September 28, 2016, DVC Member Cruise on the Magic!

Really? I've got to get yesterday's mail. That would be great if the docs were waiting for me!

Nothing yet in Ohio.

Hope all folks on the east coast keep dry and away from the storm.. My sister is watching and preparing our Cape May NJ house.

Nothing yet in Ohio.

Hope all folks on the east coast keep dry and away from the storm.. My sister is watching and preparing our Cape May NJ house.

I hope it heads out to sea and spares the Northeast. Be safe everyone.

Oh and enjoy your trip Bobbi. Sounds like another great addition to your travels this past year. Love it!

Came home from a visit to our daughter in Maryland to find our documents in the mail! It's getting real.

I just remembered that Patricia is first on our reservation, so she'll be the one getting the docs!

We just miss having Halloween at sea. I'm catching it on the Dream. We are heading to the port right now! Happy Labor Day celebrations to all.

My sister reports that Cape May was spared major damage, so that's good.

On today's cruise I did start a small "new" pin exchange. If anyone here is interested, I'm in.

Bobbi

Btw, according to our docs, we will be having Halloween on the High Seas.

I just remembered that Patricia is first on our reservation, so she'll be the one getting the docs!

On today's cruise I did start a small "new" pin exchange. If anyone here is interested, I'm in.

Bobbi
What is a 'new' pin exchange ?

Last edited:
Hoping to find a present in the mail today.

Interesting. So no Pirates Night I'm assuming? Are we packing costumes?? JQ and I usually just wear top hats and wigs at MNSSHP.
I have not cruised when there's been a Pirates Night, so don't know what to look for in the booklet. But, on the DCL website, under onboard activities for our cruise, on the Halifax day people can book a Pirates League make over in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Does that mean Pirares Night?

Pirates Night used to be shown on the DCL site as a ship activity in the my cruise activities section. I haven't been on a cruise lately that had a pirates night, so I can't confirm if that's still the way they list it. Right now, there's nothing listed for our day in Halifax. the BBB pirates league makeover being advertised is interesting. Lucky for us, bobbiwoz is on a Halloween cruise as we speak and can hopefully shed some light on what the Halloween events are and if they host a Pirates night as well.

FYI - Still no cruise docs, but I am moving along on that to do list.

Somebody said they called DCL and were told Halloween replaces Pirate might. Take it with a grain of salt until confirmed.

Somebody said they called DCL and were told Halloween replaces Pirate might. Take it with a grain of salt until confirmed.

I hope that's not the case! We are 1st time cruisers and were looking forward to Pirates Night! I think I will call as well to see what they say.

Still waiting for docs. Never been on a cruise that celebrates Halloween. At my age Halloween now means sitting on the stoop handing out candy while my grandchildren trick-or-treat. I love how the neighbors all turn out to sit outside in Ambler, PA. I think it was probably three or four years ago that every girl in the neighborhood was dressed as Elsa or Anna. And no two costumes were alike. I will be happy to hear what happens on Halloween nights on the ship.

Hi! We are just off the Dream, and we saw the Wonder in port. The Wonder just finished the EBPC cruise and will be leaving for extensive dry dock in Europe!

We had both Pirate night and Halloween festivities!

Halloween festivities began on embarkation day and continued the second day. There was trick or treating for kids in afternoon, with adult costume party at night. Pirate night was CC day. Party began at 10:30.

The Halloweeen festivities actually ended last night with a final story telling time at 7:30.
The story telling for Halloween takes place in the atrium.

Now on Embarkation night at 10;45 they showed Nightmare before Christmas in Walt Disney Theater, with character appearances afterward. I did not go to that this time. At 11, they showed "the light between two oceans" in the Buena Vista theater and I went to that. This was the only showing of either of those 2 movies.

If there are other questions, I will try to answer.

I want to add that the Fisboar
What is a 'new' pin exchange ?

There were 2 others in the Disboad group who were interested in trading newly bought pins. We used fish extenders to trade these pins.

We could trade new or nearly new pins here if anyone is interested?

Anyone interested in a pin exchange? I would be. Post here with the sort of pins you like to collect! Then send conversation with cabin number!

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter