September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurie! Sorry to hear about your injury, and hope it heals up soon. Tell Q we'll be cheering her on from New Jersey!!! :cheer2:

There will be so many PC cruisers at DL next weekend for the marathon. Give them all hugs from Georgie and Joe!:grouphug:

Oh...Georgie! How are you?? I hope you and Joe are well and enjoying your castle near the mouse house!

We are excited to see everyone next weekend...and we'll be sure to forward hugs from you and Joe! Q still has the luggage tags you made from the PC cruise on her princess luggage. (So do Mommy & Daddy!)

All our best,
Laurie & Michael

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know Tracy's mom passed away this afternoon, at home with family and friends around her.

Oh Tracy......I'm so sorry

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Bill and your family.:grouphug:

Tracy you have our deepest condolences, and you and Bill along with the rest of your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Mike and Kathy

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know Tracy's mom passed away this afternoon, at home with family and friends around her.

Hello everyone.. Jenn here!
I talked to Tracy a little bit ago, she is doing as well as one could expect. It will be a rough couple days thats for sure. Services for her Mom are going to be a visitation on Sunday night and a service on Monday. The funeral home is Feldner-Ritchay in Nekoosa, WI. In lieu of flowers they are requesting any donations go to the UW Cancer Center in Wisconsin Rapids. If anyone needs her address to send a card, PM me. Hope everyone has a great night...:angel: :angel:

Good Morning All,

Training Report for 082507 morning:

Lynn – 6 miles at a 15 min pace. (She can edit for exact #’s as she is in the shower)

Scott – 10.65 miles, time 2:13.02 min, pace 12:29, Calories 1722. Look out DL Here we come!!!

I scored a Nike + Ipod, a sensor attaches to your shoe, and keeps track of your work out, a very nice lady tells me my time, distance, and pace, when I press the button. $29 not bad and it works well, tested it against Lynn Garmin Forunner, yesterday and they were very very close, like .001 difference.

Looks to be a nice day here, hope you guys in the mid west get some heat and rain relief.

Off to the Farmers Mkt, there is a bakery that is on par with the best patisseries I have found in France and Epcot. I deserve a Ham and Cheese Croissant. Will fill the thermos with Tanzania coffee, time for a shower.

Lauire, Don't listen to Peter. There will not be a pole dancing class- there are no suitable poles....it's a long story.

Happy Late Birthday Mike!

DCL Press Release: The Disney Magic is steaming to Norfolk, VA, for a special retrofit of dancing poles. The retrofit is the result of guest demand, says Tom McAlpin, "the many letters, which were received from the greater Chicago Area, indicated a strong guest interest in this new activity". Strangly the hand writing seems similar and all letters were sealed with medical tape indicating they were sent from someone in the medical profession. Film at 11:00.

Lauire, Don't listen to Peter. There will not be a pole dancing class- there are no suitable poles....it's a long story.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and here I was all ready to sign up!!!!!

DCL Press Release: The Disney Magic is steaming to Norfolk, VA, for a special retrofit of dancing poles. The retrofit is the result of guest demand, says Tom McAlpin, "the many letters, which were received from the greater Chicago Area, indicated a strong guest interest in this new activity". Strangly the hand writing seems similar and all letters were sealed with medical tape indicating they were sent from someone in the medical profession. Film at 11:00.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

P.S. Happy belated birthday Mike!!!!

No need to worry Celeste, there are tons of poles along deck 9 that support deck 10. Pole dancing lessons will commence by the pools.

Thanks for the wishes Elaine, eh. Mike

ok all you divers ...

Saturation Diving

During deep diving, a diver breathes a mixture of gases (compressed air or a combination of helium and oxygen; or helium, oxygen and nitrogen) at a pressure higher than that of air at the surface. As the diver breathes, a certain amount of nitrogen from compressed air is dissolved in the lungs. From the lungs, the blood carries this additional nitrogen to all the body's tissues. This condition can become potentially dangerous. Researchers discovered that in order to release nitrogen from the body safely, a deep-sea diver has to come to the surface slowly, a process known as "decompression." In general, the deeper or longer a diver is underwater, the longer it takes for the diver to decompress safely.

Imagine spending 45 to 60 days in a Sat tank...
that is what, is going on around here...;)

I am learning alot on this Marine project verses the land projects I have done in the past...

here are some new names I have learned ovr the past couple of weeks..

Linda ~~ Drive's the Roach Coach

Horison Offshore Construction.

Cal dive Int.

Canyon ~~~ Rov's these are really kewl. at 3 million each!
we have 2 ...

Fugros Chance marine surveyors.

Yesterday we had a foreign flagged Vessel come into port, It was under the Yellow Flag most of the Day!! Until numerous agencies completed there inspections.

Name, Texas Horizon.. Port Vila, Mexico.

another thing I have learned is that Local 25 Covers most off shore workers.

ok later.... Peter

Pop Quiz, What Law applies to your above infromation about decompression???? Bonus, what was one of the first names for Decompression Sickness (DCS)???

Pop Quiz, What Law applies to your above infromation about decompression???? Bonus, what was one of the first names for Decompression Sickness (DCS)???

Caisson's disease or the bends. Boyles law, maybe. Mike

caisson's disease was first experienced by the sand hogs as they worked in the coffer dams below water lever erecting the piers for bridges and such in NY. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter