September 22, 2012 Fantasy Eastern "From Fantasyland to the Fantasy"

What an amazing week we had on The Fantasy! It was great to meet many of the people here in our group.

Jen and Ron - thanks for organizing this big group and for coordinating the FE list.

Paul - we loved the state room tour, thank you for managing that for everyone. To all the people that allowed us to tour their rooms, THANK YOU! We loved seeing those large aft verandahs and the Walt Suite...AMAZING! Thank you to Alisia and Alan for sharing that with us.

For all the FE participants - thank you for all the fabulous gifts. That is the one bag that I haven't unpacked yet. I will sit with the kids and go through it all to "remember the magic" of last week.

We were supposed to spend quite a few hours at the airport yesterday before our 2:45 flight, but were lucky enough to go standby for the 11:15 flight and get on it! We were home before we would have even boarded our original flight (thanks JetBlue!). We booked the later flight thinking we didn't want to rush to get to the airport, but even in getting into the car at 9:20 and hitting some traffic, we made it to MCO in time to change flights, check our bags and get through security before the early flight even started boarding! Next time, we are definitely doing the earlier flight.

Alisia, Caroline, Jen & Ron, Kristin, Bob - it was great meeting you all, and you are the ones that we seemed to run into the most! Hope you all had a fantastic time and perhaps we will cruise again together in the future!

Here you go gang! Please right click, save as to save to your computer! :goodvibes

It's also on Facebook where you can add a tag which should share the photo on your wall!:thumbsup2

FFTTFGroupPhoto.jpg

We're home, finally. We had a wonderful vacation. And a fantastic time on the Fantasy with everyone. Unpacking & laundry will just have to wait. I did 4 loads on the ship and one at the hotel post cruise. Those Mickey bars were messy. It took 3 nights of learning and 3 napkins to keep Victoria from ruining her clothes. Though they do have 22 grams of fat and max out her pancreatic enzyme doses, so that was fabulous for her!

Jen, any idea when the web cam sail away will be posted online? The last video listed is 2 weeks before our sail away.

Many many thanks for the many wonderful FE gifts. They were magical. I wished I'd taken pictures of them all. Victoria loved checking the pockets for presents each time we came back to our room. :yay: By the 4th round of cleaning out the FE, I felt overwhelmed at the volume of items. They completely took over our desk. Many many thanks to the two big Disney bags. They were invaluable. :love:

Had a great time Last week. Great way of relaxing, catching up on movies, reading and celebrating me and my mom's birthday. Got to even see friends who were working on the ship.. Now only 20 days until im on the dream for my honeymoon. Sucks the day we got off the ship i woke up with a sore throat and my mom now has a cold. we're on a time frame to get better.

Great and relaxing cruise. DH and I found multiple places to fall asleep.

Wonderful picture - thank you :thumbsup2

Hated to miss the stateroom tour. That was my only regret, but DH had his heart set on the Castaway Cay presentation. Big thanks to all the work
Paul put into the tour. It is never easy to organize large groups of people. Sounds like a super success !!

DH also has a terrible cold. He started symtoms on the drive home. Yesterday was ugly but he is mending. Sounds like a bug was lurking somewhere. Anyone else?

We are already planning what we will do on our cruise next year. DCL and WDW are our salvation.;) Just keep swimming - :cheer2:

Were you standing on the ship as it pulled out holding a large State of Maryland flag? If so, we were here in Maryland, waving goodbye to you.

We will be on the ship in 4 weeks!!

Have a GREAT VACATION!!

Hello fellow Marylanders: We had an awesomely amazing time on the Fantasy. Glad you saw us waving our flag. Cant wait till they post the video so we can see it. We hope you have a wonderful cruise with great weather.

Had a great time Last week. Great way of relaxing, catching up on movies, reading and celebrating me and my mom's birthday. Got to even see friends who were working on the ship.. Now only 20 days until im on the dream for my honeymoon. Sucks the day we got off the ship i woke up with a sore throat and my mom now has a cold. we're on a time frame to get better.

I started sneezing Friday night and I now have a cold too!

I'm sick too! It started as a slight sore throat on the drive home Saturday sometime. My daughter had a sore throat the last few days of our cruise but she wasnt affected much. Different story with me. I stayed home from work today and I hope I'm better tomorrow morning.
The last night of the trip one of the bartenders admitted to me that they were getting over a cold. Not saying they spread it but the castmembers arent immune to it.
It was our first cruise and we had a great time though! What really got me was the level of service. It was top notch!

Looks like the sore throat bug was making its way through the ship... my 5 year old got a little hoarse about the third day and said her throat hurt, but didn't let: it spoil her fun.

On the other hand... the 1 year old spent the entire second night of the cruise vomiting. No other symptoms, but after the 8th time we took her down to the infirmary to be checked.
Note: if you decide that you need power aide and can't wait for the new,t port, they sell it for $110 a bottle. We took two. ;-) (it was their charge for bringing her down there and all we got was a 'yep she has a stomach bug -duh- and 2 bottles
Of power aide)

Day 3 the wife kept her in the room so as not to share the love. By the end of day 3 the baby was fine, the wife was vomiting and the big sister had a sore throat.

Day four was dad's turn. I didn't get 'sick', but felt really weak all day.

The baby hadn't been in the nursery yet and big sister hadn't Ben in the kids' clubs... so it had to either come from our room or one of our servers. Not sure but we're hoping that our trip insurance will reimburse us for those bottles of power aide.

That all being said, we had a great cruise! I think we still prefer the magic over the fantasy, but wow this ship was beautiful...and the detective art stuff was very cool!

Thanks to everyone who was able to squeeze us into their FE rounds! :-D. The gifts were really great!

Fred, Shannon, Arden & Ansley.

Count us in for the sick count.

DD had a slight cough most of the week and on Sunday her eye was pink..confirmed today with pink eye. UGH

DH and I both have stuffed heads and I had a cough. My voice is about 1/2way gone, but I feel better.

I seem to always get sick after a trip to Disney, but it didn't happen after our last 2 cruises. Not sure if it's the trip or the airplane. I hate thinking about all those confined germs on a plane.

After the first trip with the kids to WDW (2008), I came home and got VERY sick. I actually had whooping cough! I am glad that this illness seems to be going away and (hopefully) not progressing to that level this time!

DH is on the mend - now it's my turn for the cold. Our server at Remy was coughing - guess we paid a little extra for our colds. ;)

It was all worth every minute, though :goodvibes

DH is on the mend - now it's my turn for the cold. Our server at Remy was coughing - guess we paid a little extra for our colds. ;)

It was all worth every minute, though :goodvibes

WOW!!! Seems like alot of us got some sort of cold . I hope everyone feels better soon. I just went to the dr and he put me, my mom and her husband on a perscription since we're on a tight time frame. It seems that Dayquill and Nyquill didnt work for me this time. Hopefully i wont get sick when i get off the dream. that wont be cool at all.

Feel better soon everyone :grouphug:

:
WOW!!! Seems like alot of us got some sort of cold . I hope everyone feels better soon. I just went to the dr and he put me, my mom and her husband on a perscription since we're on a tight time frame. It seems that Dayquill and Nyquill didnt work for me this time. Hopefully i wont get sick when i get off the dream. that wont be cool at all.

Feel better soon everyone :grouphug:

Count me in. I got seasick the first night and did not made it through dinner. I'm not sure what happened i think the stress of getting all my bags to the ship and lossing my glasses at wdw caught up with me. By the way they were found and now are on thier way home. i though it was super nice that someone from the royal court bought my dinner to my stateroom. Boy was i embrassed by getting sick. but after a good night sleep and some ani sea sick meds i was okay. Had a blast with the stateroom tour and the private taseting. I couldn't belive that i still could walk straight. The one thing i had a promblem with was the photos. They were verry nice but the price was crazy $20.00 per photo was a bit much for me. I wish they could have something like they do at WDW. I just saw them and they are great. Thinking about buying a few. I will be going to WDW in june. I enjoyed all the EF gifts. I thougt i had left my pirate bag from pirate leauge behind but i found it yeserday and shared the gold coins with my DFB. Also i couldn't belive it he did the laundery and dishes while i was gone. He said that he missed me ad called my cell phone enough he knew that the battery had died. I had called him from the resort,he called like four times just to hear my voice. :cheer2: I miss the fantasy.:sad1:

:

Count me in. I got seasick the first night and did not made it through dinner. I'm not sure what happened i think the stress of getting all my bags to the ship and lossing my glasses at wdw caught up with me. By the way they were found and now are on thier way home. i though it was super nice that someone from the royal court bought my dinner to my stateroom. Boy was i embrassed by getting sick. but after a good night sleep and some ani sea sick meds i was okay. Had a blast with the stateroom tour and the private taseting. I couldn't belive that i still could walk straight. The one thing i had a promblem with was the photos. They were verry nice but the price was crazy $20.00 per photo was a bit much for me. I wish they could have something like they do at WDW. I just saw them and they are great. Thinking about buying a few. I will be going to WDW in june. I enjoyed all the EF gifts. I thougt i had left my pirate bag from pirate leauge behind but i found it yeserday and shared the gold coins with my DFB. Also i couldn't belive it he did the laundery and dishes while i was gone. He said that he missed me ad called my cell phone enough he knew that the battery had died. I had called him from the resort,he called like four times just to hear my voice. :cheer2: I miss the fantasy.:sad1:

Im sorry you got sick the 1st night. and that you lost your glasses but im glad they were found and now on their way home to you. I know i agree i think the price for pictures are insanely high we usually take a picture of the picture haha. Or we have it on our camera since they take the same picture for you except for the coming onboard picture. I miss the fantasy too. I had a blast but im definitely happy to be home. I have alot to do in a short period of time. Awww thats so sweet. my fiance missed me too. He actually wished me a happy birthday twice and since ive been home he's called me in the morning and before bed when we usta just talk before bed now its before he goes into work too. and he calls me over and over and over again if i dont answer until he realizes i might just be sleeping haha. i woke up one day to 2 texts from him and 4 missed calls. in a 5 minute time frame.

I didn't come across this thread until right now, but Lynn and I had the best time on this cruise. I would like to give a shout out to Sheika, Robert, Christina, Ignatious, Agus, Jose, and Alberto for some of the best entertainment and service that I believe I have ever received in my entire life. There were others, but those were the people that I saw the most and remember the most. A big thanks to the entire fantasy staff for making our first cruise the best I have ever had. I have no desire to go on any other cruise line.

We got back late last night after some crazy thunder storms in FL. delayed our flight for about 90 minutes.
We had a great cruise and stay at Kidani village. I would just like to thank Paul for the cabin tour and everyone for letting us in your cabins for a look see.:thumbsup2 it was a fun time.

Thanks too Alisia and Darcy for setting up the mixology class that was a ton of fun!
It was great meeting up with all of you and I hope we can meet up again on another cruise some day.

Anyone doing a trip report?

Here you go gang! Please right click, save as to save to your computer! :goodvibes

It's also on Facebook where you can add a tag which should share the photo on your wall!:thumbsup2

FFTTFGroupPhoto.jpg

Nice picture! great group of folks :thumbsup2
Thanks for having a CM take it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter