Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two pictures of GD Bailey in the play she performed in the weekend. One is during her performance and the other is right before the cast photo.

Bailey417play.jpg
Bailey417castphotoa.jpg

My other GD Aspen (15 and Bailey's sister) went to a junior prom last night. We took pictures of them in the backyard.

Her date was her best friend's boyfriend's best friend Will who did not have a date. I guess it makes sense to them!! She and the friend are only sophomores so it was not as big a deal to them, I guess. Anyway, he is 6'7 and she was over 6' in heels.

Here are a couple of pics. Aspen is the girl on the right. Don't ask me why dyes her hair!!

aspenandbestfriendb.jpg
Aspenanddate.jpg
aspenandfriendsbeforeproma.jpg

Hi All!

Here is the most recent list for Martini/Tequila tasting. Please check to see if you are on the list(s) (and want to be on the list(s) :lmao:) and/or if I've spelled your names correctly:

Untitled2.jpg

I have 48 people on the list so far - I'm not sure how many of those may have dropped off though - I'll follow up nearer the time.

Thanks Paula for keeping track of that! :)

Well, they're only 36 hours old at this point and I was able to get them away from mom for a quick photo shoot. Mom said unequivocally and emphatically "NO" to having her picture taken as her hair hadn't been done for days and she did not want to be seen in public looking looking like a dirty mop!
Cocas_Pups.jpg

OMG, they are so cute!!!!! I just want to hug them all!

Congrats on the anniversary!!! Time does fly, huh?!

We'll be at MNSSHP, too! This will be a first for us.

LOVE that area of PA. We used to fly out for a huge dog show weekend every October (King of Prussia, Devon, Hatboro). It was always fun trying to figure out what the weather might be like; do you pack warm clothes and bundle up or summer wear for Indian Summer!!

Yeah, this area can be tricky...especially October. The week before our wedding, it was in the 80's. On our wedding day, it was in the 30's and we had rain and a bit of snow. You never know here in PA! Did you ever visit the King of Prussia mall while you were here?

We just learned how to play Apples to Apples. Lots of fun.

I played Apples to Apples for the first time on Christmas - and it was Disney Apples to Apples! It was so much fun!

Im in 6083 which is central Cat 11 on deck 6 so I hope so lol!

You're close to us...I think! We're in cabin 6101.

Dave and I went to the movies today to see "Kick(butt)" - I don't think the filter would let me say what it's really called. I thought it was going to be more of a comedy - nope, as I call it, it was a boy movie! LOL!!! Although there was a lot of blood and shooting, the company was wonderful! :love:

Calling all Pirates!

If you and your crew are interested in Cruise Shirts, see post #1 on this thread for all the details, I need some information from you! Even if you had previously sent this info, with so changes we need to get a new list toogether. Please email the info to wbta.pirate.shirts@gmail.com.

What we need...
  • DIS Name
  • Actual name
  • Number of shirts and the respective sizes (i.e. 2 Adult large, 1 child small)
We need this information sooner rather than later, so if you are interested, please take a moment and send it along!

Once the Captain clears his plate he will be working on finalizing the design. We will get that information out to you all as soon as we can.

Thanks all!

Sue

Will do. Thanks Sue!!! :goodvibes

Hey everyone! "Lanyard Team":

tig82174
MagicMe
sezmo (& mum)
Steffy
tinker1bell
Bareacuda
Yukongirl123
TotallyAngellic
Renegade7
KermitRocks
MrsMork (& DrHug)
BoosGram
TheCooksLuvDisney
AlexandNessa
nordkin
M4travel/M4travels

Otherwise, let's hear a big THANKS to these generous folks who are helping to make the lanyards a reality for everyone on this trip!!

THANKS!!

Thank you very much Erik and Jason for all of your hard work on the lanyards!!! I'm very happy to be on the team! :goodvibes

Got me airfare so it looks like Im a go .... 480 + 58 tax on British Airways ...Non stop Vegas to London then London to Barcelona .....wahooooo

pirate:

That's a great price Cap'n! Good for you!!!

Disney Cruise Line Dooney and Burke Bags I know a few of you like the other Disney Dooney and Burke bags.

DCLPursesSMALL.jpg

I want the wristlet. It will be perfect for my KTTW card and misc stuff I manage to drag around with me. I wish I knew someone who could get me one before I get on the Magic this Sept. I guess I'll just have to wait! :upsidedow

Bananagrams is a "board-game" that Jason and I love. It's a little like scrabble only more fun (and a little easier) where you make words using letter tiles in a crossword-puzzle style. It's called bananagrams because the tiles literally come inside a zipper bag that is shaped like a banana. It's a great game for travel because it's small and light and easy to pack. Jason and I will be bringing lots of games (assuming we can fit them in our luggage) with us cuz we're big game people...so you'll often see us sitting on deck or in a lounge somewhere playing a game----and if you want to join then just pull up a chair!! (Usually we are traveling with all our other cruise buddies like Hadley's family and Sandi's family, etc.....and they're game people, too, but since they've dropped off the cruise we're going to have to find new gamers!):thumbsup2

Jason and I will definitely have bananagrams, buzz word, boggle, taboo, uno and a deck of regular cards with us. If we can fit more we may try to bring cranium, as well.

I LOVE Apples to Apples. We have Apples to Apples To Go, maybe I should bring it? :confused3

Krista

I love board games!!!! Can't wait to play!!!

just in case any of you need reminding ....... today we have

ONLY 22 WEEKS TO GO UNTIL WE BOARD THE DISNEY MAGIC !!!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:cheer2::cheer2:

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Hi folks!:rolleyes1
Looks like we'll be joining this merry band of swashbucklers!pirate:
Dh has just told me he secretly booked this as an anniversary surprise!!!:cheer2:
I know a few of you from other threads and holidays.....but I don't think I'll manage to catch up on everything this late in the day!:thumbsup2

Look forward to joining in some of the fun:woohoo:

x:littleangel:

Mandy & Mark

Such a great husband!!! Welcome! :welcome:

Is anyone planning on going to the :hmghost:MNSSHP:hmghost: at MK after the cruise??

I'm planning of going to MNSSHP. I went two years ago and loved it! I love to see all of the characters in costume. The dates have not been posted yet. Does anyone know when they are generally posted?

For those of you going onto WDW after the cruise how are you planning to get there??

Are you going by Disney transport?

Seems that some towncar companies are charging around $240 for a limo from port to WDW based on 6 sharing thats $40.

A town car for 4 is $135 that's $33.75 per person based on 4 sharing.

How does this compare to Disney tranfer prices?

Has anyone done this? How does it compare to Disney Transfers?

SW

It would be nice to pull up in a limo! I think DCL transfers are about the same price. I'm checking on it though. I'll post when I find out.

I saw some postings about the price going down so I checked the DCL website. I noticed there is no longer a fuel supplement if booked now. So I checked my account and I'm still being charged a fuel supplement fee. I'm going to call DCL in the morning and ask about this but in the meantime does anyone know what this is all about? Are you still being charged the fuel supplement fee? :confused3

We think that game is fun, too, but we don't own it. We will probably go look for more games in travel sizes that are fun, as well. Jason's Carry-On on the lfight is probably going to be all lanyards, FE gifts and games....poor thing LOL

I'll bring Apples to Apples then!! :)

I saw some postings about the price going down so I checked the DCL website. I noticed there is no longer a fuel supplement if booked now. So I checked my account and I'm still being charged a fuel supplement fee. I'm going to call DCL in the morning and ask about this but in the meantime does anyone know what this is all about? Are you still being charged the fuel supplement fee? :confused3

Those of us who booked early enough have been charged the fuel supplement fee. Some have called to have it removed (I don't know the procedure for this). I think they would either just remove the fee if you haven't PIF yet. Or an OBC if you have. Some have just left the fee in place because, if the fee ISN'T being charged at the time of sailing, we will (read that as SHOULD) be getting an OBC for it. ;)

Plus, if the fuel supplement fee wasn't originally in your reservation cost and they do decide to charge it for our cruise - it will be added to your account (SURPRISE! :rolleyes1)

:cutie:

Once you board, you will want to go to Guest Services to get tickets. It's a cute activity. :)

Do you know of any other kids activities I should book for?

Right it was a little postcard/card thing where you tear off around the edges, right? I even showed my husband too. So, we've both read it. So, it was around December then? Maybe he stuck it in a file. I hope so! I can't find it anywhere! Since they don't have record that we received the card. If I can't find it we are out $400!! That would really stink!!

Thats it! It's a very plain looking, beige coloured envelope thing, you tear off 3 sides and it opens to a letter. Good Luck finding it!!!! :goodvibes

To commemorate hitting the 5 month mark, I thought I'd post some pics from Gibraltar on the WBTA in 2007.

2007_0901Transatlantic0151-1.jpg

2007_0901Transatlantic0190.jpg

And this guy unzipped a backpack to help himself to some ice cream!

2007_0901Transatlantic0171-1.jpg

Love them, Thanks so much, Just HAVE to do the monkey thing now!

I'm planning of going to MNSSHP. I went two years ago and loved it! I love to see all of the characters in costume. The dates have not been posted yet. Does anyone know when they are generally posted?

The tickets will be released on the 30th April, according to the lady I spoke to when I was making my ADR's. :thumbsup2

I really am starting to get impatient, 5 months seems so far away!!! I just want to wake up in September tomorrow!!! :rotfl:

I LOVE Apples to Apples. We have Apples to Apples To Go, maybe I should bring it? :confused3

Krista

Anybody have Disney Apples to Apples?

Cute puppies

Paula- We always book cat 11 or 12 sometimes even QTY and we have always ended up in the room or category we booked. We need your secret lol;)

Can't wait for May 19th when I head to WDW.

Hi folks!:rolleyes1
Looks like we'll be joining this merry band of swashbucklers!pirate:
Dh has just told me he secretly booked this as an anniversary surprise!!!:cheer2:
I know a few of you from other threads and holidays.....but I don't think I'll manage to catch up on everything this late in the day!:thumbsup2

Look forward to joining in some of the fun:woohoo:

x:littleangel:

Mandy & Mark
Wow, your DH is awesome! :) :)

Plus, if the fuel supplement fee wasn't originally in your reservation cost and they do decide to charge it for our cruise - it will be added to your account (SURPRISE! :rolleyes1)

:cutie:
I thought I read on threads about this (on this board) that if the fee stands- those that paid it don't get refund/OBC, but those that didn't pay it don't get an addtl charge last minute like you're saying?
But if the fee doesn't stand- those that paid it get it back (generally as OBC, in most cases it seems)

didn't really seem fair that if you'd paid it originally, you wouldn't get a refund (if gas prices are high at that time) but those that DIDN'T pay it originally wouldn't be charged. :confused3 But I'm pretty sure that's what everyone was saying.
I'm not super concerned about it at this point. The only way I could get rid of it is to reshop for this cruise and that was a "no can do" (based on rooms, price, etc.)
Then we switched to a cat 3 for one of our rooms- and it didn't get charged the fuel surcharge on that one (I guess that was basically like a "reshop" of sorts)- so now we just have one room, 3pp, that we've paid the fuel surcharge. It would be nice to get the OBC for the fuel surcharge though. We'll see.

For those of you going onto WDW after the cruise how are you planning to get there??

Are you going by Disney transport?

I only ask because on a recent Unplugged Podcast they talked about the option of hiring a town car...

Seems that some towncar companies are charging around $240 for a limo from port to WDW based on 6 sharing thats $40.

A town car for 4 is $135 that's $33.75 per person based on 4 sharing.

How does this compare to Disney tranfer prices?

Has anyone done this? How does it comare to Disney Transfers?

SW

A town car is not going to cut it for a group of 4, mostly on the luggage front, most of those trucks will only hold three larger bags and then any and all other bags have to go in the back/front seat with passengers. If you have more then three plan on a limo or van.

Pj

Hi everyone!! Well I am officially "back" on this cruise. :cool1: Thanks to a little nudge by Todd, I have re-booked. We are in a Cat 11 GTY of which I am not thrilled about since I have always been in a Cat 5...but as Laura said, at least I am on the ship! I guess it will just force me to be out and about more instead of sitting on my balcony!

Welcome back! Just wanted to let you know that we are another group that downgraded to save some money while still being on the ship.

Is this the Marriott Renaissance Barcelona Airport Hotel? Is everyone that is booked here staying on Friday Sept 17?

We are staying at the Renaissance Barcelona, but we arrive early on the 16th. We're staying on points and it's the only marriott in town!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter