September Adults/Solos

Never mind, the promotion didn't come through:( guess we need a Disney Vacation to cheer us up!

I am listed to be there the 16 - 26, but we changed that to the 13 - 25. Our airline tickets dropped to $171 a piece if we changed out dates. I don't mind. Add a few days and spend the same amount of $, woo hoo:pinkbounc .

My partner and I will be there the 26th-29th for a cheap-airfare DVC-points-burning-******-in-our-pockets get-our-money's-worth-on-our-AP's trip! Staying at OKW unless the waitlist for BWV or VWL comes thru.

I'm sorry for the change. It's very nice of you to keep this record of everyone showing up in September.

I was going to cancel, now, by good fortune I will bw able to stay longer.

I'll arrive September 19, 2001 and
I'll depart September 30, 2001.

I'll be staying at All-Star Sports Resort and Old Key West Resort.

Thank you, RaySharpton :)

I will be at All Star Sports 9/20-9/23 .... by myself! The other OldPooh is staying home this time. This is my first solo all-by-myself trip! I'm a bit nervous, but also very excited to be going again. I need a vacation!

We'll be trying out the AKL Sep. 13 - 19th. Additionally, we'll be spending 11th and 12th with friends in Orlando and taking in the Space Center. I need this Bad!:bounce:

DH and I'll be there 9/7 to 9/12....I can't wait 8 days and counting......

Sept 29-30.

Me and the Mrs. plan a quick trip to use a day left over on our passes. No kids, big rides, no whining (except from her on some rides).

Staying ASSP (maybe ASMU if I can change it).

We were scheduled to fly out on the 11th, so I don't need to say what happened. My wife and I discussed it and decided that this wasn't the time for us to go. Since we were all dressed up with no place to go, we just got in the car and drove. We spent our first night in Ga. and drove on to St. Augustine. What a pleasant town! We stayed there a couple of days and nights and then moved over to Gainesville to escape the storm on Friday. Saturday we fell in behind the storm and drove down to Orlando. We had no trouble finding a room at Best Western next to DTD. There was method in our madness as, although we had cancelled our Reservations at AKL, we still had our tickets to Cirque for Sat. night. We ate lunch at House of Blues and really enjoyed it, although a second mortgage was almost necessary. The service (at 11:00AM) was great and the food was really good. I had the Jambalaya which was delicious - warm but not New Orleans hot, and my wife had the stuffed Salmon which she declared to be the best she had ever had.

We spent some time at DQ (expensive for someone not on a plan) just to experience it and then took in CdS. What a great show that is! Not only is it hard to believe that people can actually do some of those things, but it is hard to conceive of an imagination which could dream up such a show. Highly recommended. We saw it in '99 and the show is the same, but it was still well worth it.

After the show, we hit PI and caught the second show at the Comedy Club. I gotta say that their minds work a lot faster than mine - a lot stranger too. It was fun. Following that we spent a couple of hours in the Adventurers Club and I loved it. If you stop to look around, it's almost sensory overload. Following the AC, we spent some time taking in the live show at the stage at the west end. Good music and very good people watching.

On Sunday, we hit the shops at the Marketplace and caught lunch at the Rainforest Café at DTD. The food was very good and our waitress was pleasant, attentive and very competent. Then headed home a few days early. It was a different kind of trip as, no matter where we were, we were always close to a TV or radio. We have rescheduled for the week after Thanksgiving and will try AKL again then. I think that we are all still a little numb. That will wear off, but I don't think that some of the other feelings ever will. Keep the faith and God Bless America.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter