September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great day, Thanks guys for the wishes, hey that would make a great name for a fireworks show, LOL

TTFN, off to a park or two today......

BethE said:
Hi Celeste,

Welcome back - I know how it is to be absolutely buried with work and other committments.

I got Tracy's email about the addresses, just no time to reply right now, since every moment with Harry is precious to me. He goes home on Wednesday, so you might hear more from me after that.

Ditto to your comments to Scott and Lynn, and Dianna!

The name of the company that provides the medical services on the Wonder is Vanter Cruise Health Services. They did x-ray my arm with their portable x-ray machine and even showed it to me when I refused to believe my arm was not broken. I didn't see anything either. But then I'm not trained to recognize a broken bone in an x-ray. The x-ray taken at the walk-in clinic didn't show it either, although the shoulder area was pretty dark. Of course the MRI showed it, and then the x-rays taken at the orthopedic clinic on Oct 7th showed it clearly (along with the 3 tendon tears). By then it was starting to heal some. It's feeling better every day, so I'm encouraged.

I don't want to sue anyone, but I will be writing to DCL and asking for some restitution as I am sure there was something on the tile floor that caused the fall, and the vacation I had planned for for 13 months was effectively ruined, not to mention the pain and suffering I've experienced since the cruise.

I still love Disney and DCL and I do know that accidents happen, but I feel that my accident was preventable! If only I had walked another way on my way to the restroom and not stepped off the carpet exactly were I did -- none of this would have happened.

Beth

The fact that they showed you your own x-ray trying to prove it wasn't broken kills me. :lmao: They only way most people can tell there is an obvious break would be if the bone was bluntly broken in half- most breaks show as little dark lines or dimples on the x-ray, which is difficult to see unless you really, really know what you are looking at. That is why they have rads read then- they take years and years learning to do so. It would be interesting to see if they had your xray read by a radiologist. (those weird guys sitting in the dark rooms in the basement of the hospital) I am actually taking my diagnostic class next quarter, so I am looking to improve my x-ray reading skills. Currently I can tell you if someone has excessive amounts of gas in their bowels, is intubated and if the tube is close to where it should be, has a feeding tube, a bowel obstruction, a dropped lung, a chest tube, or an excessively large heart- but those are all pretty easy. I remember when Noah broke his arm and wondering how they knew that little line was a break and not something else- it was a buckle fracture.

Minimally, I would ask that you send a copy of the letter you send to DCL to the company that hired the physician- so they know an error was made.

Enjoy your time with Harry, you deserve it and I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Enjoy yourselves! (feel free to email me latter in the week to be added to the list)

Happy late birthday Scott!!! party:

Hope you had a great time with Linda!

Hope having you and Lynn are enjoying some stress free time!

Hope that everyone is having a great weekend. Kathy and I are awaiting the birth of our second grandchild. She is due on the 21st of November. It will be our son and his wife's first child. Looks like grandpa will be baby sitting when little Phoenix's mom goes back to work. A man's work is never done. :lmao: :rotfl2: Mike

papa said:
Hope that everyone is having a great weekend. Kathy and I are awaiting the birth of our second grandchild. She is due on the 21st of November. It will be our son and his wife's first child. Looks like grandpa will be baby sitting when little Phoenix's mom goes back to work. A man's work is never done. :lmao: :rotfl2: Mike

Grandkids are great aren't they Mike?

Not sure about that fulltime babysitting though. :scared1:

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Think we did. :thumbsup2

Big event was Lee's niece's wedding. Nicely done.
And get this Debbie (EpcotKilterFan) the Groom and his menfolk were dressed in Kilts.
And no Scott, they did not serve Haggis at the reception. Was a "Polish Buffet". Sausage, chicken, potatoes and noodles. Quite good.
Cake was great too. None of that foo foo modern cake. This was a real cake with real icing (butter and sugar).

Everyone have a great Halloween and a great week.
(halloween pics wednesday)

BobandLee said:
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Think we did. :thumbsup2

Big event was Lee's niece's wedding. Nicely done.
And get this Debbie (EpcotKilterFan) the Groom and his menfolk were dressed in Kilts.
And no Scott, they did not serve Haggis at the reception. Was a "Polish Buffet". Sausage, chicken, potatoes and noodles. Quite good.
Cake was great too. None of that foo foo modern cake. This was a real cake with real icing (butter and sugar).

Everyone have a great Halloween and a great week.
(halloween pics wednesday)

Hope that it wasn't too windy after the wedding Bob. Wind and kilts don't mix :lmao: :rotfl2:

papa said:
Hope that it wasn't too windy after the wedding Bob. Wind and kilts don't mix :lmao: :rotfl2:
We also had a saturday night wedding!!

Was Awesome!

Mike what is on the Menu this eve.......

Chatted with Scott a bit .................. Havin a relaxing time at the world! :)

Even offered up the Floor in his Unit !!! :rotfl2:
for this weekend! :sad2: :lmao:

Homemade salad with roasted chicken.

Might even start a pot of home chili to munch on in the next few days.

If you have any left over chili, take a flour tortilla lay it on a plate, cover it with chili, lettuce, diced onions, diced tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese. Great way to get rid of leftovers.

Happy Halloween to everyone. Mike

poohbear926 said:
I was wondering if there is a way or site to find others that were on a previous cruise with you?

Not sure if I know what you mean L, there is a roster on page 1 of this thread if that helps????

Mackey Mouse said:
www.marshantiques.com/birthday.jpg

I wish I knew how to just post this as a picture but I am so computer bad....anyhow, does anyone look familiar in this picture??
birthday.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter