• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seaworld

E

eeyore0062

We will be going to WDW the end of October, and since we have the 2 year, all parks included AP for Anheiser Busch theme parks, we would like to take a side trip to Seaworld while there.

I have a few questions for those who have been to Seaworld in the past year.

1) Which day is the best to go? We will have coaster riders, and non coaster riders.
2) What attractions would be interesting to a 3'10", 45 lb girl of 8?
3) What counter service places do you suggest?
4) What full service restaurants (if there are any), do you suggest?
5) Are there any sites like this one on the Busch Gardens/Seaworld parks that aren't officially sanctioned by Anheiser Busch?

Hello there..

There is a Seaworld Discussion Forum a few clicks away which can answer all your Seaworld questions.

I loved Seaworld, we are taking our 4 and 7 year old this year. I do believe for Journey to Atlantis the height requirement is 42 inches (but don't quote me on that) Kraken, the coaster is 54 inches, and there is a simulator ride which you have the choice of stationary or non stationary, which is fun as well.

Those are the rides, the shows, she would probably like the Cyde and Seamore Pirate show wiht the sealions and walrus'. Its a funny corny mix of bad jokes, and animal bloopers. Of course the Shamu show is outstanding (the evening show Shamu Rocks is so different than the daytime show). If they like Sharks, the Terror of the Deep show is cool, so is the peaceful Manatee exhibit. Go early in the morning to the Dolphin cove, its really really cool.

As for food, it depends on what you like. The barbecue is wonderfully smelling, the Bimini Bay Cafe is good as well, and well, the food there does have wonderful little touches/textures that you don't see in other theme park food.

There is an "offshoot" of this board which deals directly with Seaworld www.swoinfo.com
(or you can go to the Sea world/Discovery Cove forum here)

Seaworld was doing a 2nd day free deal when I was there. (last week of August 2001)

Discovery Cove is fantastic as well.

Thanks Cindy B., I just went to that link, and the info was great.

Hope you do a trip report when you get back. I have never been to SeaWorld and think I would like it. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter