September 2014 car rental watch

auger

DIS Veteran
OK, since I haven't seen a thread for September car rentals yet, I figured I would get one going.
Anybody find any really great deals yet?
So far, everything seems kind-of high, but I did find a late night deal last week for a seven day minivan rental through Costco with Budget for only $189.

Keeping my eyes open and hoping for some better pricing.

Please post your finds and remember to post the applicable codes as well!!

Please do not post any codes that require a paid membership, such as Costco, BJ's, AAA, Entertainment Book, etc.
These codes are only supposed to be used by people who have paid the membership fee and are entitled to use them.

I will no longer repost codes in the first thread, because I am having too much trouble determining where some of them are coming from.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have been looking the last few weeks not expecting to get any deals yet for out trip Sept 17-27th and just as I suspected I have not found any deals yet. I am glad you started this thread as it will allow me to see what others are finding.

:thumbsup2. Count me in, we go every Sept. ..book an early ressie and usually rebook at a lower rate about two days before our trip starts. Sept 11-20 .

I have been looking the last few weeks not expecting to get any deals yet for out trip Sept 17-27th and just as I suspected I have not found any deals yet. I am glad you started this thread as it will allow me to see what others are finding.

Welcome aboard!!!

:thumbsup2. Count me in, we go every Sept. ..book an early ressie and usually rebook at a lower rate about two days before our trip starts. Sept 11-20 .

Glad to have you join us!!!
We go every September, too.
This year we will be staying Sep 10-17.
We do the same thing with booking early and changing when the price drops.

This time, we need two vehicles for the 8 adults in our group, one of which will be using a scooter.
So I am really hoping for some better prices.

One thing we are willing to do, if it will get us a better price, is to ride DME to WDW and pick a car up at one of the rental locations around WDW.

Right now, Budget gives a much lower price for pick up at the Irlo Bronson location and dropping off either there or MCO.

But with the price I got on the minivans, I am holding onto that for now!

I'm subbing. I haven't booked anything because everything seems so high still. I suppose it's still too early. We always rent a car because we enjoy the freedom. I'll post if I get any good deals.

Looking for a deal as well. Right now I have a premium reserved with Budget for $250 for the week, we paid $160 for the premium last year with Alamo so hoping it comes down a bit!

My trip isn't til the end of September but I really hoping to pay under 120 for the week. Has anyone used priceline bids to get their car rental?

Hello!

I'm on cusp of this thread, as we are vacationing from Sept. 30 to Oct. 7, so maybe I'll start the October thread, but here's a code to get you guys started for National.

It's not the best rate you may get, but it should get you a booking as a last resort that isn't obscene.

The code is 8572130. It's for Flying Blue, which is the frequent flyer program for Air France/KLM. It's free to join, but try the code first to make sure it gives you a decent rate. I'll join only if it's the reservation I end up using.

My rate from MCO for the week is $232.14 (emerald aisle), but I also have a BJ's coupon in there (NDA2324BR). Also, I have an extra day tacked on due to an early arrival and late departure. As stated, I hope to go much lower, but it's a start. Happy hunting!

Hello!

I'm on cusp of this thread, as we are vacationing from Sept. 30 to Oct. 7, so maybe I'll start the October thread, but here's a code to get you guys started for National.

It's not the best rate you may get, but it should get you a booking as a last resort that isn't obscene.

The code is 8572130. It's for Flying Blue, which is the frequent flyer program for Air France/KLM. It's free to join, but try the code first to make sure it gives you a decent rate. I'll join only if it's the reservation I end up using.

My rate from MCO for the week is $232.14 (emerald aisle), but I also have a BJ's coupon in there (NDA2324BR). Also, I have an extra day tacked on due to an early arrival and late departure. As stated, I hope to go much lower, but it's a start. Happy hunting!

I believe I saw an October thread already. :thumbsup2

So far I've found a costco Budget rate a week or so ago for 9 day rental sept 11-20 for $268. It was gone a day later :worried:

I believe I saw an October thread already. :thumbsup2

So far I've found a costco Budget rate a week or so ago for 9 day rental sept 11-20 for $268. It was gone a day later :worried:

If you are a Costco member, then play with the times and dates a bit.
When I got the $189 minivan rate, I actually had to put in a drop off time that was an hour to an hour and a half shy of the 24hr mark.
Iow, for a week long rental, I had to put it as a 6 day and 22 1/2 - 23 hr rental.
When I strayed outside that window, it doubled the price.

I also noticed that if you are willing/able to ride DME to WDW, then pick up at Budget's Irlo Bronson location for your car, They are quite a bit lower.
You can do the return at Irlo or MCO for the same price.

Joining this thread!

We will be renting a car for only a portion of our stay - we're arriving on Saturday and driving to Tampa and back for the day on Monday. Haven't decided if we should rent when we arrive Sat and just return it Monday, or if we should just return it Monday.

I found a great deal on E-Z Rental Cars - has anyone heard of this? It popped up through Kayak while I was searching last night. Around $17/day for just a car (there's only 2 of us).

Joining this thread!

We will be renting a car for only a portion of our stay - we're arriving on Saturday and driving to Tampa and back for the day on Monday. Haven't decided if we should rent when we arrive Sat and just return it Monday, or if we should just return it Monday.

I found a great deal on E-Z Rental Cars - has anyone heard of this? It popped up through Kayak while I was searching last night. Around $17/day for just a car (there's only 2 of us).

Heard of EZ, but never rented from them. Try doing a search on here. I know I have seen many ppl asking questions about them.

I saw your thread about what to do for your car rental.
Do you have a Costco membership?
Right now, with Costco membership, you can rent (I think an intermediate car) for $22 for a one-day rental from Alamo at the WDW Car Care Center, or a full for $28.
The price is only good for a one-day rental, but it sounds like that is all you actually need.

Joining in! We have one night before a 3 day cruise and then 6 nights in Disney. I started pricing just getting a car for the entire time but prices are crazy!

I'm joining in too! We have a 3 day cruise then 8 days at Disney. We were able to book a minivan from Budget from MCO to the Port for $70 using code S208200. I know that's not awesome for one day, but considering the Disney transfer was going to be $210, I'm ok with that. Now I just need to find a decent rate for post cruise!

Has anyone found any codes for September they are willing to share? I have not found any good rates or codes thus far.

I am guessing only the few that have been mentioned are going to get you the best deal right now.
It's still pretty early for any great deals, but it's always worth having the thread up and running in. Ate one happens along.
So far the Costco member codes, BJs member codes, and KLM code are all that have been mentioned.
I watch everyday for anything new to pop.
Just stay patient; our time will come!!! :thumbsup2

Joining in on the September rental code watch....

We drive to Disney, instead of flying.

Right now, we have a 2.5 week car rental booked through Costco for around $600. We haven't rented a car for our trips in a couple of years, and I was shocked at how high some of the prices are right now. We're really hoping that these rates drop before our trip, or we might just decide to use our car instead of renting.

Hello!

I don't know about you, but the BJ's cpn doesn't take the $30 off for me. It is probably a cpn that must be used in conjunction with the BJ's corp code.
I am getting the same rate with just the KLM code as I am with both.

FWIW, to anyone using the KLM code, the rate did drop a little bit last night.
It is now $222, rather than $232, for the same length of time.
For a one week rental (taking off the extra hours) it is only $194. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the heads up on the KLM code. It dropped my rate by $30 from my previous KLM number.

I am at $309 for a fullsize for a week and 3 days. I am still hoping rates drop more as we get closer but at least I can live with this number if I had to.

:wave2:

Hi Everyone! We are going to WDW Aug 30-Sept 9. It's our favorite week to go to the parks...I am praying that it's as slow as it has been in the past!

I will be on the hunt for a minivan for the first time...it will be 4-5 adults and my DD who will be 14 months. If it's just 4 adults and the car seat we could possibly squeeze into a full size, but that just doesn't sound comfortable.

I've usually been able to get a one week rental for a full size for $150-200 for a week...I am of course expecting to pay more for a van. I usually find the best deals in July or early August for going Labor Day week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter