Not open for further replies.
Good morning Cruisers!

SS2005.gif
We sail in 13 days!
SS2005.gif

12 days until:
the first DIS meet ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
bon boyage party :thewave:
and pirate scavenger hunt pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip Of The Day

Get ready to smile and say Disney! One of the best souvenirs you'll come home with will be pictures. It starts right before you enter the ship as you pose before a dated backdrop (they had a special sign for the last Member Cruise wonder if they will at this one too). In addition they have backdrops out every night to have pictures taken in front of. So come down early before dinner, find the one you like best and get in line for a family picture.

Here's a tip - did you know you can have Christmas Cards made on the ship using one of your pictures? What a great way to show family and friends the fun you had on the Member Cruise!

We are coming in the home stretch now!! :cheer2:

Cindy, I read your sentimental post about what are we going to do after this is all over? As I was telling Stacy on Saturday, I'm hoping for another Member Cruise next year! :rotfl:

For us to drive it would be $350. That doesn't include tolls, which would be at least another $25, probably closer to $30. Our airfare cost us $320, plus it extended our vacation by 2 days because I goofed and booked the day we were leaving and returning as if we were driving, allowing for the 20+ hour ride, when it's actually like 2 1/2! :cool1:

cgcw said:
Way back in 1982, I lived in the Terrace Apartments. A long, long time ago when I lived another life (that would be with my ex right after we were married).

Just another of those strange twilight zone moments! :teeth:
Definitely a twilight zone moment!! Where's that music?????

Tip of the day question. It's probably been answered here at least once but I don't remember reading about it.

Are pictures sold individually or as a package. If packages, does anyone know what the packages are? Same pictures, combination of multiple pictures. I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

I'm thinking about the packages that come home with the kids school packages in them. Just how many of the same picture do we need? For us, with the little bit of family we have to share our pictures with, it just doesn't make sense. But if I can mix and match pictures to make a package, that would be great.

I'm sure someone know. Thanks. :daisy:

Cindy,

Pictures are 6 x 8 for the candids and 8 x 10 for the formal (staged) photo's.

You can buy a package that lets you get a set number of 6 x 8's for a price (not sure what price).

Then you can also buy the Christmas Cards.

Hope this helps.

WDWLVR said:
Cindy,

Pictures are 6 x 8 for the candids and 8 x 10 for the formal (staged) photo's.

You can buy a package that lets you get a set number of 6 x 8's for a price (not sure what price).

Then you can also buy the Christmas Cards.

Hope this helps.

It does, thanks, Mary.

If we had to buy several of each pose, I'd have no choice but to share them with my DIS friends. :p Just what everyone wants.....a dart board of my family! :rotfl2:

cgcw said:
Are pictures sold individually or as a package. If packages, does anyone know what the packages are? Same pictures, combination of multiple pictures. I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

My memory isn't what it used to be...Ok, ok, it's never been good...now it's worse....
Don't quote me on the EXACT prices, but they are somewhere in these ranges...
You could buy a single picture (6x8) for about $10. Or you can get a package.... if you buy a package of about 10 pictures, it's about $80 or so. They have even bigger packages if you're so inclined to get them. You can also buy one or two pictures at full price, then later if you find that you want to upgrade to the package, you can bring in your receipts and they'll credit you those single pictures. OR, buy the package, but then find you don't find 10 pictures you want, they'll go back and credit you the package and just charge you the single price. They are NOT packages like school pictures (100 pictures of the same pose)

You'll see Shutters camera men all over the ship (including IN the pool, UNDER water! --one of them fell into the Goofy pool on the 10 day....camera and all!) Hunt them down if you want more pictures to be able to chose from.

WARNING....Shutters gets very busy before and after dinners.

HINT....Buy the official DCL frame for 6X8 pictures. It's cool, plus, 6x8 is not a standard picture size so finding a 6x8 frame is tricky. Went through Michaels, Joannes, Hobby Lobby, etc etc and couldn't find one. Finally just waited until the next cruise and bought two.

TECHNICALITY....you WILL be able to buy pictures while in port on disembarkation day. Shutters will be open early in the morning. It will be the ONLY gift shop open b/c of their port rules. BUT....you will only be able to buy pictures....NOT frames or any sort of other merchandise they have there. THAT is why we didn't get a 6x8 frame on the first cruise....figured we'd wait until morning and get it......WRONG!!!!!!

HTH, and again, don't quote my prices...

WDWLVR said:

You and me both!!! ;)

Ok, seriously....off to get ready for the day!!!

ohiominnie said:
My memory isn't what it used to be...Ok, ok, it's never been good...now it's worse....
Don't quote me on the EXACT prices, but they are somewhere in these ranges...
You could buy a single picture (6x8) for about $10. Or you can get a package.... if you buy a package of about 10 pictures, it's about $80 or so. They have even bigger packages if you're so inclined to get them. You can also buy one or two pictures at full price, then later if you find that you want to upgrade to the package, you can bring in your receipts and they'll credit you those single pictures. OR, buy the package, but then find you don't find 10 pictures you want, they'll go back and credit you the package and just charge you the single price. They are NOT packages like school pictures (100 pictures of the same pose)

You'll see Shutters camera men all over the ship (including IN the pool, UNDER water! --one of them fell into the Goofy pool on the 10 day....camera and all!) Hunt them down if you want more pictures to be able to chose from.

WARNING....Shutters gets very busy before and after dinners.

HINT....Buy the official DCL frame for 6X8 pictures. It's cool, plus, 6x8 is not a standard picture size so finding a 6x8 frame is tricky. Went through Michaels, Joannes, Hobby Lobby, etc etc and couldn't find one. Finally just waited until the next cruise and bought two.

TECHNICALITY....you WILL be able to buy pictures while in port on disembarkation day. Shutters will be open early in the morning. It will be the ONLY gift shop open b/c of their port rules. BUT....you will only be able to buy pictures....NOT frames or any sort of other merchandise they have there. THAT is why we didn't get a 6x8 frame on the first cruise....figured we'd wait until morning and get it......WRONG!!!!!!

HTH, and again, don't quote my prices...

Great information, thanks. :flower:

I'm sure I'll have no problem finding "keepers" of my kids.

GTKYFC Question of the day ----

If you could change one choice you made when you were younger that possibly altered your entire course of life, what would that be?

Mine would be going to college. I was all set to go. I graduated high school in January and was working until I started school in August. My dad died of a massive heart attack in June and it changed my plans. If wish my mom insisted that I went anyway but she didn't -- as she was most likely just as devistated as we were.

I wonder sometimes what life would have been today had I gone. I have no regrets as to the way my life has turned out, I just know it would have been different.

Anyone else?

Cindy,

Mine would be the same thing - going to college. I grew up in a single parent household at a time when they weren't very common. Money was very very thight. My mom told me that if I had the basic office skills (typing, shorthand, etc.) that I would never be without a job. She was right. Yet I can't help but wonder how my life would have been different with a college degree. I have a very good job making good money in a middle management position. No complaints at all. Yet the few times I've looked for a job that degree (or lack there of) always comes up. Even though I've worked in this industry for over 20 years.

Since Cindy posted the getting to know you question I'll help add to getting to 10,000 by posting a fluff question.

It has been 303 days since we were all calling Member Services to book this cruise. In honor of those 303 days what 3 things have you most enjoyed about this meets thread?

Wow!! That's a tough one, Cindy!! Actually, I like my life a lot. I think that I could have made a couple of decisions that could have negatively impacted my life.

One would have been if I did NOT go to college. I grew up in a very, very poor neighborhood (lot of people on welfare, etc). My mom was also a single mom, but she always knew that she wanted more for us. She, herself, went back to college very late in life, so I took my example from her. Had she not been so insistent on wanting more for herself and her children, I can't imagine where I would be. Thanks mom!!!

The other would have been if I had married my first fiance. He was very verbally abusive, but I was too young to really realize it. But one day, I straightened up and I realized that I was worth SO much more than the way that I was getting treated. When I told my mom that I broke off my engagement, she was SO excited. She knew that he wasn't the best for me, but she knew that she couldn't change my mind, I had to figure it out for myself. So, I think that if I would have actually gotten married, things would have turned out VERY differently in life.

WDWLVR said:
It has been 303 days since we were all calling Member Services to book this cruise. In honor of those 303 days what 3 things have you most enjoyed about this meets thread?
Ok, this one is super easy for me!!!

1. The awesome people that I have "met" on this thread, who I'll finally get to "meet" in less than 2 weeks.

2. The silly discussions about blinkies, mrs.lips and fish extenders.

3. The amazing twilight zone moments that a lot of us are sharing.

WDWLVR said:
Since Cindy posted the getting to know you question I'll help add to getting to 10,000 by posting a fluff question.

LOL, Mary, it looks like just the two of us right now. But, I'll answer.....

3 things....

1. Meeting new friends
2. Learning enough to not feel intimidated by the upcoming cruise
3. That sometimes the written word is not as it is implied (as in the case of Lisa and her goat -- :rotfl2: Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

edited to add: sorry, Amy, I didn't see you sneak in!

cgcw said:
edited to add: sorry, Amy, I didn't see you sneak in!
I was just about to post, "Hey, what about me?!?!?!?"

Actually, we just got home from bringing Emily to school.

cgcw said:
GTKYFC Question of the day ----

If you could change one choice you made when you were younger that possibly altered your entire course of life, what would that be?

Anyone else?

Mine would be do things differently in college. I went to high school in all girls totally strict environment. I went to one of the biggest party schools in NY at the time. Need I say more. I had a fabulous time in college, don't get me wrong, but I wish I would have spent more time traveling or being an exchange student (I was an International Business/French major). Instead, I pledge a sorority......the rest is history!

WDWLVR said:

1. Meeting such great people!
2. The laughs and inside jokes. Mrs. Lips, fish extenders, blinkies.
3. All the tips, packing lists and ideas!

I'm off to Chuck E Cheese today! Having my sister here is going to let us do some fun outings this week. Tomorrow we are going to, we'll I don't know how to describe it but it's called the Catskill Game Farm, it's kind of like a zoo I guess!

Diana Lyn said:
1. Meeting such great people!
2. The laughs and inside jokes. Mrs. Lips, fish extenders, blinkies.
3. All the tips, packing lists and ideas!

I'm off to Chuck E Cheese today! Having my sister here is going to let us do some fun outings this week. Tomorrow we are going to, we'll I don't know how to describe it but it's called the Catskill Game Farm, it's kind of like a zoo I guess!
Ooohhh, have fun at Chuck E Cheese's today!!! We've only been once, for a birthday party. Emily loved it!!! It's not all that close to us, so we don't think about it very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter