Sea Life Park- yes or no?

blessed2BaMama

Earning My Ears
I'm interested in getting experiences about visiting Sea Life park (we will not be doing the dolphin premium up close part from GoOahu card). I wondered if it is worth it for a family with 17 and 12-year-old boys ?

Last edited:
We did it 10 years ago after a cruise and it was pretty cool! My sister got picked to be in the dolphin show, so I'm a little biased! I don't know if I'd leave aulani for it though (never been to aulani, but want to!) we just went to use time between our cruise and flight home. They have a AAA discount for tickets though (at least they did when I went). The park itself is nice, but not phenomenal IMO

its just an aquarium. If your time is tight then skip it, its nothing special

Agreed. Where are you coming from? There are much better versions of this on the Mainland. I prefer the Waikiki Aquarium, if that type of thing is a requirement for your trip, because of its proximity to other activities.

It was small and kinda rundown, especially for the price. We did do the dolphin encounter and wouldn't recommend. The water was so disgusting I could barely make myself get in it and I am not a germaphobe. They also force you into paying obscene amounts of money for the photos by not allowing anyone near to take their own photos or to take a camera with you if you are participating. Then they position the dolphins to only be seen from the poolside for your one on one picture, not from the crowd side, where conveniently only their photographers are allowed "for safety reasons." We spent more on pictures than 5 GoOahu cards. Glad we went before checking into Aulani instead of treking that far for such a disappointing experience. My kids however loved the dolphin experience which is why they were able to get all that extra cash for the photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter