Secrets to DW

I think there should be a "Disney Secrets" forum! I don't know if anyone can possibly know more WDW secrets than the starter of this thread, but this is truly what I've been looking for. I love secrets and hidden things, and secrets and hidden things at WDW adds more wonder to the whole WDW experience. I think many, many people would enjoy sharing and hearing such secrets!:D

I agree! I reread this thread prior to each trip. I add notes into my planning sheets. It has made a wonderful difference on our trips.

I already posted this on another thread - but it's more fitting here. At the magic of animation exhibit in MGM, after you view a movie, they lead you into a room with an animator that draws a picture for you. Then they lead you into an adjoining room. Lag behind and talk to the animator. If it is a nice one, you can ask them to draw you a quick picture of Mickey Mouse and they'll do it and autograph it for you! We saw about two families do this (animator drew Mickey in their autograph books) and wished we had asked too. What a great free souvenir!!! ::MickeyMo

Thanks for bumping this thread back up--it's GREAT!

As to the e-mail you can send to yourself in the imagination pavilion--there's a morphing program there where you can merge your face into your choice of other animal images and e-mail the morphed picture to yourself, family, etc. You can also buy a print of it, but if you're e-mailing it to yourself you can always just print it out when you get home. This is WAY COOL--the morph is very smooth. My dad didn't even realize it was me inside the chimp until i told him. There are several stations available, but it takes a few minutes for each person, so there'll probably be a wait for a turn.

I missed the answer to what if anything you do with the key under the mat by the muppets.... princess:

I didn't get a chance to see it on my recent trip, but a CM said that the key is stuck there and it's neat to find :magnify: !!

:wave2:

On our last trip to WL we found out that you can pay for valet parking in the morning and it is valid all day and at all valet parking locations. No more walking across big parking lots carrying DD4. That really helped me out!

Welcome to the boards :wizard: ! And thanks for that GREAT tip. I hope many people will take advantage of that.

:wave2:

My sister and I were wondering? Does anyone know where the wooden leg named smith is in MK? its on the DIS scavenger hunt and we want to see it!

Go in the Kodak Picture center immediatly to the right as you enter MK..great photo opps towards the back of the store.
Have had some great fun characters back there! We visit this everytime!
Most people pass this area up because it's so close to the entrance.

Going to be at Disney Dec 11 - 15 for my anniversary! Can't wait!!!

:hyper:

Originally posted by BethBreakey
Here is the link - it is fun to look at - but I have not had a chance to do it yet!

Thank you Beth!! :p This does look like a blast...

I'm sorry I can't help you with your question, but I'm so glad you pointed this out! :):):)

Have a great night!:wave2:
Robinpirate:

So I just found out the wooden leg named smith is in the frontier land train station -- it is marked "lost and found" and there is a shelf with all kinds of stuff, including the wooden leg and Mary's umbrella...

I cant wait to see it!

wow how exciting! This thread has made me realise how excited I actually am about my Disney xmas next week!

Christmas at Disney is the greatest -- It is when I feel the magic the most! Have a great trip!

Originally posted by BethBreakey
Here is the link - it is fun to look at - but I have not had a chance to do it yet!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/scavenger_hunt.htm

My boyfriend and I did this scavenger hunt last year, it was a lot of fun!! The CM's were a great help. What I did was a lot of cutting and pasting in Microsoft Word and put all the questions relating to a specific park on a seperate page, that way I wasn't taking the whole thing with me to every park. It worked out very well. We happened to be there in Dec so we even got the answers to the last few questions. There are a few that don't apply any more because either the attraction or show has closed down.

Have fun!! ::yes::

Wow this is a great thread.
I know there are talking mailboxes in Disney Land (toon town) and if you knock on the doors in the line on the way into Roger Rabbit someone might answer (tape recorded). Also in California, at toon town the 'sewer covers' are really neat. I grew up in Disney Land, but have only been to WDW 3 times, and my only tip for WDW is there is no such thing as "enough" time.
Any Fast Pass disconnect tips for WDW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter