***See last page : AK Swap Part II Final Details :

Okay ya know I need to learn to read directions *before* starting and finishing things... I relized today that one of my things is too small for the requirements so itll be a day or two before I can re-do them and finish them..

Least I got the put your name on the back thing this time :) Soo missed that last round...

So next time I should be good to go... :)

-em

I am almost done with my borders. Haven't started the poem yet, I am still trying to find one. This weekend I'll hopefully find something. If any one has any suggestions for Dinorama theme, let me know. Thanks!
Franne

Okay Mine is in the Mail- I *hope* I got the stamp thing right (just one 3.whatever regular postage stamp?) if not let me know and Ill try to fix it-- The postal guy wasnt all that helpful...

As for my things- One is still a bit small but I couldnt add much to it without really weirding it out but I like 'em :) and I hope ya'll do-

-em

I'm sure it will be fine Emily. I'll be on the lookout. If you all don't hear from me for a few days it is because my daughter graduates tommorrow and saturday we have a surprise celebration for her. Will be back on-line monday. Hope everyone has a great fathers day weekend.

Cyndi

3.gif
I've got my idea down for borders but can't seem to come up with anything for poem/song lyric. I'd really appreciate any suggestions. I'm doing Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. (I thought I'd get inspiration when we were at WDW late last month, but we never made it to AK. :rolleyes: )

That is a hard one. Since there are gorillas in the Pangani Forest, how about King Louie's song, "I Wan'na Be Like You", from the Jungle Book? Here are the lyrics:

http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/stage/7840/select.htm

edited to add: I know that King Louie is not a gorilla but an orangutan, but that is what popped into my head when I thought about it.

<I've got my idea down for borders but can't seem to come up with anything for poem/song lyric. I'd really appreciate any suggestions. I'm doing Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.>

Wow, I am having the same problem. I have Dinorama and I tried looking for dinosaur songs or poems. I even tried the amusement park idea but there was nothing. I wound up making up my own poem using all the rides and attractions there. I just hope it's not too corny!
Franne:hyper:

Boy, I wish I were that creative Franne. I just can't seem to get the creative juices flowing on this one.

Thanks for the suggestion Twigs. I'll go look at those words now. If I don't use them, at least they should serve as inspiration for something.

(I had thought about the words to the "Naked Mole Rat" song, but they are just too silly and don't really fit the Forest idea anyway. ;) )

I'm done!! Had to do a lot of planning and re-planning as my original ideas did not work out. I hope they are up to par and everyone likes them. I don't think I will be able to get to the post office tomorrow, so I will probably mail them out monday.

I'm still cuttin', gluin', and chalkin', but I hope to get most (if not all) of my paper piecings done this weekend . . . in between Sunday dinner with the family, finishing up some projects I brought home from work, and chopping down a tree in the back yard. It's blocking my satellite. :sunny:

Pat

126 days and counting . . . again!

I'm DONE! YAYYY!!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Cyndi, it will be in the mail tomorrow so you should get it by Wednesday. Can't wait to see everyone's work. What is the next park we are doing?
Franne

Just dropping in briefly to let Lisa ( dreaming of BCV ) and Emily know that their packages came in during the middle of celebrating. Great work both of you. Lisa thanks you soo much for the cute disney stickers, I will be using them in my disney cruise book ( keeping fingers crossed that we will get to go ).

Everyone has asked about the next round, and I wanted to know if you all wwanted to take a two month break for summer, or if you won't to dive back in ? I know RRBB and I discussed her taking over a cruise swap for me. It would be a smaller group of people. So I could participate in her's and still host the park swap. Its really up to you all.

If you won't to continue on the next swap is going to be MGM, originally I thought of doing Epcot next , but because its summer I thought MGM may be a little bit more laid back. I expect Epcot will be a big one. Sign ups would begin 1st of August and run through September. Then the Epcot swap would run October/November. That would free up December for Christmas and Hannukah preparations.

I am still "resting" up from the busy weekend , so may not be on much for the next couple of days ( unless a few packages come in ). Plus we have VBS this week. So hope everyone has a nice week. If you need something just email me.

Cyndi

Don't know if its to late to help out. But I found the same problem with a poem or phrase for the "Oasis" so I listed the rides from a sign in the oasis area. Hope this helps someone else. I like the list of animals idea also.

Cyndi princess:

Count me in for the next few- Id vote for just keeping them going as I feel with 2 months to do it its really not that rushed- Id vote for either park next

Oh and did the I get the stamp thing right? Will that work?

-em

Hello Everyone & Cyndi,

Just wanted to give you an update on my swap items. I got my ideas down and I am waiting for supplies for the borders in the mail. So, I am hoping to get them by Friday so, I can finish the borders. Also, on Friday I am going to make my shakers. I got the final piece today. I am going to a crop on Friday night and I won't know a soul so, I'll be able to finish it. Plus, I won't be bringing anything else to work on. I plan to mail on Saturday or Sunday if the border part arrives before then. I'll keep you updated.

As for the next swap, I'm interested but I won't be online the day of the sign ups. So, I'll just have to see what is available when I get back. I definitely want to do the Epcot one. I agree about waiting until Oct/Nov to start that one.

Tina

Hi guys I hope to have mine finished by the weekend and in the mail monday! It has been way to crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter