September 2012

:goodvibes australiankaren:goodvibes hope you get the dates you want

:rolleyes1This is my plan so far unless i change my mind a few dozen times

July 16 Perth to Dallas :confused3not sure whether to stay overnight and then fly to LA
July 17 - 30 San Diego maybe 4 days Legoland and SeaWorld
3 Days LA, 7/8 days DL

Aug 1 DH and DS16 fly in To Dallas so we need to be back there or St Louis then.
Aug 3/4 sprintcars St Louis
Aug 6-11 Knoxville Sprintcars
Aug 12-13 Knoxville just in case of rain days
Aug 13 - 22 Yellowstone Mount Rushmore and anything else we can fit in on the way
Aug 23 DH and DS16 fly home from Dallas
We will head to Houston
Aug 27 5 night cruise from Galveston
Back to Houston til 5th then back to Dallas to fly home on the 6th September
I was going to try fit in San Francisco but don't know where i would squeeze it in.

Thanks...i got the dates and room i wanted so very happy girl i am:banana:

we too are having trouble fitting in all the places we want to go.....and san fran is also giving me grief, its a must do on the DH's list, so I have to wedge it in....

my plans that are giving me grief...
syd-lax-Las Vegas
las vegas- 3 nights
Las vegas-Orlando...Pop/BLT 10 nights
drive from orlando to somewhere then fly to texas somewhere 2 nights
texas somewhere 3 nights
san fran 5 nights
LA 1 night
then home

so have the beginning and end, and WDW sorted but the rest is a right old mess.....and i HATE mess:headache:

Anyway, total trip is around 4 weeks, although I'm telling DH its around 24 days give or take:rotfl:

Our plans are a pretty much fixed down. I've worked out where we want to stay in OC, we'll rent an apartment within walking distance of Disneyland. Still hovering around over a couple of apartments in San Diego, around La Jolla, down to Mission Beach area. So it's

8th Sept - PPQ/AKL/LAX
8th Sept arrive - stay somewhere near LAX for the night, thanks to the Aussie Disboards people DH is listening to advice on this one.
9th - 15 or 16th - San Diego area
16th - 23rd - Disneyland area
23- 30th Disney Wonder Pacific cruise
30th - day room at the Hilton before we fly back to NZ that night.

Hoping for four days at Disneyland. Have worked DH up from two days to three but think with two nearly five year olds that four days is more realistic (they are not big daredevils but think Carsland is built just for them). Also interested going out to Santa Monica/Venice Beach and a drive around Hollywood. Was going to do Catalina Island but then realised it'd be a disapointment for me having been to some beautiful islands around the world and the kids would be seriously bored.

In San Diego there is so much for us to do I could seriously spend two weeks there. Legoland will take us a couple of days, The Midway, the trams etc etc and for rainy days there's the Children's Museum. I've just got to plan the Legoland days carefully as they are closed a couple of days a week in September. Tossing up SeaWorld (we didn't do SeaWorld in Aus as the kids were too small) or the San Diego Zoo - kids like that sort of thing. Was thinking about a trip down to Mexico for the day but I haven't read too many positive things about it from San Diego.

So I got the main bits, need to sort the beds out and have a list for each place of 'to dos' as we are a bit fluid with the kids deciding they just want to go to the beach instead of XYZ on any given day.

We will be there in Sept 2012. :cool1::cool1: At this stage we'll be a week in OC, a week in San Diego and a week on the Disney Wonder. I wanted a week in Mexico but it's looking unlikely. I think we've sorted out where we are staying - it's now filling in the days with activities. Anyone been to Catalina Is with young kids, thinking that might be an idea for a day trip.

Just catching up on this thread.

I went to Catalina Is with DS10 in May 2010. In my siggie, there will be a link to the May TR. Catalina was at the start of the trip; and there should be an index in the second post or so.

It was great...but $$$. I will definitely love to head back. Lots to see and do for $$$$, if you like the outdoor, quiet village thing.

Well we are definites now, looking at leaving mid-ish-September and returning start of October. The plan is to be away for the Sept/Oct school holidays and a few days the last week of school, but it may change depending on how much flights are.

The plan has changed about 20 times already, we were considering Las Vegas, then just Disneyland, then San Francisco and the drive down the coast to DL, then adding Yosemite to that - but now my mother-in-law has said she'd like to come along and she's really keen for Las Vegas.

So the plan now is:

Fly Syd - LAX - Las Vegas

Spend 3 to 4 nights in Las Vegas. Keep changing my mind on the hotel - was thinking Mirage, then Bellagio, now The Palazzo, which will probably change again. Too many to choose from.

Am tossing up over the Grand Canyon, would love to see it, but a day trip would be a really long day for the kids (especially the one who will be not quite 4). We thought about hiring a car and staying overnight then driving to DL but the drive from GC to DL is 8 hours which is too long.

Drive from Las Vegas to DL - for 11 nights. WIll probably stay at Paradise Pier as it's cheaper than the other 2 DL hotels and apparently the rooms are a little larger. Will need 2 rooms if MIL comes along.

When at DL we'll probably do 1 day at Knotts Berry Farm (DH is keen) and me and the girls will do a coach tour of movie star homes and shopping. We did Universal and Sea World in 2007 and our youngest is still too small for Universal so will give them a miss this time.

So we'll have 8 full days and 2 part days at DL!! May sound like a lot but I want time to take it a bit easy and not have to cram it all in and exhaust ourselves like we did in 2007. I want us to have time to spend by the pool if we're hot and tired, or let the kids spend an afternoon on Tom Sawyer Island or in the animation building if they want.

Yesterday the kids were talking about the favourite parts of our trip and they were talking about how they would love to spend more time in New York which got me to thinking;)
So i have been looking things up today and i think i will fly to NY on the 23rd of August when DH heads home and go on a 5 day cruise from there to Canada instead and then spend another 3 days in NY then head to Houston.
All just a thought at the moment but reading battymums, bussy busy's and jade+3's trip reports just reinforces for me how much i want to go back there:rotfl:
This is all dependent on Qantas not going broke of course :scared1: just had coffee with a friend who kindly pointed out to me that Qantas could go broke from this :scared1::scared1::scared1:

We're doing DLP in Sept 2012.

After 3 years in a row of WDW I thought we'd venture further afield.

I was one of the first guests through the gate of what was then Euro Disney in 1992 - would like to see how it has all changed.

We are thinking November 2012.....baylake tower one week standard one bedroom and AKL Savannah view the second week. Has anyone been in November? What is the weather and the crowds like? When we went late Sept last year it was just so humid, I hope that November is a little less humid?

We are thinking November 2012.....baylake tower one week standard one bedroom and AKL Savannah view the second week. Has anyone been in November? What is the weather and the crowds like? When we went late Sept last year it was just so humid, I hope that November is a little less humid?

You are going to love BLT 1 bed ......we loved it.

we have only traveled sept, oct and dec.......december is a bit colder at night, and mild in the day..so maybe nov will be similar..although they have snow up the coast now in new york, so who knows???

go to http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Orlando+FL+USFL0372
in orlando and see what the weather is now.

Thanks for the picture Karen...oh I am spending my days disney dreaming and we still have a whole year to wait! Also I PM you Karen.

Thanks for the picture Karen...oh I am spending my days disney dreaming and we still have a whole year to wait!:rotfl2: Also I PM you Karen.:flower3:

Wow - you guys are quick in planning your next trip - I am still getting over the last one - I cant get in the swing of planning anything for next Sept yet - (we have to stick to school hols now)

Next holiday will be 2013 for us - (maybe April as DD will be HSC year so Sept will not be good that year)

hey there

yep...we plan 12 months out..as this is my DH's annual holidays & I like to be organised....

and planning is half the fun:surfweb:

Well done to those aleardy booked for next year. We are looking at 2013. :mad:Possibly hawaii sept 2012, no disney. So sad .

hey
how crazy is this..we are at pop 13-17 sept then BLT 17-23 sept...so we miss you by one day....

BLT are awesome.....i have some photos posted on my trip report of our room etc if you want to have a look.....your going to LOVE contemporary..my fav resort....and BLT is attached to contemporary so we get monorail access as well :)

Oh my gosh that is crazy with our dates!! I will be sure to check out your photos - thanks for that!!

ok

so now instead of us doing texas for a week, we may spend 8 days driving up the coast from orlando to atlanta...spending a few days at different places...savannah, jacksonville, augusta, atlanta:confused3...help...has anyone been to these places????

so now its:
6 days san fran - napa valley, wine tours, DH dive

4 days Pop- universal studios/ outlet /blizzard beach & hopefully free dining

6 days Bay Lake Tower - parks and pool hop

8 days meandering thru Florida/ Georgia..maybe even stay hilton head/vero beach [thank god for our GPS, so no drama with my crappy map reading]

and please god, can we get a car for the entire 18 days like this.....

4 days Las vegas- staying Excalibur, I can get $38 rates for this time of year..SCORE!!!!
then home

welcome mama, yes it is very normal with people on DIS. 1 year gives you so much time to enjoy the planning and anticipation.

Hi mama, of course its normal.....half the fun is planning and counting down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter