"secret" entrance to MGM parking?

texmom

Earning My Ears
I saw it mentioned on another post that there is a little publicized entrance to the MGM parking lot across from the Boardwalk? Does anyone know anything about this? We are going in Dec. and will have a rental car and would appreciate any tips!

I wouldn't exactly call it secret... If you're on property, its the only entrance. (It's also the only exit, as well.) The so called "Main Entrance" is only accessible to off-site guests.

One thing to note about the auxiliary entrance... there's only one toll booth... so lines move slowly.

Tyler,

Thanks for the info! Usually we just do Disney transport so I don't pay attention to roads, etc. But this time DH wants to try a car so I have a whole new topic to learn about!

Well I certainly learn something every dayon these boards. I thought the entrance by the Boardwalk was the only entrance...it's the one we've used since MGM opened as far as I can remember. Where's the main entrance?

Originally posted by BCV23
Well I certainly learn something every dayon these boards. I thought the entrance by the Boardwalk was the only entrance...it's the one we've used since MGM opened as far as I can remember. Where's the main entrance?

If you ever go from DAK/AKL to the MK or Epcot... you'll take Osceola to World Drive. That on/off ramp actually goes over a bridge that is the "main" entrance to the Studios. It really is only accessible from completely off property. (ie: I-4, 192, etc)

Thanks, Tyler...I'll see if I can spot that next time we're down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter