Second Solo Pre Trip and Trip Report Complete

I booked a single room but they gave me a family room. I didn't mind the extra space!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So by the time I checked in and was settled it was 5:30pm - do I try to get to the parks? I was debating - so I went outside to wait for the bus and waited and waited and waited -:eek: - OK this is where my memory of POR bus service at WDW comes up and this was clearly not. So I reconciled myself to that thought and at 6:00pm decided to head back into my lovely hotel room and enjoy! And so I did!:lovestruc I took what seemed like a thirty minute blazing hot shower, flipped through the tv channels, made myself some soup with the provided kettle and cuddled into my very, very comfortable bed! Did I say very enough times to get the real essence of how comfortable this bed actually was? The room was sooooo quiet - I heard not one soul the whole night and boy did I need that good sleep!!:wizard:

Coming up - a terrific Disneyland day!

After a very exhausting travel day I was very well rested in my lovely Magic Circus room. At this point I was VERY glad I was staying here - I needed the little extras that the Magic Circus provided. One of these little extras was a great breakfast including hot items at any time I wanted! :cheer2: (ok anytime from 7-11) This was a huge plus for me. Knowing I could sleep in if needed and head down for a leisurely breakfast was heaven in my mind!:cloud9: Actually this was one of the reasons I wanted to try this hotel. And it did not let me down!

I went to bed early because I was exhausted after a long day of travel so I was up and ready for breakfast at shortly before 8. I wondered if it would be chaos but was pleasantly surprised to find a good amount of calm. And I was seated to a small room left of the dining room as you check in so it was very peaceful. One of the advantages of traveling solo is getting nice little peaceful tables for one - often out of the way from the roaring crowds.

Anyway - here are my first breakfast pics - and yes ladies and gentlemen I ate ALLLL of it!!

You must remember I live in a country with virtually NO pork products. Greasy bacon was absolutely fabulous from my point of view!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Yes ladies and gentlemen - after that breakfast I was singing the praises of the Magic Circus Hotel!

A few pics of the lobby and views on the way out.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After a very leisurely breakfast in relative calm I was off to the parks well before the 10:00am opening time. I waited maybe 20 minutes for a bus but was at Disneyland at 9:30am and happy to explore Main Street USA until the rest of the park opened at 10:00am. Ahhh the magic!:wizard:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Is it working? Thanks bro for the gorilla pod - works great!
ry%3D400

After a great time exploring Main Street it was off to Frontierland. Like all other good Disney goers I hustled to the fastpass line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and claimed my prize!

ry%3D400

And decided to go on a ride on this little baby!

ry%3D400

Ok now this is one thing I find a bit strange about DLP - I totally understand the reasoning but having a Mark Twain Mississippi River boat in the middle of Wild West Frontierland is strange really. It's like hey let's put the Empire State Building in Texas - close enough. Chuckle!:) I thoroughly enjoyed starting the day with the riverboat cruise - happy!

Those happy people just off BTMRR-

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Very well behaved don't you think?
ry%3D400

Then over to Phantom Manor and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

A bad shot of my ride photo - that is a pink scarf I am wearing not weird arms.

ry%3D400

Then it was off to Adventureland and a very happy ride on Pirates of the Caribbean. Man I love this ride at DLRP!! So very well done! After that off to Fantasyland and a trek on my fav - It's a Small World!

ry%3D400

Then off for a candy apple break - love the French name for this "Pomme de Amour" - or something like that! I devoured this snack while watching all the little princesses meeting the forever lovely Snow White.princess:

ry%3D400

I then scooted over to Discoveryland to grab a Buzz fastpass and see the African Tam Tams. Great show - very enjoyable - this was my first visit to the videopolis theater.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I applaud these men - very brave!!

ry%3D400

Then happily and purely by accident I caught the New Generation Show in the Central Plaza.

ry%3D400

By now I was very very tired and had just the perfect pick me up planned - a very relaxing meal at the Plaza Gardens. My reservation was for 3:00pm - perfect timing. I loved this meal!!:love: Can I just say - "oh the cheese!" and "what did they do to that spare rib?" and "the flavor of those chicken wings!":laughing: Those were my thoughts all through this meal. Very good - and with a soda and my annual pass discount came to 22.59 Euro - good food for a good price. Absolutely the most important lesson I learned on trip. A nice meal - good food makes one feel very human during a park day. I spent the same amount on food this time around than I did last time but ate far better. Table service meals are WORTH IT!

Sorry I forgot to take a photo of my salad plate - green salad, couscous, two cheeses - brie and goat's cheese (all I can say is wow), herb tomatoes and garlic carrots.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This was a coconut tart - good.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

By now I had finished just in time to find a good seat for the Once Upon A Dream Parade!

After that - off to the Studios where I hit the Backstage Tram Tour before returning to my hotel.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

A very magical Disney Day!:wizard:

This was to be my "Studios" day! Unfortunately - also my check out day.:sad1: But breakfast again was great - though I tried to eat a little less this time around.

ry%3D400

More views of the hotel gardens.

ry%3D400

This morning I ate breakfast about an hour later than the day before - the breakfast crowds were not bad - still enjoyable and I had time to pack before checking out. At 10:00am I went outside thinking this would be a good time to catch a bus since the parks had already opened most people would have already left - WRONG! There were masses of people waiting for the bus. So many in fact they had to send an extra bus just to pick up the Magic Circus folks - one whole bus just for us - I am very thankful they did this :thumbsup2 :wizard:!! Sadly though it took 45 minutes - I arrived at the studios at 11:00am. I stored my bag at DL guest storage - for 3 Euro. I really wanted to see the 11:00am showing of Animagique and was happy to find they were still letting people in and I made it!

So in quick succession I went to Animagique, Cinemagique and Stitch Live - all of them very enjoyable!

After that time for Tower of Terror - really well done - the Paris version is really great! Some photos of some of the details.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The gardens at the Tower of Terror -

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After Tower of Terror - did I say how much I loved this ride? - I went for lunch at Restaurant de Stars:lovestruc There are three attractions that I think are really great at this DLRP - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of the Caribbean and Tower of Terror - (I added Tower of Terror this trip!).

I made my reservation for Restaurant de Stars during the time of the parade - since I had already seen that last trip. This was a good plan I think because the restaurant was quiet and relaxing. I can see though that if there had been lots of people - it would be loud and not so nice. This was however very enjoyable - and for 22.59 euro with a drink and pass discount - very affordable!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The desserts were great at this buffet and while the food was similar to the Plaza Gardens there were some menu offerings here I especially enjoyed - salmon and beef bourgenon (sp?).

After that off to the 3:30pm showing of Lights Motors Actions!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I had booked a Eurostar ticket to London for this evening - the 19:37 arriving into St. Pancras. So I wondered how much I would be able to do before departure. After Lights, Motors, Action I went back to Disneyland Park - watched a bit of the Once Upon a Dream Parade, went by It's a Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean again and was back at the train station by 6:00pm.

The Eurostar crowds were huge and I realized I had got there way too early. I could have spent an extra half hour at the park. So I waited at the train station for a good hour - hour and a half.

Though the check in was chaotic - I found the train service to be pretty good. We arrived into St. Pancras on time and I was able to catch the 9:30pm train to Luton Airport where my flight the next day was to depart. A very long day but workable if direct flights are too expensive.

ry%3D400

Premier Inn Luton - this hotel was fine for the price 29 pounds - bed comfortable.

ry%3D400

All in all a very good trip but I was glad to get home!!

Thanks for sharing my magical journey!:wizard:

What I loved-:love:

Magic Circus breakfast and rooms.

Buffet meals - Plaza Gardens and Restaurant de Stars - from now on will include afternoon table service meal in my plans.

Able to do all I wanted and more in two short days!

Just being at Disney!:wizard:

What I didn't enjoy - :headache:

Taking the bus from the hotel to the parks. In this respect the location of the Disney hotels win out.

Eurostar check in.

Lines to get into parks 10:00am-11:00am were massive.

All in all a really great trip - I'd do another short trip but would prefer direct flights - no delays (in a perfect world). Next trip I want to make at least four nights and go at a slower pace.

I am now convinced the perfect hotel for me is the Disneyland Hotel but I won't pay those prices - yet.:rolleyes1

I was looking for the book "From Sketch to Reality" in English and didn't find it. That doesn't mean it is not there but I just didn't see it - I didn't ask any CM about it either. I did see a large book in French about the creation of Disneyland Paris at the Storybook Shop on Main Street USA.

Lovey trip report and thanks for sharing. I've been thinking of geting a Gorilla Pod for my camera. Was it easy to use?

Lovey trip report and thanks for sharing. I've been thinking of geting a Gorilla Pod for my camera. Was it easy to use?

The Gorilla pod was great! It took some practice to be able to get it to stay but after awhile was easy to set up and I could spot where it might work best.:)

That was a lovely report Jill!

I love not having time slots for breakfast too - which is why the HNY is our preferred choice. The Magic Circus looks really lovely.

Another great trip for you - when's the next one? ;)

And thanks for looking for 'The book' - i'll cross all my fingers and toes until October and hope some appear :goodvibes

Welcome back!!

Shame about the hat, but as you say, you'll just have to keep looking - oh the hardship!! :rotfl:

Some great food photos - always warmly received :goodvibes

Oh my! That scrambled egg looks delicious! It's making me rather hungry. :goodvibes

I was very happy to find eggs on the menu- I am so easily pleased.

That was a lovely report Jill!

I love not having time slots for breakfast too - which is why the HNY is our preferred choice. The Magic Circus looks really lovely.

I can totally understand why- may be I'll try the HNY sometime.

Another great trip for you - when's the next one? ;)

:laughing:Trying to fight off the "I must book now" virus - I'm thinking about September but don't know if I'll be able to.

And thanks for looking for 'The book' - i'll cross all my fingers and toes until October and hope some appear :goodvibes

Hope you can find one - they certainly may be there - at least I hope they are when you go!

Welcome back!!

Shame about the hat, but as you say, you'll just have to keep looking - oh the hardship!! :rotfl:

So true!:rotfl:

Some great food photos - always warmly received :goodvibes

Bit of a foodie here I think -:rolleyes1:)

Still no news on my missing hat however just finished talking to Mom - bless her - who googled about finding a replacement hat. My mom is an angel!:littleangel: Truly! I hadn't even thought of finding another hat online. Anyway - there is a web site called yourwdwstore.net and they will locate specific items from WDW. Evidently they have Orlando shoppers who will go to the Parks and hunt for specific items you are trying to locate. Thought someone might be interested if they are trying to find something. So there may be hope to find another hat if I don't make it back to WDW soon! princess:

Ooooh that's such good news!! Fingers crossed for a replacement hat soon!! :thumbsup2

Glad to read you enjoyed your trip :)! The hotel looked nice, and I agree a nice warm non stressed breakfast is lovely! We stayed at the Cheyenne for our trip and on the first day the breakfast was lovely...because we got there super early. On the following 3 mornings we ate just a bit later and it was crazy busy and hectic :eek:! Still fun though :)! Sorry you didn't find the book or your hat! Next time hopefully ::yes::!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter