Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... Did they have fireworks the last time they left Barcelona? I cannot imagine them doing that again - it is no big deal to them the second time around only us :lmao:

Oh my gosh, Sandi! You have to check this video out! They had the fireworks when the Magic arrived in Barcelona for the very first time.

Oh my gosh, Sandi! You have to check this video out! They had the fireworks when the Magic arrived in Barcelona for the very first time.

I think Sandi was asking about if they did fireworks when the ship LEFT Barcelona for the last time....on the first WESTbound TA. Sandi definitely knows about the fireworks when the Magic ARRIVED in Barcelona for the first time on the 2007 EASTbound TA----because we were all aboard the ship that night and saw it live!! (Me & Jason, Hadley and her family, Sandi and her family, Chris & Rob, DisneyDeann (although i'm sure I just spelled that wrong!:lmao:), CACruisin, gismo......hmmm...I'm sure there are other EBTA veterans on this board that I'm forgetting....but there were a bunch of us who were a part of that trip).

You are right, Kimberly, though----the fireworks that night were phenomenal...they rivaled something you'd see even in the parks!

I agree with you 100% - forget one of the islands and give me Castaway. I am glad about the 4:00 departure time because then I can sit on deck and watch the beautiful Med in the daylight. Did they have fireworks the last time they left Barcelona? I cannot imagine them doing that again - it is no big deal to them the second time around only us :lmao:

Of course the other way to see the beautiful Med in daylight is just buckle down and book a B2B with the last 10-night Med cruise like we did!! ;)

Hi Everyone,

I am here in the Outer Banks, North Carolina with my DH and children and grandchildren. We will celebrate my oldest son's birthday, my daughter's birthday and the 40th anniversary of my DH and I being married. We met 43 years ago on a blind date and dated long distance and got married in 1969 in Key West, Florida.

Right now we are watching hockey and having a great time. I am making sure that I totally veg while I am here. no worries, no problems, just lots of ME time and lots of snuggle time with the grandbabies!!! :goodvibes

Happy anniversary

Glad you had fun. Can't wait for the pics

I have started on my trip report. Once it is done, I will cross post it in the UK trip reports section and put a link in my signature. The photos from my digital camera have been downloaded and the photos from the ship's photographers have been scanned and all photos are now on photobucket.

I'm a little worried about mal-de-mer too. I'm going to invest in everything from sea bands to ginger capsules to meds.

When we traveled to the east coast of Canada (lovely, btw) we went on both a lobsterboat-cum-whale watching tour and a large car ferry and I was nauseous on both to the point of exclusion of all activities. I'm hoping being proactive with the meds will work. We have a 4 day Bahamas cruise booked before this big'un so I hope to find my sea legs on that one.

I suffer very badly from motion sickness. Cars, buses, fairground rides and small boats make me all very ill. We had 35 foot waves on the last full day on the Magic last year and I was absolutely fine. Those big cruise ships are amazingly stable.

Well that is a shame - I was hoping for a late sailing from Barcelona so that we could get off the ship and have a look around before sailing - not much chance of that if we sail at 4pm.

Also CC - that doesn't leave much time for any activities does it? We were hoping to do the waverunner tour (cancelled on our last trip), but by the time you have disembarked the ship, cycled to Serenity Bay, had lunch, chilled for a while, cycled back - one quick cocktail at the Heads Up bar, and it will be time to leave. Not a good plan! Still, there is a lot of time for changes between now and then!:wizard:

I actually like the idea of leaving Barcelona at 4 pm, but hate the idea of the extremely short day at Castaway Cay.

Corinna

It's interesting that we are departing earlier than first scheduled. Wonder why the change was made?

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

Thank you for that reassurance, Dolphingirl47. That's good to hear. Makes me feel more confident about the issue. :)

I think Sandi was asking about if they did fireworks when the ship LEFT Barcelona for the last time........Sandi definitely knows about the fireworks when the Magic ARRIVED in Barcelona for the first time on the 2007 EASTbound TA----because we were all aboard the ship that night and saw it live!! ...

Yes and Yes! :rotfl2:

Sandi and I were exchanging a couple of emails today, and she confirmed that I got too excited and jumped on responding before absorbing that she indeed meant LEAVING Barcelona! :rotfl: It was at that moment that I realized I had a brain freeze. GEEZ! I absolutely knew they were on the EBTA! :rotfl2: I knew that's how you all first got to know one another!
What the heck? I didn't even have any wine today! :lmao:

BTW, Erik, I really hope your friend who lost his job last week will find another one that makes him just as happy! Very sad to see people loose jobs, and even sadder to see comanies go under.

Is there a kids forum for this cruise? My daughter wants to know. Thanks.
Hi there! The kids forum is: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2001553

It's interesting that we are departing earlier than first scheduled. Wonder why the change was made?

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

It is interesting. Cuts out about 5 hours of Barcelona time.

I am sure that upon review, they are trying to maximize our port times or I would at least hope. Someone had mentioned before "How can we get from Barcelona to Gibralter in x amount of time." I think it might have been Corrina's DH who looked at the nautical time facts way back when and asked how could we get to Gibraltor so quickly. The fact is, you can only cover so many miles in so much time.

We did the Tortola trip a few weeks ago and it took 2 days to get to Tortola and we felt that we were hauling and making good time. I am surprised that we don't get into Castaway Cay until 11:45 or so. I'm hoping that changes.

Linda

BTW, Erik, I really hope your friend who lost his job last week will find another one that makes him just as happy! Very sad to see people loose jobs, and even sadder to see comanies go under.

Yeah it stinks for him....and it does stink for companies to go under....but in our field it's even worse. I work in non-profit HIV/AIDS....and his agency, based in LA, was a program that worked with high risk youth and I believe addressed issues like sexual health, substance use, mental health, runaway risk, etc.----so while it stinks for any business to have to go under, it's particularly sad when it's an organization that provides a vital community service to a high-risk/need population. :sad2:

well it looks like we might be going on this one to.

me and the other half and bringing along the brother.

x2 cat 9. put depos on it so well see.

just a quick question for previous repo cruisers. for all the sea days what kind of entertainment do they have? any more shows during the night? or just bring a book and read away.

nick

just a quick question for previous repo cruisers. for all the sea days what kind of entertainment do they have? any more shows during the night? or just bring a book and read away.

nick

welcome aboard....read post 1 for all the fun info about the trip.....

but in answer to your question, yes they do more shows on the sea days. When we did the EBTA in 2007 there were two additional stage shows (one of which I really loved and one of which was kinda painful :lmao:), several additional cabaret acts (puppeteer/ventriloquist, musicians, magicians, etc.) and a couple celebrity performances (on our trip it was Boys II Men and Jim Brickman). They also sometimes use the big theater to show a major Disney release film----on the EBTA I'm pretty sure they showed the premier of the POTC film that was released around that time (and on our recent 4 night on the Wonder, even, they showed "Earth" as one of the evening entertainment/show options). DCL definitely doesn't leave you bored in the evenings!

just did a western (may 16) on the magic and seen earth to. and bolt 3-d.

i booked a cat 9 because there is nothing lower than that. is there a way to find out if a cat 12-11-10 is still avail.

nick

just did a western (may 16) on the magic and seen earth to. and bolt 3-d.

i booked a cat 9 because there is nothing lower than that. is there a way to find out if a cat 12-11-10 is still avail.

nick

Hey Nick! Sorry... we must have snagged the last 2 cat 10's when we were on the May 16th Magic cruise before you guys got to the ressie desk. Nice to have you guys on this trip too. :thumbsup2

well darn.

i hope they reopen some more at a later date. we booked the Dec 4 2010 on at first.

nick

Sarah, you're too nice! Thank you. Do you have an interest in the potential job move? It's always easier when you have something that intrigues you.

Not really. Things here have just got too much so its kind of move or be dumped upon. My boss is moving and I kind of was expecting to get offered a temp position to cover her post while they found someone permenantly only instead they've given the position to someone who hasn't been on the team for 2 years and is part time so it makes me the only full timer on a team of 3 and to top it all my new boss is actually taking over 3 posts in the office so basically will have very little time to cover my old bosses post so I can see it all being dumped on me. Worse thing was it was never even discussed with my old boss who they felt would cover the job best or anything and the person given the post isn't qualified for it while I am. I'm taking it as a sign of how people feel about me and so am moving on before I end up killing someone. I have worked really hard at the job I am currently doing and have got exceeded in my last two reports but this seems to not matter in our division so I think I'd rather go anywhere right now. The fact that this decision was made without any consultation and no one even asked if anyone would be interested in it just shows me I don't want to be here. I'm hoping to get a post in my old bosses area as some of these sound OK but its kind of a forced move. At least Ill be less stressed lol

My apologies if this was brought up already, but has anyone noticed that our departure time (per DCL website) has chaned to 4:00 pm instead of 9:00 pm(isn't that what it was originally scheduled for?)? That kills the hope for a big fireworks farewell from Barcelona. Castaway Cay will seem like a blink (11:15 - 4:30). :sad1:

Really? I haven't looked recently! OK well wont be visiting the fountains on Saturday then!

I think Sandi was asking about if they did fireworks when the ship LEFT Barcelona for the last time....on the first WESTbound TA. Sandi definitely knows about the fireworks when the Magic ARRIVED in Barcelona for the first time on the 2007 EASTbound TA----because we were all aboard the ship that night and saw it live!! (Me & Jason, Hadley and her family, Sandi and her family, Chris & Rob, DisneyDeann (although i'm sure I just spelled that wrong!:lmao:), CACruisin, gismo......hmmm...I'm sure there are other EBTA veterans on this board that I'm forgetting....but there were a bunch of us who were a part of that trip).

You are right, Kimberly, though----the fireworks that night were phenomenal...they rivaled something you'd see even in the parks!

Yeah great fireworks on EB and none on WB. We left around the same time (4) on the last WB as well!

nick

As Eric said they have extra stuff almost every day. They also had a couple of extra deck parties as well including a lunch one. You wont get bored I'm sure. We still have stuff we didn't manage to do even going on 2 TA's

welcome aboard....read post 1 for all the fun info about the trip.....

but in answer to your question, yes they do more shows on the sea days. When we did the EBTA in 2007 there were two additional stage shows (one of which I really loved and one of which was kinda painful :lmao:), several additional cabaret acts (puppeteer/ventriloquist, musicians, magicians, etc.) and a couple celebrity performances (on our trip it was Boys II Men and Jim Brickman). They also sometimes use the big theater to show a major Disney release film----on the EBTA I'm pretty sure they showed the premier of the POTC film that was released around that time (and on our recent 4 night on the Wonder, even, they showed "Earth" as one of the evening entertainment/show options). DCL definitely doesn't leave you bored in the evenings!

That's one of the things we love about Disney cruising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter