September 30th, 2004 Wonder

I'm holding my breath right now until we hear about PC.

They say they're inspecting today so I hope we hear something soon. :faint:

My hotel wed. night is prepaid in orlando but if we switch to PE we will probably fly straight through.

(the good news about that would be is that our SW flight already goes to FFL after MCO so it probably wouldn't be that hard to stay onboard.)

Only thing I've heard on the news is that they have reopened Port Everglades and Port Tampa to get gas into the state. Haven't heard anything on PC.

Dh had an interesting drive to work this morning. There was a tree blocking the entrance of our subdivision, the next street he drove on he saw a roof blocking another street, then the next street all the traffic signals were blown off the wires, then the next street there were alot of down trees and several of them on houses. He told me not to go anywhere today. So I'm home and repacking our stuff for the cruise. They now said that 80-90% of Polk County is without electricity. So we were truly blessed with only 1 tree down and an antena ripped off the car!!!

Just FYI---The forcast for Thursday is 89 for the high and 77 for the low, only 30% chance of rain.

Just FYI---The forcast for Thursday is 89 for the high and 77 for the low, only 30% chance of rain.

:bounce: Well THAT'S good news - it will be nice and sunny as we stand there in our green shirt sipping umbrella drinks :)

My son asked me how long til we go on the cruise. I showed him your countdown counters. He thought that was so cool. Then a few minutes later he said, "Mom, I can't wait to hear 10, 9, 8, etc..."horn blowing...when you wish upon a star." Me either!!!

Assuming we leave from PC---Are you going to BBB or Parot Cay for lunch? We're shooting for Parot Cay to be in the airconditioning!

I'm thinking parrot cay since we'll have the stroller with us.

I'm playing it by ear at this point

Lunch

Hmmmm...I'm thinking DBF will want to do BBB...we are going to of course pack our suits in our day bags so we can get up to the pool areas ASAP!

But I'm actually dying to see Parrot Cay - it looks really fun :) I may have to just check out both :)

hee hee....

I really can't wait to find out if we're actually going to GO anywhere - LOL.

Okay fellow cruisers! I just copied this from Carnival's website -

The 3 Day cruise that departed on Sept. 23 is now expected to return to Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) on Mon., Sept. 27. Guests will be provided bus transportation back to Port Canaveral and the Orlando airport.

The 4 Day cruise scheduled to depart on Sun., Sept. 26 has changed to a 3 Day cruise departing on Mon., Sept. 27 visiting Nassau. This cruise will now depart from Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) and return to Port Canaveral on Thur., Sept. 30.

Sounds familiar, eh? Looks like they are definitely planning on visiting Nassau...must mean good news for us too, right?
:sunny:

Sovereign of the Seas, normally scheduled to depart today on a four-night sailing, will delay its return from its current sailing until Tuesday and will now return to Port Everglades, Florida. Royal Caribbean International will transport guests from Port Everglades to Port Canaveral and the Orlando airport at the conclusion of this sailing.

In addition, the ship will leave on its next sailing at 8 p.m. local time Tuesday from Port Everglades and will sail a modified itinerary. The ship will make a port call in Nassau, Bahamas on Wednesday and Thursday and return to Port Canaveral on Friday.

Okay - so here's more news from the RCL web page - THEY are going to Nassau as well...so at least we're going SOMEWHERE :cool: :sunny:

By the way...checked the weather page for Nassau for Friday? Sunny and clear and in the 80's :sunny:

Fingers crossed! I REALLY hope we go out of PC, since it's not too far from home. As far as where we end up, I'm game for a mystery cruise. If we don't get to CC I'll be disappointed, but it will be okay. We had a hurricane cruise back in 2001 and we ended up at CC twice. So I've been on 3 Disney cruises, but been to CC 4 times!! I'd just feel really bad for all the 1st timers, because CC is so awesome.

:( I am disappointed...but I have a very strong feeling that we won't be stopping at CC...:(

Oh well...maybe on cruise #2....

I really think we'll sail out of PC....but they'd better let us know by tomorrow - I can't change my flights....

Geesh I leave the board for a few days because of the wedding and there is all this weather drama! I have not heard a thing from our travel agent so I am assuming that we are still sailing out of PC. As for CC I will be very sad if we cannot make it there.

The wedding went very well. Here is a link to the few pics I have gotten from my cousin...http://www.snapfish.com/photolibrary/t_=6568666
We wont get the prof pics till after the HM. None the less if you want to know what we look like and what not just click the link!

Hope to be reading some good news when I check in tomorrow!!!!!

Pixy Dust all around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try to go to Walmart today, if they have electricity. I want to get sea bands and dramamine for DS10 and DH. If I can't get there, is there anyway one of you could get it for me? Looking for 2 boxes of chewable dramine tablets or Walmart's equivalent, and 4 pairs of seabands.

-----you would not believe the destruction in my town. We went to the grocery store last night. I was shocked. It is a miracle we walked away unscratched. We took a picture of a tree that fell on someones home. The one shopping center got swolled up by a sink hold. My husband said he saw at least 20 trees down on his way to work. Traffic lights if still attached to the wires were dangling. And he saw a roof on the road, and fences mangled. Gas is getting really hard to find, since some of the stations don't have electricity. Our retention pond and the ditch that drains it, overflowed onto our yard. DS and DH were able to fish in our yard during the eye. Now, the water has almost completely receeded. The impact to our county is very similar to Charley. Guess I know what I'll do with all my baby's outgrown clothes, I'll probably be donating them to Jeanne victims instead of yard selling them.

Great news!!!! Just talked to Rita at DCL, she said it looks like PC and CC will both be open for our cruise!!!!!! Yeh!!!

What.............

I hope it's true and that Rita's not taking meds or something.....

:crazy:

WOOHOO!!!!!! We get to go to CC!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!
I am still trying to learn how to use snapfish. I wonder if this link will work to get to Our Wedding Pics ?

Originally posted by lovethattink
I'm going to try to go to Walmart today, if they have electricity. I want to get sea bands and dramamine for DS10 and DH. If I can't get there, is there anyway one of you could get it for me? Looking for 2 boxes of chewable dramine tablets or Walmart's equivalent, and 4 pairs of seabands.

-----you would not believe the destruction in my town. We went to the grocery store last night. I was shocked. It is a miracle we walked away unscratched. We took a picture of a tree that fell on someones home. The one shopping center got swolled up by a sink hold. My husband said he saw at least 20 trees down on his way to work. Traffic lights if still attached to the wires were dangling. And he saw a roof on the road, and fences mangled. Gas is getting really hard to find, since some of the stations don't have electricity. Our retention pond and the ditch that drains it, overflowed onto our yard. DS and DH were able to fish in our yard during the eye. Now, the water has almost completely receeded. The impact to our county is very similar to Charley. Guess I know what I'll do with all my baby's outgrown clothes, I'll probably be donating them to Jeanne victims instead of yard selling them.

I am sorry to hear that you were hit so hard. Thank goodness you all made it through the storm unharmed. Let me know if you need anything.

I got sea bands at my walmart......

They were black in color cost was a little over $8.

You had to ask the pharmacist for them.

I'd be willing to get some for you but I need to know before
6:00 pm. (i can probably make a wal mart run tomorrow morning)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter