September 2014 Discount Watch!

I'm hoping for a late September, early October trip. If we can get free dining or a room discount then we will be set. Holding out for now. Called today but no PIN codes for us.

I just joined this thread because we just decided to move our May trip to Sept. last week. Anyway, I called today and I had a pin code!:cool1:
The last few years I have called and checked for pins but they always said no. When the CM said yes you have one, I said "are you sure?" :lmao: I couldn't believe it! Needless to say, we are super excited! :cool1:

I just joined this thread because we just decided to move our May trip to Sept. last week. Anyway, I called today and I had a pin code!:cool1: The last few years I have called and checked for pins but they always said no. When the CM said yes you have one, I said "are you sure?" :lmao: I couldn't believe it! Needless to say, we are super excited! :cool1:
Free dining?

Free dining?

No it was the room only. 25% off moderates, 35% off deluxe, can't remember what the values got. It was good for dates through 9/27. We were torn between POR and AKL when the CM told me the 35% included AKL (it seems like it usually gets a smaller % than the other deluxe resorts), we went with that. It saved us exactly $1 more than free dining would have. :rotfl: We were hoping for free dining but this is just as good!

Guys, be careful booking ahead of time in hopes for a discount. Disney offers things like free dining in response to low demand. If everyone is booking rooms, Disney has less incentive to offer these deals. I saw this happen during a recent room only discount when Riverside and All Star Movies were excluded due to high bookings.

Remember, there is no upside to booking early if you're wanting a discount. You still have to call on the day it's offered and your resort still has to show availability. In some cases, people have had to switch resorts since their resort didn't have remaining availability.

I've been doing this for years and the more people book up rooms ahead of time, the less likely Disney will extend deals like free dining to the public.

:thumbsup2

Count me in! We're considering a late September trip.

I called today and no pin...Ugh! We are going in Mid Sept and usually stay at the Poly, but with all the construction and pool shut down trying to figure out where else to book. Would be happy with FD or Room Discount, but FD would probably save us more...

Are discounts for September usually announced between March and May? I am waiting to book till they are released, but I am planning this trip for my family plus three other family groups. So we are all attempting to wait oh so patiently.

I just received an email PIN for up to 35% off that covered dates from 8/23-9/27. Not sure it will go public, but ther is a change right?

I called about a BB offer ( we were there Sept 2013) and Audra called me back and we played phone tag for weeks. Well, I finally got her last week and she gave me free dining for Sept. 6-12. total for DH and I is $1890 POFQ Garden view, 6 day park tickets, and free dining. She also let me book March 3-8, 2014 with a free dining pin (the Promo had ended already) - total for DH and myself staying at POFQ, 6 day park tickets, and free dining $2027. I think I got a little pixie dust! pixiedust:

:thumbsup2

Count me in! We're considering a late September trip.

So, I posted this yesterday and got an email last night with two pin codes. :lmao:The up 35% off discount and the Free Dining until March.

Not going to work for us.:crazy2: Free dining in September will be what we're looking for. :scratchin

Count me in on FD watch for September. Right now we are booked at universal in October. And even though I swore it would be a Disney-free vacation, we decided that if Disney announced FD for September.....we will split it 5 days and 5 days, and move it up to September. So Disney.....:rolleyes1

I get not everyone gets the pins, but with going twice in the past 3 years, ordering the planning dvd, having trips in my "shopping cart I still get ZILCH! :furious:I have gone about 20 times since 1996 I just don't get it... You would think with all the updating they do with the parks and systems the way they do discounts would be updated as well. Sorry.... venting..... it's frustrating when some get 4 pins a year and don't use any.... and there are some of us who do not get a single one and would love them!:confused:

I am with you. Have been going every year since 2002, sometimes more than once, and have never got one yet!!!

This is sort of related, but I had budgeted out our vacation for September, gotten one price, did it again today and it was significantly less expensive. Looked at the hotel prices and they dropped $25/night at Pop Century and $45/night at most moderates!

I just had to switch weeks for vacation in Sept. (cost me 50 more bucks ughh) hoping for free dining :)

I hope you all find something!!! We are planning a trip in the first two weeks of September as a girls getaway, my mom, myself and my nan, 3 generations to celebrate my 30th bday and my grandmothers 77th bday!!! Here's hoping for some Disney magic between now and then!

I got a pin today!!! Beyond excited 1st time ever!!! It's does have a discount for September but a room discount only - I'm still holding out for free dining for sept.

We have a trip booked for the 2nd week of Sept. My sister's family wants to come too but only if there is free dining.

So I guess im on the watch list!:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter