wasn't coming on the trip but worry has taken over my excitement and my brain is frazzled. I have two days left at work and so many things to do. So worried I will forget something, but I think I have everything under control Will be so glad to get on that plane and praying everything will be fine while I'm away.

Hope he is ok! What a stressful time, you need a holiday;)

I hope everything goes smoothly for DH. :flower3:

Thank you for your good wishes, my DH came home this afternoon :cool1:

He is feeling much better and I'm setting up a few follow up appointments for the next two weeks while I'm away so someone is checking he is still OK (more for my peace of mind!) and so my DD16 doesn't feel she has the responsibility.

I can now get my head in holiday space and get excited :yay:

We start our trip on Friday, heading to Sydney for the weekend before we fly out Monday

Sorry about DH - good to hear things look OK. My DH is panicing me this last few days (he's seeing the Doc tomorrow) with odd symptoms-he is coming on the trip. We fly out in 3 weeks so hoping it turns out to be nothing serious. Hope you have a wonderful - worry free trip!

What is it with these husbands?! I'll spit chips if mine's sick when we leave! Lol. On a serious note, I hope they both get better and your trips are fantastic :)

He is feeling much better and I'm setting up a few follow up appointments for the next two weeks while I'm away so someone is checking he is still OK (more for my peace of mind!) and so my DD16 doesn't feel she has the responsibility.

We start our trip on Friday, heading to Sydney for the weekend before we fly out Monday

Hey Periwinkle20

Great news that DH is better and out of hospital. Hope you have a wonderful trip:)

Glad he's feeling better.

Sorry about DH - good to hear things look OK. My DH is panicing me this last few days (he's seeing the Doc tomorrow) with odd symptoms-he is coming on the trip. We fly out in 3 weeks so hoping it turns out to be nothing serious. Hope you have a wonderful - worry free trip!

Oh no! I hope he's okay.

Hope the DHs are all back to 100% very soon! dde0a Has anyone heard of Jersey week in Orlando or if you've been there during this time? I have been reading snippets about it but I'm not sure if the crowd levels are significantly increased during this week (usually November). Also, I'm a little confused about how the Magical Express works - I'm sure I read that we'll be issued with special tags and our bags will be collected from the baggage carousel and then taken to the resort? My TA seems to think someone will be waiting for us at the gate with our names on a sign - very confused. Safe and amazing travels to everyone leaving this week ~ 25 days for us cdf89

I don't think us internationals can use the luggage tags.

We collected our own luggage then followed the signs to the Magical Express counter (very well signed), and they will tell you which bus to catch to your resort. The bus driver will load your bags underneath for you and get them out at the other end (we tipped him).

DH as I noted in pre-TR is doing OK it seems-but yeah what is it with them!!

Yes with DME as an international you collect your luggage and (go through customs if this is port of entry to US), find your way to the DME counter in the airport (glad to hear dabecs, it's better signposted than a few years ago) and you will checked off and directed to the queue for the next coach.

You can take your baggage receipts to the Magical Express counter and they'll go collect your bags from the carousel and deliver them for you. We always collect ours though as I don't want to wait up to 3 hours for them. We tend to arrive late afternoon/evening and I just want to have something to eat and then crash.

There definitely won't be anyone waiting with your name unless they've booked you a private transfer and not Magical Express.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter